Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 3

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Very sleety mix here now, and I think the heaviest precipitation is falling just agonisingly to the East of me. Already focusing on tomorrow's showers. BBC forecast showed them moving well inland in the afternoon.

Where abouts are you mate ? Im on sholver and the gritters recently did the back roads including my street not so long ago but theres already a fresh 1 to 2 cm covering on the roads already !

Posted

Well another kick in the teeth for us all, why do we bother to trust the models. Experience tell's us, that warm sectors and the NW go hand in hand!

looking at the raintoday.co.uk radar..its looking like that rain is beginning to peter out somewhat as it sinks further south, so to do the temperatures that I have noticed. I think over the next couple of hours temperatures will again begin to drop off to below freezing in many places, and those very prepped up snow showers to the north west of scotland have a very good chance of not just hitting the coastal regions but also inland towards the pennines. I was wondering where this fabled snow was going to come from, but now the temps and rain is beginning to diminish over the sea its got to be a good thing surely?

wind has finally shifted from w by s to w by n

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Thick sustained snow now ! but still not much in the way of wind . This is more like it whistling.gif

Posted

It's really hissing down here now (with rain)-temp +3.6. I tell you what if this rain turns to snow as it moves East you guys are going to get a whiteout!

Just got an indication out there then, that the wind may be swinging a bit to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

well all the rain has frozen over rapidly its not safe out the front door, and thrown some salt out! hoping for some snow tomorrow its our best chance with a nw arctic origin airflow, and no mild sectors!!! low 850's low DP's and maximum surface around 0- +2c tomorrow even near the coast!! fingers crossed!!!

Posted

Belting it down with rain here, and some quite strong winds too, Temp has been steady at 5.1c for the last hour or so....great :D

Edit rain seems to be easing now and temp has just droped by 0.2c in 30 seconds :D

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted

Where abouts are you mate ? Im on sholver and the gritters recently did the back roads including my street not so long ago but theres already a fresh 1 to 2 cm covering on the roads already !

Hathershaw area, about a mile south of town centre. Actually I now have those big flakes lol. Just need to keep it going for an hour or so now :D

Posted

Belting it down with rain here, and some quite strong winds too, Temp has been steady at 5.1c for the last hour or so....great :D

Your starting to see the last of the rain, this band will move through and its clear skies for a time before that artic air really diggs in along with the snow showers.

Posted

Belting it down with rain here, and some quite strong winds too, Temp has been steady at 5.1c for the last hour or so....great whistling.gif

What's your wind direction mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

hail here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Heavy rain here. Wont last long, temperature is getting it's skates on. Dropping fast. 2.9c.

Posted

The cold undercutting air is just north of Blackpool!

If the precip can hold on an hour, we will have a whiteout!!

Posted

Rain is starting to turn to snow in Manchester city centre! I need it to hold on and settle as the surfaces are still cold!

Karyo

Posted

3.9C no change at all. winds light west to north westerly..I think we are the warmest location in the south of region..which is incredible because we dont suffer from any heat island effect...just the barmy bahama ocean which is stupidly called the irish sea lol

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Rain is starting to turn to snow in Manchester city centre! I need it to hold on and settle as the surfaces are still cold!

Karyo

What's your temperature??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Woah! absolutley chucking it down now!! :lol: