Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Easing of slightly here, just been out to take a quick measure, 3 cms at least from this so far. Temp now 0.1C though, and RainToday showing sleet over us, although it isn't, but definitely not as heavy.

Posted

Still snowing here (however it is a little sleety) What started off as melting my snow has now started adding to it. Fresh dusting in the road with the temp now at 1.6c and a dew of 0.0c. I would expect the fresh bit and the old snow to now start melting.

post-6181-12624317737813_thumb.jpg

post-6181-12624317970113_thumb.jpg

Posted

Still snowing here (however it is a little sleety) What started off as melting my snow has now started adding to it. Fresh dusting in the road with the temp now at 1.6c and a dew of 0.0c. I would expect the fresh bit and the old snow to now start melting.

post-6181-12624317737813_thumb.jpg

post-6181-12624317970113_thumb.jpg

its better than being rain mate LOL, all snow washed away! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Really heavy snow at times here and a whole line of it stretching up to the north west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

I presume west yorkshire is not issued with a warning at present because it is only snowing in huddersfield?nonono.gif And this afternoons will miss alsoblink.gif

Posted

Temp here now 0.6°C with a healthy DP of -2.5°C, however, the temp has been rising rapidly over the last couple of hours: am hoping the rise will stop soon otherwise last night's dusting wll disappear even before Mr Robinson's name!

I am watching that band in the N Sea (yes, it is still there) and hoping it will get here and coincide with good temps and DP. Here's hoping....

yes , been watching that band out in the North Sea all morning .....relatively slow moving ......i think the main intense bit of it will hit us well after dark around Beverley .....dew points should be OK by then .....perhaps a decent fall between 8pm and 12 tonight for areas just north of the Humber

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Snowing heavily here now. The magic temp seems to be 1.6C and a dew point of -0.2C.

Posted

I'll try and restrain myself from hogging this thread but I've rarely seen snow as heavy as we've got at present.

Very litte wind and vis' is reduced to 200m, I'd estimate the rate of snowfall at about 15cm an hour.

Posted

Any hope for a recover here later today? just wish those temps didnt rise! 2.2c with a dew of 0c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

I'll try and restrain myself from hogging this thread but I've rarely seen snow as heavy as we've got at present.

Very litte wind and vis' is reduced to 200m, I'd estimate the rate of snowfall at about 15cm an hour.

great we got nothing :unsure:

Edited by swfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Underwhelming overnight with temps too high for anything other than a bit of sleet. NMM on Netweather extra also suggests much of the ppn later today will be of wintery-mix type, perhaps with some snow on the back edge, which is also disappointing if it verifies. Probably better for snow the further west or the higher you are, though as we move into the overnight period, dews and thicknesses look better, though ppn reduces.

Enjoy it if you got it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I believe you TM I was up there earlier some photos too look at you can see why I didn't stay up there too long.

post-2404-12624328858613_thumb.jpg

post-2404-12624329230913_thumb.jpg

post-2404-12624329714213_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

eagerly awaiting the wind veering and the temps to plunge around midnight tonite,

meantime I`ll try to not get suckered with ppn types on the radars,,,fatal error by allowing scant regards of the dew and layer temps :unsure:

Plenty more ammo left afterall eh folks? :drinks:

Posted

Had a couple of fairly heavy snow showers in Halifax, everywhere covered again! Any chance of some more white stuff today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

That's OK TM, you're not the only one this morning ! Intensified again here, hard to judge depths looking out the window but there must be at least 5-7 cms fresh snow laying now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Finally at the back edge now. Haven't seen such huge flakes in years and a couple of inches down over the three hours. smile.gif

Posted

Just An Update Heavy Snow for pass 45 min 50p size flakes

Temp: 0.4c

Dew: -0.9c

Photos taken about 10 min ago

4237032742_aa2586e19e.jpg

4237032374_9f89de86fc.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all,

So what the chances of snow in my location today? Poor over the last two nights, very low overnight lows, but just a couple (literally) of heavy snow showers that have given nothing more than a dusting. Grimsby seems to be missing the snow this time around. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

eagerly awaiting the wind veering and the temps to plunge around midnight tonite,

meantime I`ll try to not get suckered with ppn types on the radars,,,fatal error by allowing scant regards of the dew and layer temps :cc_confused:

Unless of course you also looked at predicted dew points, dry bulb and 500-1000hPa thickness. I guess we'll see, soon enough.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

Temp here now 0.6°C with a healthy DP of -2.5°C, however, the temp has been rising rapidly over the last couple of hours: am hoping the rise will stop soon otherwise last night's dusting wll disappear even before Mr Robinson's name!

I am watching that band in the N Sea (yes, it is still there) and hoping it will get here and coincide with good temps and DP. Here's hoping....

You must be fairly sheltered and very lucky with temps like that, i'm at 3.2c here in Hull.

Just got back from a walk to the chippy, and it's bitter.

Dew point back down to -0.0 here

I don't think the band in the N sea will hit this area, once again the metoffice and other forecasts have got it wrong, always the same when it's a LP, very hard to predict its movement.

It could move in later, but around me and south won't get it .

Lewis

Posted

Still piling down with snow here, roads are completely covered despite some brave souls continuing to drive.

Posted

The only good thing about these showers is that they appear to be very slow moving so anyone getting snow must be getting a right pasting. Having looked at RainToday? there are tentative signs that band currently over Sunderland is beginning to pivot, possibly not enough for my area - so once again anywhere west of Doncaster. :cc_confused:

Edited by rikki

Posted

Turning very slushy the snow, starting to fall lightly again as well. However it is very sleety unless the intensity picks up. Shame its been so marginal because cm or two would have been likely. Our best snow is forecast to come next week so anything before hand is more of a starter smile.gif

Oh, Really big flakes now with the temp dropping again! Looks like this could be quite prolonged...

There massive :cc_confused:

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Turning very slushy the snow, starting to fall lightly again as well. However it is very sleety unless the intensity picks up. Shame its been so marginal because cm or two would have been likely. Our best snow is forecast to come next week so anything before hand is more of a starter smile.gif

Oh, Really big flakes now with the temp dropping again! Looks like this could be quite prolonged...

There massive :cc_confused:

thats the way I see it! snow showers from tomorrow into Wednesday sounds good

just been out side and the snow didnt exactly wash away, its turned into slushy ice! ground is still frozen!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

You must be fairly sheltered and very lucky with temps like that, i'm at 3.2c here in Hull.

Just got back from a walk to the chippy, and it's bitter.

Dew point back down to -0.0 here

I don't think the band in the N sea will hit this area, once again the metoffice and other forecasts have got it wrong, always the same when it's a LP, very hard to predict its movement.

It could move in later, but around me and south won't get it .

Lewis

I am finding it increasingly frustrating myself.