Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Quite persistant this snow only leaving a dusting though but more than I expected.

Posted

I think eastern areas could do quite well from this approaching band, I would say 5cm quite widely.

For western areas probably a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Now stopped snowing but if we're not careful we'll be recording the highest temp of the day soon.

Posted

Hi all,

light snow here, everyware is white so far

Chris

Now stopped snowing but if we're not careful we'll be recording the highest temp of the day soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

what direction is the snow over N Lincs/S Yorks heading - also the quite large lump over the Durham area

Pretty much North-South now - the shower cluster that gave snow earlier today over Donny/Scunny etc might catch you on its very eastern edge.

Posted

Crickey, just woken up, looked at the radar, and I don't believe what's coming our way shortly :D

Yep looks very snowy to say the least. :drinks:

Posted

Crickey, just woken up, looked at the radar, and I don't believe what's coming our way shortly shok.gif

Be careful what you wish for, on the NE thread there are reports of sleet/rain and not just by the coasts.

But considering you live in the rain shield, it will fall as snow.

Posted

Does anyone think the flow of the showers looks weird, how it curves around Scotland like a snake. http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Edited by 10123

Posted

Be careful what you wish for, on the NE thread there are reports of sleet/rain and not just by the coasts.

But considering you live in the rain shield, it will fall as snow.

Because 2 people are seeing sleet and wet snow (just looked at the thread btw) you think it will rain around GMG and South here?

I posted earlier whats happened, the warm sector is clipping some far NE parts..

The showers will be ahead of the warm sector, by the time they hit this area..

Lewis

Posted

Weird here, no precipitation showing on the radar, but in fact we have very light snow you can just feel it on your skin but not really see it in the air, nevertheless its coating everything it comes into contact with.

Posted

Just come back from Sheffield were there was a dusting of snow. Wasn't expecting much here. To my surprise there is a good covering, about 3/4 of a cm. Not bad!

Posted

Have just had the lightest snow shower ever here. Infact if it wasn't so cold I could go outside and count the flakes. We did have a surprise covering this morning though, which was nice.

Posted

I've just watched Dr Who, along with over 10 m others, Mr Tennant, we salute you !! anyway, away from Gallifrey.....and I too have just looked at the radar.....seems later tonight could be interesting for some of us, thought the Beeb weather earlier had a nice snowy look for parts of North Yorkshire , I think I now know why. Got to the bookies earlier.....so, thank you to the glittering hamlet of Church Fenton for coming up trumps on Christmas day at 8/1 ....Oh, and a belated happy new year to you all from Ebberston, which saw green fields yesterday, just for one day.......

Posted

Crickey, just woken up, looked at the radar, and I don't believe what's coming our way shortly :)

It snowed here for a few hours earlier mate, which was a bit of a surprise :):):)

Posted

Does anyone think the flow of the showers looks weird, how it curves around Scotland like a snake. http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Sleet/rain appears to be more to the East of here, so I think I'll be OK.

I'll let you know what happens :)

Posted

Because 2 people are seeing sleet and wet snow (just looked at the thread btw) you think it will rain around GMG and South here?

I posted earlier whats happened, the warm sector is clipping some far NE parts..

The showers will be ahead of the warm sector, by the time they hit this area..

Lewis

Possibly, don't really see why not.

Three people in the north east of England are reporting sleet, and temperatures are hardly conductive for snow, especially closer to the coast. The warm sector hasn't just clipped the far NE either, temps have risen significantly here in the last hour. I have reached my highest temperature today in the last 40 minutes due to the warm sector.

Posted

Three people in the north east of England are reporting sleet, and temperatures are hardly conductive for snow, especially closer to the coast. The warm sector hasn't just clipped the far NE either, temps have risen significantly here in the last hour. I have reached my highest temperature today in the last 40 minutes due to the warm sector.

Well, I'm seeing the coldest temperature of today its just hit freezing...

And as for hitting the whole of the NE coast.

Scroll down and look at this page...

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=fylingdales&searchType=WEATHER&MR=1

only one place has a + dew points, and that's far NE...

So until people in this region start reporting sleet/rain, then i'll believe it.

lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Yep, me too (-0.6C), but I'm far too far west anyway, all I've seen today is two 5 min flurries. Mind you, virtually no melt again today, so that's now over a week of pretty solid cover.

EDIT: Make that three flurries !

Edited by Pennine Ten Foot Drifts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Yep, temp here is now the lowest since early this morning at -1.1°C with a DP of -3.0°C. If the precip gets here it will surely be snow. On Raintoday though it is showing as sleet: especially over the N York Moors whilst in the Vale of York it is snow.pardon.gif Go figure....