Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The snow isn't too far away from my area,and it's clouding over.I'll be very surprised if it reaches here though.

im gobsmacked!!! its coming down thicker and faster!! starting to settle!!! and were in a stream line now!

wow, well! :yahoo:

Been snowing for just over an hour sometime very heavy, sometimes light, and we've now gone from a few mm to a couple of inches!!

The roads are covered and I haven't seen a gritter yet - we're next to the main depot in our area.

Looks like the ppn is starting to get going from the west too, so could well be in line for quite a good dumping today! :blush:

just a little concerned that the temps are slowly creeping up!!

i know mate :D looking great for here!!!

Posted

A friend told me this morning that a snow plough was spotted in Grimsby last night! Looking very good for you guys in the west.

Posted

im gobsmacked!!! its coming down thicker and faster!! starting to settle!!! and were in a stream line now!

The BBC forecast ive just seen didn't show snow anywhere near as far east as doncaster, so it's wrong already <_<

I don't mind missing out as ive got a good covering, and the temp is still below freezing with cloud cover :drunk:

Posted

Looks like your'e going to be amongst the thick of the action, I'm pleased for you mate <_<

hehe cheers! i had no clue this was going to happen! and a westerly? suprises all around this cold spell! if this carries on then im expecting 5cm at least!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

heavy snow again here putting back whats recently melted.

Posted

post-1104-12613156211813.txt

CANT BELIVE IT <_< :drunk::rofl::clap:

Well Done, but that's not E Yorks.

Posted

Where are all these showers, there's just one big clump thats passed through here and thats it.

Posted

Not posted on here for a while, but report from Cleckheaton:

Thursdays snow froze into a vary icy layer.

Had rain last night that got rid of most of the white stuff but re-froze overnight.

Very hazardous this morning with ice, now blizzard conditions with an inch of snow settled in the last 45 mins. All roads (in main ones) now getting covered.

Posted

The sky is starting to get rather dark to my west biggrin.gif the next radar update will be interesting smile.gif

Just noticed the sky has turned milky here too, not expecting much though. Mind you I can't grumble with the 3 inch we have already.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Not posted on here for a while, but report from Cleckheaton:

Thursdays snow froze into a vary icy layer.

Had rain last night that got rid of most of the white stuff but re-froze overnight.

Very hazardous this morning with ice, now blizzard conditions with an inch of snow settled in the last 45 mins. All roads (in main ones) now getting covered.

indeed thats where i am. just looked at my garden every think is in a very thick blanket, with almost 1ft of drifts up to the conservatory doors and there is a lot more to come. this is absolutly unbelievable. is it just cleckheaton?

Posted

Just noticed the sky has turned milky here too, not expecting much though. Mind you I can't grumble with the 3 inch we have alreaDY.

exactly mate.It's a winter wonderland here and anything else would be a hugh bonus :)

Posted

indeed thats where i am. just looked at my garden every think is in a very thick blanket, with almost 1ft of drifts up to the conservatory doors and there is a lot more to come. this is absolutly unbelievable. is it just cleckheaton?

Been through Heckmondwike and there is heavy snow there too. Gildersome/Birstall also getting heavy snow about an hour ago when driving through. It was a different world in Leeds city centre at Lunchtime - never expected it to snow today!

Posted

Update for today for East Yorkshire and N Lincs

West Yorkshire and south Yorkshire are already receiving heavy showers giving moderate to heavy falls.

These showers WILL push eastwards they may for a time loose intensity, but as they hit the humber they should intensify once again.

Chances of the showers not getting far east into our area: 15%

Lewis

Posted

Been through Heckmondwike and there is heavy snow there too. Gildersome/Birstall also getting heavy snow about an hour ago when driving through. It was a different world in Leeds city centre at Lunchtime - never expected it to snow today!

do u agree that this snow has reached the intensity of that in feb, because i do and yet its only been like this for under an hour. so so shocked

Posted

West Yorkshire and south Yorkshire are already receiving heavy showers giving moderate to heavy falls.

These showers WILL push eastwards they may for a time loose intensity, but as they hit the humber they should intensify once again.

Lewis

is there a chance there will be more later today?

Posted

Lewis

I agree with your update SFL, the radar seems quite promising. Just hope it continues to stay below freezing.