Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

You can see higher upper air temps coming in to the coastal areas of Southern Wales on the GFS 12z > http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs782.gif

GFS 96h: http://91.121.94.83/...gfs-0-96.png?12

UKMO 96h: http://www.meteociel...96-21.GIF?26-17

Would need to see that Low further South to deliver snow to much of South Wales.

I getting quite sick the hysterics on model output discussion .the facts are Lp is moving in to the swest.The metoffice issued a weatherwarning incredible early for them,For wales midlands southuk.Personally i cant see how it cant start off as snow temps being to mild,but gradually all rain in swales will turn to snow earlier wednesday and continue through out wednesday.Giving a few incs inplaces epecially heavy in swales wednesday.Wednesday could be very interesting because it looks like the front could stall over south wales.With a easterly wind developing.

Posted

I getting quite sick the hysterics on model output discussion .the facts are Lp is moving in to the swest.The metoffice issued a weatherwarning incredible early for them,For wales midlands southuk.Personally i cant see how it cant start off as snow temps being to mild,but gradually all rain in swales will turn to snow earlier wednesday and continue through out wednesday.Giving a few incs inplaces epecially heavy in swales wednesday.Wednesday could be very interesting because it looks like the front could stall over south wales.With a easterly wind developing.

Met added update improved outlook sleet snow no rain tues wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Met office update 727 now turned into 3 days of SNOW.

Looking good:)

Posted

Met office update 727 now turned into 3 days of SNOW.

What update is that?

Posted

What update is that?

ROB MACKELWEE news 24 3days of snow, sleet to start with turning to snow,3 days unbeleivable.God knows how much 3 days of snow 3foot deep 4 foot deep 6 foot deep who knows who could guess?

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

ROB MACKELWEE news 24 3days of snow, sleet to start with turning to snow,3 days unbeleivable.God knows how much 3 days of snow 3foot deep 4 foot deep 6 foot deep who knows who could guess?

Maybe up to 2 foot cant see it being 6 foot though! Ive been in the US and even there they dont get 6foot out of one fall! lol

Posted

When was this ? and hehe Rob is a cold ramper even though im a cold lover we must bare this in mind however.

Posted

When was this ? and hehe Rob is a cold ramper even though im a cold lover we must bare this in mind however.

He was adamant with a glit in his eye hes still the best they got.Trying to quell his excitement.

Posted

if there was 3 days of heavy drifting snow, you'd have huge drifts everywhere, just like in 78 and 82, which were both 3 day events for us here.

personally, i'm quite sceptical we'll see any of the white stuff. :whistling:

Posted

He was adamant with a glit in his eye hes still the best they got.Trying to quell his excitement.

Haha bless him but he's alway's got that glit in his eye at the prospect of cold weather just to remind you,

Posted

Maybe up to 2 foot cant see it being 6 foot though! Ive been in the US and even there they dont get 6foot out of one fall! lol

You may be to young to remember in swansea 1982 i think snowed for 24hrs had snow 2 foot thick, what would 3 days give?

if there was 3 days of heavy drifting snow, you'd have huge drifts everywhere, just like in 78 and 82, which were both 3 day events for us here.

personally, i'm quite sceptical we'll see any of the white stuff. :whistling:

You definatley me on s coast doubt it. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Lol getting a bit carried away there, could see 6 foot drifts though. 1 foot of lying snow is certainly not out of the question in the "sweet spot" and more perhaps for a few on higher ground. Better not get too excited though as it still could go balls up and we'll end up dry/soaking wet.

The ECM is looking very nice for us tonight.

Posted

Lol getting a bit carried away there, could see 6 foot drifts though. 1 foot of lying snow is certainly not out of the question in the "sweet spot" and more perhaps for a few on higher ground. Better not get too excited though as it still could go balls up and we'll end up dry/soaking wet.

The ECM is looking very nice for us tonight.

Look you in the valleys are a cert the weather front stalls and becomes reloaded a 3 day event we might not see it again in our lifetime.Starting tommorow night -2 is forecaste , tues starts with freezing fog patches then the fun begins i may be ramping but why not?I seen blizzards 24 hrs of snow but never 72hrs of snow.

Posted

Hi, Can anyone explain why the forecasts, snow charts here and the BBC website is showing heavy rain for Tuesday / Wednesday then? I really hope its snow but why are they showing rain?? What am I missing lol?

Posted

Hi, Can anyone explain why the forecasts, snow charts here and the BBC website is showing heavy rain for Tuesday / Wednesday then? I really hope its snow but why are they showing rain?? What am I missing lol?

Dont pay attention to BBC online forecasts they are total rubbish.

Posted

Because we in the south are right on the edge tues afternoon may start as rain but after dark it will turn to snow, news 24 wales covered in snow wednesday snow thursday snow, how much dont know but higher southern mid and north wales are in for fun. Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yes, BBC news now just showing snow from about Brecon Northwards :mellow: Too far North for me :)

Still 3 days away, it will change, confidence looks very low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

So if this does happen, is there chance of snow for us in the south? im only 8 miles inland or something like that, i know its hard to say anything this far away, but is there still a chance we could get snow here?

Posted

So if this does happen, is there chance of snow for us in the south? im only 8 miles inland or something like that, i know its hard to say anything this far away, but is there still a chance we could get snow here?

Depends who you listen to. on here they all reackon we have a deluge on met office we have snow i prefer to believe the met.Sleet tesday snow wednesday thayts what the met are saying.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

I prefer to believe nowcasting... I can't see anything good apart from heavy rain possibly wintry mix, then turning colder for the rest of the week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/572364.stm thought id show you this. S Wales has expierenced a good snowfall pre christmas recently but we didnt do too well last week but we can have a good snowfall.

The question was asked can we get snow from this, absolutely, there is the very real potential of very heavy snow.

will we get snow from this? A completely different story, a few miles here or there can make all the difference, however we would certainly like the lows to be further south, to get widespread snow.

Last year Christmas Day and Boxing Day charts showed downgrades which were promptly reversed soon after, will this happen this year, perhaps we will find out tomorrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/572364.stm thought id show you this. S Wales has expierenced a good snowfall pre christmas recently but we didnt do too well last week but we can have a good snowfall.

I remember that snow event It took 7 and a half hours to get from Swansea to Bath on the 18th December.

Posted

Weatheronline are still saying snow for wales.they been pretty consistant and accurate during the winter,that will do for me.