Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 3

M'Lady

Posted

Even though i got a good pasting and has now started to fizzle im still gonna scream( ARRHHHHHHHH) coz them damn easterners are getting the best of precip when we were in the prime firing line damn them all !!!!!!

Heading straight down into the East Midlands ..

thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Im sure I just heard thunder to my east, can anyone confirm this??

Posted

The front gone through here but the temperature doesn't want to fall :)

NW wind constantly blowing.

You have to laugh Stephen, only in the NW, could you find a warm sector, whilst the rest have a snowfest! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Just slushy here now , all the snow been wiped out , temp currently still rising ,now at 2.8c :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Even though i got a good pasting and has now started to fizzle im still gonna scream( ARRHHHHHHHH) coz them damn easterners are getting the best of precip when we were in the prime firing line damn them all !!!!!!

That was ace though, we have two inches here now :lol:, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Posted

Seems to have intensified over parts of South Manchester. Should give some snow to central areas of England maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Im sure I just heard thunder to my east, can anyone confirm this??

I can confirm that it wasnt infact thunder but me stamping my feet firmly on the ground ! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

You have to laugh Stephen, only in the NW, could you find a warm sector, whilst the rest have a snowfest! :lol:

Can't be sure what you meant by that, but yes alas were still in the warm sector.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

look at all the snow showers clustered into north and west scotland, they need to come our way in an organised band, even the western isles are at 0c or 1c next to the sea...

Posted

tomorrow will have no warm sector being sucked in ahead of a front, we are now in an arctic airmass DP's lower now and a 4 degree drop in temps being shown in an hour in places after the front has gone through i knew this would rain, however im hopefull for tomorrow delivering

Aye, but will most of us see snow, that's the question! NW are a strange beast, they can either deliver to us all, or stream through the Cheshire gap, and only effect the south of the region!

Posted

Winds really going now just had the lights flicker! This is exicting even for other reasons!

Posted

Yep, if the BBC forecast comes off for tomorrow, then it could be an intersting commute to work on Monday morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Aye, but will most of us see snow, that's the question! NW are a strange beast, they can either deliver to us all, or stream through the Cheshire gap, and only effect the south of the region!

yes that can be the case, and showers can be a hit and miss affair, this situation looks like delivering organised bands of showers and perfect sypnotics to produce snow, as tonights event was marginal for our area and a polar low developing is not out of the question in this kind of set up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Snowing here but has the front nearly passed through now?

:yahoo:

Yes, but tomorrow looks good though going by BBC forecasts

Posted

yes that can be the case, and showers can be a hit and miss affair, this situation looks like delivering organised bands of showers and perfect sypnotics to produce snow, as tonights event was marginal for our area and a polar low developing is not out of the question in this kind of set up

Polar Low would be cool.....but if those showers shown on the radar take the same path as the front (and it seems so far they are).....I can see them missing coastal regions.........we need a North wind.

Posted

Yes my temperature isnt dropping either, but the dewpoint has!

I suppose a dropping dewpoint is the first sign of plummeting temperatures. As soon as the first 0.1C fall happens, it'll slide I imagine

Posted

Temp is finally starting to fall here, got up to 0.2°C and stayed there for a while, now 0.0°C. I'm hoping for light winds and clears skies once this band clears through, could get very cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temperature here is going up. Front has passed though @ 2.5c. Seriously... Why is it going up? How annoying is this...

2.8c here now.

Posted

Snow still coming down here in South Manchester. Kids are out making a snowman already! 2cms, and the rain that had fallen before has now set solid.. going to be bad in the morning unless the temp goes up after the front has passed through

Posted

Wahaay, 100th post!

Snow stopped, just spoke to parents N Yorks getting pasted again, will be a bit miffed if sun dont come off tbh

But it's only dec and nye looks good for some N Blocking