Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 3

M'Lady

Posted

I have no idea whats going on here.

There is nothing falling out the sky but the 18:00 meto radar had the yellows virtually over us.

Anyone rochdale oldham etc seeing ANYTHING???

The odd flake or two has just started to fall

Posted

Yes, that's what I'm thinking-the Irish Sea is just too warm..and while the wind is in West we will see little snow, we need a swing in the wind to the North

I think that if the isle of man is getting snow then irish sea or not we should be too pardon.gif

Posted

Perhaps someone will confirm this, but it looks like the cold air is finally coming towards us. The precipitation is turning to sleet over the sea now to the south of the IOM. We have had around 1hr of persistent rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Hmm. Radar seems good.

lol resized to infinity%

But yes there has been some intensification on the western flank, fingers crossed that cold air undercuts sharpish!

Posted

Oh dear, I fear it will be sleeting in Moreton tomorrow :lol: :lol:

No you should be alright, Moreton tends to be one the colder areas of the north coast.

Hope so Stephen or I'll have to go and buy one of those snow making machines to keep the kids off my back :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

conditions are favourable for polar low formation, keep watching the satellite images, northern ireland to the east, sw scotland and NW england look at risk from very significant snowfall through sunday and organised bands of snow in areas with drifting a possibilty in the strong winds

Oh i can see it now ... Phantom polar low hits the nw just like the phantom NW snow progged by the GFS that never were !.

Nah seriously, this band of ppn must have started to stall theres barely even a breeze out there now and 0.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

perfect timing James - the white stuff is falling nicely now - steady light small flakes and it's settling :lol:

Ah nice one, should be here any minute now then :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Weather has been on/off rain for the last hour here in Southport. Temp now is 3.4c, but it was 4.0c at 6 o'clock, and has been falling ever since. There is a lot of surface water from melted snow and this rain, surely this can't freeze...or will it?

Edited by chris93

Posted

Snowing now but im going to scream if this isnt the main band after like 30 miniscule showers today.

I think it is, looks like there's some heavy stuff heading this way too!

Posted

The band of rain/sleet/snow has pepped up a little on it's Western edges, and should be on top of me any minute. Good sign that it's snowing in Rochdale :lol:

Posted

Looks like the Front has stalled slightly as its beginning to Pivot more Eastwards than transitioning Southerly as before, its good for those in the North Pennines and North of Manchester, however Cheshire will see rising temps for a longer duration as this motion begins to carry warmer air from the Irish Sea.

The I-O-M also seeing Snowfall from this as Snaefell is 2037ft asl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

2.6c and P*****G down!!!!Snow nearly all gone

Posted

Yep rain in it now and its becoming a bit wet.IM guna be GUTTED if this melts away what little we had.

Seems even my altitude hasnt saved me.

JUst as the main band is about to strike it turns to sleet.

you couldnt make it up.

:wallbash:

Definitley rain? it's started snowing here again and there is settling snow falling in Rochdale at 50m asl, what's your height do you know?

Posted

183m asl

IM not a happy bunny if all this turns out t be rain

Are you in a built up area? maybe there is a little bit of an urban heat island effect going on?