Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Lovely big flakes falling here now.

Looks like some precip has hit this area and the humber and want's to intensify.

Nothing after this accept a few showers around midnight to the early hours.

With a more pronounced area of precipitation extending North Eastwards tomorrow.

Lewis

Posted

Looks like some precip has hit this area and the humber and want's to intensify.

With a more pronounced area of precipitation extending North Eastwards tomorrow.

Lewis

you seen the streamer mate? this could be a special event for southyorkshire!

Posted

Lewis

Yep better than I anticipated Lewis - who knows it may continue longer like last night -its been another class day today :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Just had short but moderately intense snow shower which has put down a light dusting on my previously pristine pavement (That took an hour to clear). Most unexpected, but welcome nonetheless.

Looking at Meteox, looks like we may have another shower or two over the next hour or so.

Oh, and an ice day here - high temp recorded being -0.2c at 1.23pm

Posted

what i cant understand is how these are keeping their intensity once they have been over the pinnines? doncaster never gets snow like this from west as it always comes from the east!

Posted

WTH!

got a pm from somone saying this:Hi youve put you live in Leeds but are you sure you do or do you have a leeds postcode, becase when youre reporting snow etc no where else in Leeds is reporting it.

just because i have leeds on my place where i live doesnt mean i am directly form leeds. i am in kirkless in cleckheaton, hence why it is so snowy and leeds has suffered from the snow anyway. i sense jealousy from 101123 who posted this to me. humbug to you

Posted

what i cant understand is how these are keeping their intensity once they have been over the pinnines? doncaster never gets snow like this from west as it always comes from the east!

Its due to the LP being centered NE of you, if it was NW of you, they would not penetrate as far inland, it's because the LP is pivoting.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

WTH!

got a pm from somone saying this:Hi youve put you live in Leeds but are you sure you do or do you have a leeds postcode, becase when youre reporting snow etc no where else in Leeds is reporting it.

just because i have leeds on my place where i live doesnt mean i am directly form leeds. i am in kirkless in cleckheaton, hence why it is so snowy and leeds has suffered from the snow anyway. i sense jealousy from 101123 who posted this to me. humbug to you

ha ha . im jealous as well :rolleyes:

glad you got your snow, share it next time please!!!

Posted

Where is this streamer coming from? Any chance of it hitting areas further east. Pleased to here Sheffield is doing ok now with the snow.

Seems to be originating in Morecambe Bay area and heading southeast. Grimsby looks to be just out of it but Lincoln should get a good dumping.

Edited by galba

Posted

Its due to the LP being centered NE of you, if it was NW of you, they would not penetrate as far inland, it's because the LP is pivoting.

Lewis

very rare event then! because its chucking it down again with the wind picking up! looks like whole of yorkshire will have seen snow cover

Posted

ha ha . im jealous as well diablo.gif

glad you got your snow, share it next time please!!!

Lol its that deep you cannot see the paths. just looked at the radar that is a big stream of snow heading this way? biggrin.gif

watch calendar tonight lol and see all the attention on this snow. switch on national news and hear nothing because if this was the south we wouldn't have heard the last of it. at least we can handle it.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Stopped snowing now although the radar thinks it is. The streamer is fizzling out at the moment. Could well build again later.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Heavy snow again here. Been going for 10 minutes. This combined with the semi-blizzard we had eariler for 30 minutes means we have had a good 2-3 cm extra snow so far.

Posted

WTH!

got a pm from somone saying this:Hi youve put you live in Leeds but are you sure you do or do you have a Leeds postcode, because when you're reporting snow etc no where else in Leeds is reporting it.

just because i have Leeds on my place where i live doesn't mean i am directly form Leeds. i am in kirkless in cleckheaton, hence why it is so snowy and Leeds has suffered from the snow anyway. i sense jealousy from 101123 who posted this to me. humbug to you

Excuse me, I was only clarifying this because it is confusing for people who actually do live in Leeds when you are reporting foot drifts and blizzards and there is nothing to be seen.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Seems to be originating in Morecambe Bay area and heading southeast. Grimsby looks to be just out of it but Lincoln should get a good dumping.

Spotted it, thanks. We will have to wait and see not too bothered as we have already have a fresh dusting here today.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Excuse me, i was only clarifying this because it is confusing for people who actually do live in Leeds when you are reporting foot drifts and blizzards and there is nothing to be seen.

excuse me i think you need to understand that some peoples location is the nearest major city to them, so this doesnt necessarily mean i am close to leeds, im a good 45 mins away and also other places are higher and other places are different so they will get different amounts of snow. just because the snow isnt being so generous to you. im in kirkless, which is the highest part of westyorks

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

Hammering down with snow outside at the moment

Pleased for you mate, its just missed here. I've noticed Horncastle is under a very dark red colour on the radar, bet its heavy there too.

Posted

excuse me i think you need to understand that some peoples location is the nearest major city to them and also other places are higher and other places are different so they will get different amounts of snow. just because the snow isn't being so generous to you

I'm really not jealous, the problem is you have put your location as Leeds when you dont live in Leeds, and that doesn't help us when you are reporting snow in Leeds when there isn't any.

If you insist on having your nearest location you would see you live near, Batley, Brighouse, Bradford, not Leeds.