Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

wind picked up, flakes were as thick as 50p coins and nearly a blizzard! havnt seen this in YEARS!

Posted

excuse me i think you need to understand that some peoples location is the nearest major city to them, so this doesnt necessarily mean i am close to leeds, im a good 45 mins away and also other places are higher and other places are different so they will get different amounts of snow. just because the snow isnt being so generous to you. im in kirkless, which is the highest part of westyorks

Excuse me, I was only clarifying this because it is confusing for people who actually do live in Leeds when you are reporting foot drifts and blizzards and there is nothing to be seen.

Now Now Ladies .......

Posted

Excuse me, I was only clarifying this because it is confusing for people who actually do live in Leeds when you are reporting foot drifts and blizzards and there is nothing to be seen.

10123, theres still hope yet, as the winds turn more westerly the streamer might just affect us, I wouldnt bet on it the way its gone so far but you never no :lol:

Posted

I'm really not jealous, the problem is you have put your location as Leeds when you dont live in Leeds, and that doesn't help us when you are reporting snow in Leeds when there isn't any.

If you insist on having your nearest location you would see you live near, Batley, Brighouse, Bradford, not Leeds.

I agree with you mate,

It can be very confusing, if people just gave there true location, i mean it's like saying Catwick/Leven is Hull, when its geographical location is Beverly :lol:

Lewis

Posted

I'm really not jealous, the problem is you have put your location as Leeds when you dont live in Leeds, and that doesn't help us when you are reporting snow in Leeds when there isn't any.

If you insist on having your nearest location you would see you live near, Batley, Brighouse, Bradford, not Leeds.

I must admit it had me a little confuzed 2. would be a bit easier if everyone had there exact location down. Anyones doesnt matter really..

Posted

Fantastic atmosphere here. The snow has stopped falling, but it's been replaced by mist.

The field, which is just across from where I live, is barely visible.

Posted

10123, theres still hope yet, as the winds turn more westerly the streamer might just affect us, I wouldnt bet on it the way its gone so far but you never no smile.gif

I doubt it will hit us tbh, I'd say we need a slight change in wind direction, the BBC does support a change of wind direction at 3pm which would put us in the firing line, but that has yet to materialize.

Posted

snowing quite hard here now - on its way to you Sparky

we have it now, hope it goes on for a while.how long do you think it might go on for?

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

I must admit it had me a little confuzed 2. would be a bit easier if everyone had there exact location down. Anyones doesnt matter really..

Hi Jed my location is at my inlaws in Ingleton, where i'm currenty snowed in.

Five inches have fallen today, i have been out with the camera and taken you nice photos.

But i can't upload any without my special lead.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::cold:

Posted

I doubt it will hit us tbh, I'd say we need a slight change in wind direction, the BBC does support a change of wind direction at 3pm which would put us in the firing line, but that has yet to materialize.

To be honest though the bbc and met office have handled this abysmaly for a location, thats why I havent given up hope yet.

On the Gfs the wind goes from NW http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091220/12/00/h850t850eu.png at 12z today to NWW to W http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091220/12/09/h850t850eu.png by 9pm.

If this happens and the precipitation near cockermouth (latest radar) keep developing and pushes in on NWW winds, we should be in line for the streamer.

Maybe straw clutching but you never know :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Well, another sharp shower and another cm or so, giving me a level snow depth in my back yard of about 11cm - which is very impressive. If we get anymore showers tonight, then 15cm is possible, and that would be the best return we've had since the winter of '96.

Posted

To be honest though the bbc and met office have handled this abysmaly for a location, thats why I havent given up hope yet.

On the Gfs the wind goes from NW http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091220/12/00/h850t850eu.png at 12z today to NWW to W http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091220/12/09/h850t850eu.png by 9pm.

If this happens and the precipitation near cockermouth (latest radar) keep developing and pushes in on NWW winds, we should be in line for the streamer.

Maybe straw clutching but you never know :wallbash:

i really do hope you get some of the snow too! what you think about southyorkshire for later?

Posted

Hi Jed my location is at my inlaws in Ingleton, where i'm currenty snowed in.

Five inches have fallen today, i have been out with the camera and taken you nice photos.

But i can't upload any without my special lead.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::cold:

cool, yal av to put em up some time :good: hopefully us in Leeds will get similar scenes some time soon :)

Posted

To be honest though the BBC and met office have handled this abysmaly for a location, thats why I havent given up hope yet.

On the Gfs the wind goes from NW http://charts.netwea.../h850t850eu.png at 12z today to NWW to W http://charts.netwea.../h850t850eu.png by 9pm.

Maybe straw clutching but you never know smile.gif

Yeah thats what I've just been looking at, its a possibility, I'd say 50/50 chance of happening.

Been really let down by the BBC and Meto forecasts, they seem to refuse to nowcast and just use there tin can weather models which don't get anything right.

Posted

the snow we have in spalding now, would anybody have an idea of how long and how much we might get?

I think your good for about half an hour, as for amounts not sure

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

i really do hope you get some of the snow too! what you think about southyorkshire for later?

I think its looking cracking, obviously there will be local variations but some of you should see a few more inches yet looking at the latest radar. The precipitation around manchester seems to be backbuilding and plenty more showers pushing in on the north sea :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

I've a funny feeling this streamer is going to head a little too far north of us :wallbash:

Need the winds to change, or for the low to track south a little!!

another respite from the snow atm here, hoping it'll fire back up again soon! :wallbash: