Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Considering everything, I'll make a bold prediction that the valleys will get pasted by this...

You can quote me on that, or maybe the Christmas merriment is getting to me... but I think this sucker could actually come off for once.

Posted

Considering everything, I'll make a bold prediction that the valleys will get pasted by this...

You can quote me on that, or maybe the Christmas merriment is getting to me... but I think this sucker could actually come off for once.

Angelsey for a white christmas PLEASE !!! Merry christmas everyone god bless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Its a white christmas guys:), 1.5inches of snow on most services still here today, max temperture 2.1c its currently -1.4c.

Been out there with the wheelbarrow and shovel clearing the paths as my mother fell over and hurt her self so i thought i beter to do something about it. Anyway Merry Christmas and A happy new year to everyone. Snow here next week is on the cards:) Might keep the snow I already have doesnt seem to want to go:)

Posted

Last night i did close the curtain ,look myself in the mirror and say "Part 1 is finished you wuss, get over it".

And that was what i thought until now , as for the first time i flicked on a weather forecast(sky) , and ok they are usually long way behind the times, but it did show sleety/snow heading south easterly accross West Wales until about 3 or 4 am.

So if that forecast still as any relevance then anyone with a bit of height may get a white christmas after all.

If one snow flake equals a white christmas , then how many sleet flakes does it take?? 1000??

If snow falls in flakes , rain falls as droplets or spitting or picking or whatever, what does sleet fall as??

Sleaks? Slakes? snakes? Slain?

Snakes of sleet , i like it.

Happy Christmas to all HO HO HO

Posted

If snow falls in flakes , rain falls as droplets or spitting or picking or whatever, what does sleet fall as??

Droplets of snow? Flakes of rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Floplets?

Posted

Just watching the latest beeb forcecast , and you may get a white christmas in the valleys say upto 4 am!

Whereas i thinking it will be snakes of sleet at best here.

Got to do some wrapping now !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Very nice covering here still

Merry Christmas everyone.

If i get the present i think I'm getting then i will be posting all the weather data i can from the 27th.

If not i'll by a all singing all dancing weather station in the new year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone, Still white ice around so i guess you could say it will be a bit of a white christmas lol

Despite the remnants of snow clearing from garden, still some snow, which was cleared from driveways a few days ago, so snow into Christmas. Also quite a bit of ice still in the shade, these areas have been frozen solid for days, and will possibly take a few more days to thaw.

Posted

There is still a covering here, albeit a slushy and increasingly thin one. Will count as a covering on Christmas day though, which is nice I suppose.

Posted

Drive cleared of snow but garden and fields still covered. The snow is so hard where ice has frozen over and sealed it all.

Will be a nice white christmas.

Would be a bonus if we had snow showers tonight but I'm content (until next week) :drinks:.

Posted

Its a white christmas guys:), 1.5inches of snow on most services still here today, max temperture 2.1c its currently -1.4c.

Been out there with the wheelbarrow and shovel clearing the paths as my mother fell over and hurt her self so i thought i beter to do something about it. Anyway Merry Christmas and A happy new year to everyone. Snow here next week is on the cards:) Might keep the snow I already have doesnt seem to want to go:)

I hope she's okay, merry christmas :drinks:

Some might see a 'white chrsitmas' surely?

Dusting possible over higher ground with these showers?

Posted

Despite the remnants of snow clearing from garden, still some snow, which was cleared from driveways a few days ago, so snow into Christmas. Also quite a bit of ice still in the shade, these areas have been frozen solid for days, and will possibly take a few more days to thaw.

I love your positivity Jackone ,hanging in there to the bitter end, i have a few tiny grey slushy mushy lumps on steps and on areas protected from the sun and most of the rain.

I suppose this is what we in Swansea call a white christmas , if so then , count me in !!

White christmas in Pascals garden !!

Who needs altitude !!

When my son and i drive down the back of Tycoch hill , its a ritual to ask each other if that snowman from February this year may still be there(even though its long gone).

It must have lasted a good week after the thaw, so would that count as extra met office snow days??

Happy christmas , and thanks for your contribution to this wonderful web site!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hi all i am in the Midlands.

Drove to Coventry today.

Sunny when left home, mist and fog at times from brecon. Most parts across wales had some snow cover with Crickhowell and Abergavenny having 2 or 3 inches unmelted snow and snow/rime on trees. Little snow left through midlands.

Max at home

4.6c @ 1330.

Posted

The 18z GFS is better for us in South Wales, snow from the start and right down to the coast on this run. Many hours of heavy snow:

120-574.GIF?24-18

Posted

I hope she's okay, merry christmas smile.gif

Some might see a 'white chrsitmas' surely?

Dusting possible over higher ground with these showers?

I concur, but its very unlikley it will be us poor low landerers!

The last white christmas i can remember was in 95 when it snowed heavily for a few hours in the early hours , however i did live way up north at the time.

The 18z GFS is better for us in South Wales, snow from the start and right down to the coast on this run. Many hours of heavy snow:

120-574.GIF?24-18

This is just typical of my luck.

The cold spell down here ends and the mild front follows me up north as im off there late tomorrow(where i expected to have a great time in deep snow), then whilst i am up there it starts snowing heavily back in south wales.

Im convinced it will be the worst weather south wales has suffered in 30 years , purely by the fact that i wont be there.

Also by the time i come back down to witness the remnants, a south westerly will have pushed in once more.

Finished wrapping now, so a few drinks and merry xmas to all!!

Posted

wow wow wow:) far happier now, im sure the bbc forecast for Cardiff will change tommorow, 10c in the day and the evening is ridiculous :aggressive: ohwell looks good of snow:)

Posted

I think my area is going to have a total pasting. I dread to think what its going to be like at my altitude! Wont be able to travel anywhere.

I love your positivity Jackone ,hanging in there to the bitter end, i have a few tiny grey slushy mushy lumps on steps and on areas protected from the sun and most of the rain.

I suppose this is what we in Swansea call a white christmas , if so then , count me in !!

White christmas in Pascals garden !!

Who needs altitude !!

When my son and i drive down the back of Tycoch hill , its a ritual to ask each other if that snowman from February this year may still be there(even though its long gone).

It must have lasted a good week after the thaw, so would that count as extra met office snow days??

Happy christmas , and thanks for your contribution to this wonderful web site!

It is not a true White Christmas, as we saw in 1993, 2001 and 2004, with 1993 seeing wet morning snow, 2001 4 inches of snow in the evening, and 2004 1 inch of snow in the evening. A better ratio than much of the UK.

However tomorrow will count as a day with lying snow, as there still is snow on the ground, not positivity, reality. Certainly the run of Met Office snow Days has ended at 4. I have kept such figures for over 10 years, and objectivity is essential for this.

Posted

It is not a true White Christmas, as we saw in 1993, 2001 and 2004, with 1993 seeing wet morning snow, 2001 4 inches of snow in the evening, and 2004 1 inch of snow in the evening. A better ratio than much of the UK.

However tomorrow will count as a day with lying snow, as there still is snow on the ground, not positivity, reality. Certainly the run of Met Office snow Days has ended at 4. I have kept such figures for over 10 years, and objectivity is essential for this.

Im trying to inject a bit of seasonal humour here, and i find the whole slushy/ grey muddy /left over snow drift thing, quite amusing when it comes to counting it as a white christmas

Reality in terms of the definition of what a "met office snow day " is to myself not really a snow day.

However to others, the technical definition would define it as so.

If you had to re define a snow day in your own terms , would you say a grey slushy muddy mess would count as a white christmas???

If you say so then on this instance im with you , WHITE CHRISTMAS IN SWANSEA WOOHOOO MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.