Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Cold, dry and bright here all day - clouded over a couple of times but it has remained cold all day and the light dusting we had overnight has remained largely intact. Tomorrow evening looks more promising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi Graupel, whats your thoughts on that band of snow to the east of Scotland?

Posted

Snow appears to have stopped here for now - but what an incredible result :help:

I just hope this shower finds its way to as many of you guys as poss. :shok:

Aslong as it doesn't weaken in the next few images, im in a good position mate.Checkout DN16 on the NW radar.

Posted

Snow appears to have stopped here for now - but what an incredible result :whistling:

I just hope this shower finds its way to as many of you guys as poss. :whistling:

It's starting to move more southeast as well as pivoting, maybe we could can catch it afterall, upper steering winds would suggest so.

Posted

Went out for a walk with the kids at 1425. Five minutes later it started snowing and its still snowing! Awesome snow too makes excellent snowballs and snowmen.

It was windy to start with but seems to have died down with very little loss of intensity. I really wasn't expecting that!

happy new year everyone!

want more of this even though i've got to drive to work tomorrow morning!

ant

Posted

It's starting to move more southeast as well as pivoting, maybe we could can catch it afterall, upper steering winds would suggest so.

It's looking like we could do well from this shower.should hit us soon.

Posted

Went out for a walk with the kids at 1425. Five minutes later it started snowing and its still snowing! Awesome snow too makes excellent snowballs and snowmen.

It was windy to start with but seems to have died down with very little loss of intensity. I really wasn't expecting that!

happy new year everyone!

want more of this even though i've got to drive to work tomorrow morning!

ant

Hi, antmulder, I'm not that far from you - glad you're enjoying the snow :whistling: Happy New Year to you too.

Posted

It's looking like we could do well from this shower.should hit us soon.

Dying shower though mate, still should see something from this, it's only a couple of miles away and heading in the right direction.

Posted

Good to see you guys in Doncaster and further North getting some snow. Will clear up for a good few hours in eastern parts, most probably until the earlier hours when we see some snow showers pushing south.

Widespread frost tonight,

lewis

Posted

was a nice day here today, nice sunshine and felt pleasent outside, bit of cloud for the last hour but that seems to be clearing now so a chilly night in store i think. lol

Posted

I do believe there are some tiny snowflakes in the air :whistling: .

Posted

Light Moderate :whistling: snow now which should give a dusting.

Expect maybe 2-3cm out of this one mate.

Posted

Extra radar shows the band of snow showers in the Doncaster area nicely

quite nice to see donny-the snowless capital of Yorkshire getting in on the wintry act.

the slight 'kink' in the flows at 850 and above explains some of the shower.

Its also one of those where its run down the Vale of York-Doncaster or rather Finningley in the airfield diagram for snow showed it as one of the few corridors for snow showers.

With the Lincs Wolds to the east, 070-110 and the Yorks Wolds from about 030-060 there are not that many directions, without troughing that this area will get N Sea snow showers.

classic example for anyone in the Doncaster area-save the radar piccs-sat piccs and upper air if you want to know what to look for in a seemingly innocuous set up from this morning.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Expect maybe 2-3cm out of this one mate.

Hopefully.WOW it's really hammering down now :whistling::nea:

Edited by sufc

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looking good later on for an hour or so's snow across the region with the current feature just north of Newcastle intensifying.

Posted

Looking good later on for an hour or so's snow across the region with the current feature just north of Newcastle intensifying.

Noticed that myself? Is it going to pep up or just fizzle out i wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Extra radar shows the band of snow showers in the Doncaster area nicely

quite nice to see donny-the snowless capital of Yorkshire getting in on the wintry act.

the slight 'kink' in the flows at 850 and above explains some of the shower.

Its also one of those where its run down the Vale of York-Doncaster or rather Finningley in the airfield diagram for snow showed it as one of the few corridors for snow showers.

With the Lincs Wolds to the east, 070-110 and the Yorks Wolds from about 030-060 there are not that many directions, without troughing that this area will get N Sea snow showers.

classic example for anyone in the Doncaster area-save the radar piccs-sat piccs and upper air if you want to know what to look for in a seemingly innocuous set up from this morning.

As a (very) recent Net Weather Extra subscriber, the 5 minute radar is marvellous for situations like this. This particular shower cluster is hugging the low ground almost - I wouldn't be surprised to see places like Market Rasen, Coningsby & Woodhall Spa next in the firing line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

we seem to have caught the very edge of that band, have a light snow shower currently

Posted

got any left for us down here in sth lincs. lol

Im sure you'll do well in the coming days mate. It still coming down pretty heavy :p