Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

-0.3C at the moment and rising.

Posted

yes i know that area very nice got a friend who lives just off of bath road and 1 that lives off tennis court road hopefully we will get something out of this weather front

cool siston lane does not look safe to drive on right now looks lovely on the hills.

edit my temp maxed at 0.9c now going back down to 0.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The edge of the ppn has just reached me and on que it has started to snow. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had a drive to Clevedon this morning to find there was at least 4cm of snow there in comparison to the 1-1.5cm here in Yatton. Glad to see though that the snow is not melting as the sun isn't shining and the temperature is currently -0.2C.

Posted

Main band of precipitation is sliding north east across dorset & hampshire as can be clearly seen by running the radar sequence over the past few hours. Cant see North Somerset, Bristol or Swindon getting much, if any from this set up.

Ian

Posted

cool siston lane does not look safe to drive on right now looks lovely on the hills.

i was on the road at 5.30 am and the car was all over the place nearly smashed it up goin down blackberry hill very dicey should have gone around eastville way to work. i work at uwe filton snow was a good 2-3 inches up there very nice.

Posted

Teeming it down with cold rain in Wareham at the moment (and has been for the past 30 minutes), can't see it changing with a band moving up from the South.

Same here, looks pretty wet out here in the eastern fringes of Dorset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Main band of precipitation is sliding north east across dorset & hampshire as can be clearly seen by running the radar sequence over the past few hours. Cant see North Somerset, Bristol or Swindon getting much, if any from this set up.

Ian

You shoudnt take the radar at face value. It is meant to swing round back west slightly. warning for the area is after 3pm!

Not saying it is guaranteed but thats what i think is going to happen.

Posted

i was on the road at 5.30 am and the car was all over the place nearly smashed it up goin down blackberry hill very dicey should have gone around eastville way to work. i work at uwe filton snow was a good 2-3 inches up there very nice.

Lets hope we get a bit more later heres hoping good.gif edit gritter just went past :cold:

Posted

Just caught News 24 in work reception and the snow is going to miss us. It will be heading towards the west and North West of London.

Reckon we'll mis it completely tonightcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

The roads around here seem to have not been gritted. Very slippery coming into work today on all roads.

Posted

Just caught News 24 in work reception and the snow is going to miss us. It will be heading towards the west and North West of London.

yes we will miss it tonight but its this afternoon we might catch somthing of it but its fingers crossed time from now on in.

Posted

Yes, watching the radar the main band is heading towards london and the PPN following is dying away.