Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 3

M'Lady

Posted

Its interesting because as the precip moves in we now have a barmy irish sea keeping things to warm. Is the wind going to change direction from W by S to NW bringing temps down more?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Is the cold air digging in on the back edge of the front yet?

Posted

Stopped raining here, temp starting to fall back to 3.0c.

I wish the temps would drop back here but I cant see it as things stand the front has stalled and the main band is moving ever further eastwards..we'll prolly sit at 3.5C all day tomorrow.

Posted

One minute it snowing the next raining, I though my altitude would save me, but it doesn't look like we'll get any smow from this, I can hear it dripping off the trees, horrible.

Shadowfax

Posted

Interesting day here in Horwich, with some early morning sunshine, a midday blizzard, mist followed by snow and now rain. The roads are going to be lethal by the morning, especially since so many round here are left untreated.

Posted

Interesting day here in Horwich, with some early morning sunshine, a midday blizzard, mist followed by snow and now rain. The roads are going to be lethal by the morning, especially since so many round here are left untreated.

They'll have to get out with the gritters ASAP, this rain will have washed most of the grit and salt away. When it freezes it will be very icy that's for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

One minute it snowing the next raining, I though my altitude would save me, but it doesn't look like we'll get any smow from this, I can hear it dripping off the trees, horrible.

Shadowfax

This is really weird, it's still snowing here haven't had any sleet or rain yet *touch wood*. I would have thought it would be similar where you are, but it seems to be very localised.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

raining here now!

Posted

Just started snowing again in Bury, after period of rain, but its light and not amounting to much.

Big disappointment unless cold air starts undercutting from the north sharpish and the precipiation picks up.

EDIT: larger flakes now...

Edited by Maz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

They'll have to get out with the gritters ASAP, this rain will have washed most of the grit and salt away. When it freezes it will be very icy that's for sure.

that's what cause that bloody awful gridlock here last year oops.gif

Posted

This is really weird, it's still snowing here haven't had any sleet or rain yet *touch wood*I would have thought it would be similar where you are, but it seems to be very localised.

Think your location will have pretty much everything to do with it dont you?

Posted

we'll still be waiting for that cold undercutting this time tomorrow night.

At last the temp is slowly beginning to drop was 4.1 now its 3.9C with pressure at 999mb, dew point 1.4C

Showers in north west scotland are really prepping up quite a bit, hopefully by the time they get here the temps and dew point will be conducive enough for it to snow and stick.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

its snowing here again and was pretty much looking more pathetic that the flurries weve already here since thursday but its slowly picking up in size and intensity so fingers crossed now !

Posted

Temps of 1.1 Celsius here shame there's no precipitation though.

Been so long not to sure where to find the charts etc, anyone any idea for here?

Edited by Carlisle2568

Posted

Thank God we had the snow showers earlier because this is turning out to be a big fiasco! Raining here and from what I can see on the radar the band has weakened so much to the west of the Pennines that even if the cold air undercuts, there won't be much snow falling anyway.

All eyes on tomorrow!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Biggest flakes so far this season ! 50p sized atleast :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Think your location will have pretty much everything to do with it dont you?

lol yes but, I was intrigued by the rain in Rossendale, which is pretty similar to Saddleworth and Shadowfax is higher up than me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well the heavens haven't exactly opened, but there is now plenty of snow falling - medium size flakes. It seems seem to be rather sporadic but I think we've been lucky not to get the warming other places had, so it's now settling nicely on the roads as well

Edited by V for Very Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Bloomin heck the wind is really rattling here, it's shaking the windows :unsure:

Posted

Very sleety mix here now, and I think the heaviest precipitation is falling just agonisingly to the East of me. Already focusing on tomorrow's showers. BBC forecast showed them moving well inland in the afternoon.

Posted

Biggest flakes so far this season ! 50p sized atleast :unsure:

Snap! :D