Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

its horrible here 0.4c or something and most sow melted what happened to this snow im so worried weve only had rainy grapel here so far and in derry its been snowing my mum said.....:drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I think the ppn will dramatically pick up as the low centre drifts South late tonight.

Eventhough the Met don't think so it is my educated guess that tomorrow could be a lot more showery than Met Eireann think.

In this type of setup, past experience comes to the fore.

Always surprise snowfalls that catch the Met out!

I'll be happy to eat humble pie if I'm wrong

I was thinkg that myself and that is what im hoping will happen. When the lp comes south you never know what could happen.

Posted

would it be rainy graupel here because we are on te head of the snow coming from scotland????? does anyone think i will have snow tonight pleas eplease im begging its horrible here!:):):):yahoo::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

yes looks like for some reason we are in the martime air here with it snowing in eglinton airport and it showing as snow over us and its doing nothing here now i think its raining is it possible that when the main band comes well get some snow.........:cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

Posted

Haven't seen any snow showers today however the snow from last night is still lying with practically no thaw at all, the streets still covered and incredibly slippy. Great fun this morning with my son as he's almost 3 and has just realised the joys of playing in the white stuff. Hopefully see a top up during the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Indeed an organised band coming up soon.

We could get pummeled tonight if that LP centre continues on its track and comes down to our East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Indeed an organised band coming up soon.

We could get pummeled tonight if that LP centre continues on its track and comes down to our East.

yes Watcher it is looking far better at moment on latest radar. Activity appears to finally be making inroads towards us after a quiet day. Snow has remained here all day right at Sea level with little thaw. Its freezing at present so HOPEFULLY an interesting night ahead !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

yes Watcher it is looking far better at moment on latest radar. Activity appears to finally be making inroads towards us after a quiet day. Snow has remained here all day right at Sea level with little thaw. Its freezing at present so HOPEFULLY an interesting night ahead !!

I've had a full Thaw apart from Nooks and Crannys, but had a blast running amok creating massive 5ft diameter snowballs haha. Couldnt find a sledge though, but wasnt icy enough for sledging on really.

Posted

Most of the snow still lying from last night, very little thaw all day.

That band on the radar is just starting to fall here now.....could be a good night :rofl:

Posted

I wonder how tonight will pan out, the Irish Met restricts the snow to coastal areas but to my untrained eye the satellite

looks extremely promising for this stuff to move down at least as far south as Dublin.

Any opinions?

Posted

As I said in an earlier post Matty, would fully agree.

We are not in the usual Northerly toppler and I firmly believe the low pressure sliding South will increase shower activity

Also the latest faxes show a few troughs over or near Ireland

Posted

Don't know whats going on here!! For the past 2 hours its been sleety hail. Thought we were gonna get another pasting tonight but doesn't look as it its gonna happen!! :rolleyes::)

Radar is picking up the band as sleet on the North coast! :)

Posted

Snowin very heavy here on East coast. A complete whiteout haven't seen snow like this at sea level since 2005!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I wonder how tonight will pan out, the Irish Met restricts the snow to coastal areas but to my untrained eye the satellite

looks extremely promising for this stuff to move down at least as far south as Dublin.

Any opinions?

Yes the satellite does look very promising,if the lp gets further south that stuff up north will surely be down over us too. Imagine if it tracked down the irish sea for example,dublin would get a fair bit of snow i would imagine. Anyway we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Posted

Snowin very heavy here on East coast. A complete whiteout haven't seen snow like this at sea level since 2005!

Getting steadily the same here! Just gets heavier and heavier!

Looks like a good pasting tonight.

So who can claim a snow day tomorrow and who is off anyway?

Posted

Getting steadily the same here! Just gets heavier and heavier!

Looks like a good pasting tonight.

So who can claim a snow day tomorrow and who is off anyway?

Haha me I def takin day off work doubt I get out in car anyway lol!