Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Got a good dumping of snow today while visiting family between York and Malton. At one stage the A64 was completely covered and closed in both directions. Ended up abandoning the car a short distance from my destinations, but later returned after the road was snowploughed. There was about 4 inches on the road. Some of the heaviest snow I have seen. I would guess 4 to 5 inches fell in 1 hour.

Yes, that's my neck of the woods, and I can confirm that the snow was quite remarkable today :drunk:

Posted

Yes not too far. I was in flaxton.

Abandoning the car:

post-5508-12623882777913_thumb.jpg

Nice covering !

post-5508-12623883239813_thumb.jpg

Minor Road covered:

post-5508-12623883471013_thumb.jpg

Long exposure shot:

post-5508-12623885457613_thumb.jpg

Edited by WS Evolution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Yes, that's my neck of the woods, and I can confirm that the snow was quite remarkable today :)

:diablo: Hope west yorkshire esp bradford/leeds gets some decent snow in the next day or two !!!....im jealous yet again!!!

Posted

how far down the coast do we think those showers will go that are currently over north east/north yorks?

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Yes not too far. I was in flaxton.

Abandoning the car:

post-5508-12623882777913_thumb.jpg

Nice covering !

post-5508-12623883239813_thumb.jpg

Minor Road covered:

post-5508-12623883471013_thumb.jpg

Long exposure shot:

post-5508-12623885457613_thumb.jpg

Nice pics WS, it looks like you had a great time there. My Mrs doesn't understand why I like all this snow :)

:diablo: Hope west yorkshire esp bradford/leeds gets some decent snow in the next day or two !!!....im jealous yet again!!!

I hope so too, I feel a bit awful today :)

how far down the coast do we think those showers will go that are currently over north east/north yorks?

The latest showers haven't been that productive, so I wouldn't expect too much should they reach you

Posted

That's a tough one, they appear to have a direct hit on me, if they push directly south which they appear to be doing, but the problem is, they are not getting inland much, although the NW extra radar does show them starting to penetrate inland slightly.

Then the other question is, will it continue it's track, and keep intensity on it's shift southwards.

I'll know by 1am if your still around :diablo:

Lewis

Posted

That's a tough one, they appear to have a direct hit on me, if they push directly south which they appear to be doing, but the problem is, they are not getting inland much, although the NW extra radar does show them starting to penetrate inland slightly.

Then the other question is, will it continue it's track, and keep intensity on it's shift southwards.

I'll know by 1am if your still around tease.gif

Lewis

thanks mate, hope we get a good dumping over the next 24hrs. I was quite impressed with hulls snow this morning

Posted

Just taken this picture of my garden:

post-5487-12623901667413_thumb.jpg

:whistling:

You'll be getting fed up of it soon mate :p there's a nice light covering here ATM :D

Posted

Just taken this picture of my garden:

post-5487-12623901667413_thumb.jpg

JEBUS! you got a nice pasting from that shower thats for sure mate! :whistling:

Posted

That will never happen :p

Damn right :whistling: Hopefully the coming days will deliver lots more of the white stuff. I'll probably take a few pics in the morning, and i'll post them if i do.

Posted

JEBUS! you got a nice pasting from that shower thats for sure mate! :D

That's what I would call a dusting :whistling:

Damn right :p Hopefully the coming days will deliver lots more of the white stuff. I'll probably take a few pics in the morning, and i'll post them if i do.

Look forward to those mate

Night everyone :)

Posted

Right I'm now 95% sure that them showers will hit me, only thing to scratch my head about, is when! LOL

A few more from me:

post-5508-12623905139813_thumb.jpg

post-5508-12623909819913_thumb.jpg

post-5508-12623905577613_thumb.jpg

post-5508-12623909607613_thumb.jpg

Fantastic pictures, thanks very much for sharing them with us.

That's what I would call a dusting :whistling:

Look forward to those mate

Night everyone :p

Gnight GMG :D

Posted

diablo.gif Hope west yorkshire esp bradford/leeds gets some decent snow in the next day or two !!!....im jealous yet again!!!

Funnily enough this goes round in circles. On Feb 2nd (09) the West got 20-30cm of snow, while the east got rain which melted all there snow, then at the end of the Feb cold spell the East got 10-20cm of snow while we got flurry's of snow. Then at the start of the Dec (09) cold spell the band of PPN that moved down from the north gave West Yorkshire a sleety mixture, while east Yorkshire got 5-10cm of snow, then on the 23rd of Dec the East got rain while we got 15-20cm of snow.

So I guess it's West Yorkshire's turn to get a pasting.diablo.gif

Posted

Funnily enough this goes round in circles. On Feb 2nd (09) the West got 20-30cm of snow, while the east got rain which melted all there snow, then at the end of the Feb cold spell the East got 10-20cm of snow while we got flurry's of snow. Then at the start of the Dec (09) cold spell the band of PPN that moved down from the north gave West Yorkshire a sleety mixture, while east Yorkshire got 5-10cm of snow, then on the 23rd of Dec the East got rain while we got 15-20cm of snow.

I use to think like that, and 9 times out of 10 i was punished :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Hope so mate , i really do !

Posted

The lastest UKMO infrared clearly shows the showers off the N sea pushing south inland

Lewis

Yeah it sure does.im not sure whether to call it a night,or stick around for a while :cray:

Posted

Yeah it sure does.im not sure whether to call it a night,or stick around for a while :cray:

I'm going to give it a little while longer, generally when you have so much hit the coast and get inland it normally starts shifting in much quicker.

Sounds daft lol, but it's what i see sometimes.

Lewis