Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

It is moving northwards and swinging round on its self slightly as shown on graphics! remember the warning is for 3pm-6pm so we have a way to go yet before the real fun and games start. Also worth remembering even if it turns to rain it is forecast to turn back to snow later.

run the radar it has turned into a northerly move!

Hope your right my friend. Looks like the main band is way to the east. Lets wait and see....acute.gif

Posted

hi mate..thats not completely true..

if you run the loop you will see its also nudging slightly North as it spreads East..

Windswept....Like you Im passed it,I dont care either way now,though I will be now and again keeping an eye on it.

look like the light stuff is coming our way and the heavier snow is heading for central parts hopefully it will nudge more north in the next few hours rather than E/NE:whistling:

Posted

West Midlands Heavy Snow 1500 Mon 21 0600 Tue 22

East Midlands Heavy Snow 1500 Mon 21 0600 Tue 22

SouthWest Heavy snow

Met update

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

wat temp would you say snow starts to melt at its -0.1c now.

That depends on lots of things, but rain is worse than sun for melting snow. I've had snow here hang around at 4c on a sunny winter day for the whole day, longer and usually until we get rain. (which being Dartmoor is never far away) :drinks:

Posted

Currently 0c in East Dorset but its more rain than sleet at the moment!! To the south, everything is slowly dissapearing in what looks like a thick white mist. Its moving closer, not sure what this is.

Posted

Currently 0c in East Dorset but its more rain than sleet at the moment!! To the south, everything is slowly dissapearing in what looks like a thick white mist. Its moving closer, not sure what this is.

Well, we've had spits and spots of rain here. The BH31 snow shield seems to have held up, as everywhere else round here (St Ives, Three Legged Cross) seemed to have a covering of snow, but not us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

light rain here in Poole. oh well it's off to the cupboard for a glass of bubbly

Posted

Latest BBC doesn't look good for this neck of the woods, looked like Wilts and east.

Posted

Well, we've had spits and spots of rain here. The BH31 snow shield seems to have held up, as everywhere else round here (St Ives, Three Legged Cross) seemed to have a covering of snow, but not us.

Oh right, we woke up to a covering of snow this morning in Colehill/Wimborne. Hope this rain turns to snow this afternoon/evening though! however, being Dorset it will most probs just stay as rain! :drinks:

Posted

South West England:

Bath + NE Somerset

Bristol

Gloucestershire

N Somerset

S Gloucestershire

Somerset

Swindon

Wiltshire

Heavy Snow 1500 Mon 21 0600 Tue 22

Rain and sleet will turn increasingly to snow as it spreads northwards across many southern and eastern parts of England during Monday afternoon and Monday night. There will be accumulations of 2 to 5 cm of fresh snow in many areas, with up to 10 cm likely in places, especially on higher ground.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Posted

Oh right, we woke up to a covering of snow this morning in Colehill/Wimborne. Hope this rain turns to snow this afternoon/evening though! however, being Dorset it will most probs just stay as rain! :doh:

Yep, Dorset will be Dorset! :doh: But I'm not holding out for much of the white stuff, we need to be a lot colder if we want some. Though it did look nice with a sugar coating of snow about this morning! :pardon:

South West England:

Bath + NE Somerset

Bristol

Gloucestershire

N Somerset

S Gloucestershire

Somerset

Swindon

Wiltshire

Heavy Snow 1500 Mon 21 0600 Tue 22

Rain and sleet will turn increasingly to snow as it spreads northwards across many southern and eastern parts of England during Monday afternoon and Monday night. There will be accumulations of 2 to 5 cm of fresh snow in many areas, with up to 10 cm likely in places, especially on higher ground.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

You forgot our pitiful warning... :nonono:

South West England: Bournemouth Dorset Poole Widespread Icy Roads 0900 Mon 21 1200 Mon 21 Showers of rain, sleet and snow moving inland from the coast this morning will give widespread ice on some untreated surfaces.

:80::cray:

Posted

Yep, Dorset will be Dorset! :doh: But I'm not holding out for much of the white stuff, we need to be a lot colder if we want some. Though it did look nice with a sugar coating of snow about this morning! :doh:

You forgot our pitiful warning... :pardon:

South West England: Bournemouth Dorset Poole Widespread Icy Roads 0900 Mon 21 1200 Mon 21 Showers of rain, sleet and snow moving inland from the coast this morning will give widespread ice on some untreated surfaces.

:80::nonono:

lol...I just wonted to focus on the rain turning to snow report,not showers of rain and snow :cray:

goodluck though I hope you do well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Yep some are going to get a good dumping, others arn't.

Good luck everyone.

Posted

lol...I just wonted to focus on the rain turning to snow report,not showers of rain and snow :doh:

goodluck though I hope you do well

Hehe...I just felt like pointing out how rubbish Dorset's prospects are compared to you northern types! :pardon: After all, you are practically in Scotland up there! :nonono:

Cheers, we need all the luck we can get! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The band of light/mod is getting closer and has taken a north almost slight north west route at the moment which if i remember rightly was forecast to happen.

-0.9c and steady

Posted

What are peoples temps?

-0.1c and -1.6C (DP) It's overcast and getting darker here... not that its really been that bright all morning.