Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 12

Ross B

Posted

Have a look at theEllon south camera. the road was clear a few mins ago........so was the north camera!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We may well get some snow later on Sunday into Monday when this occlusion moves down from the north. Usually snowfall from an occlusion is fairly light, although one of these dropped 2-3 inches of snow over parts of Scotland last winter (that was over heaviest snowfall last year here!!):

Aye, Catch...And that occlusion will be running into some very cold air...Let's hope it moves-through slowly?

Posted

Aye, Catch...And that occlusion will be running into some very cold air...Let's hope it moves-through slowly?

And doesn't do a disappearing act over Angus, Centralrofl.gif

Sorry to labour the point, but look at Huntly camera, and Laurencekirk gas joined in to

Posted

Nothing here in Aberdeen at the moment (apart from what's on the ground!). Hopefully that stuff by the Toll of Birness will head this way (and stay as snow)/

After the suggestion of blizzrds overnight waking to occasional sleet is a bit disappointing :closedeyes:

I should have posted the Fax charts at 36hrs and 48hrs side by side:

It doesn't seem to be moving too fast by these charts, although maybe later updates will show something different??

The mountains will probably take something out of the front, although not as much as they take out of troughs, and certainly shouldn't be able to do a split and miss as happened here overnight.

Heavy snow yahoo.gif and a nice fresh covering woohooo

p.s sorry :unknw: not rubbing it in just excited

Don't worry about it Snowlover2!!! Enjoy the snow as much as you can and don't apologise for being lucky :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Got a fresh covering from the main band which fell entirely as snow but the first shower behnd it fell as rain. I think they'll readily turn to snow in the next hour or so as the really cold air kicks in.

Posted

Had about 4 cms of wet snow overnight, hail shower currently on and 0c. Have lost most of the snow on the trees overnight as it dripped away but can see just aout a mile further inland away frm the sea and higher up (150m) the forests retain their snow where it must have stayed just below freezing.

Posted

Had about 4 cms of wet snow overnight, hail shower currently on and 0c. Have lost most of the snow on the trees overnight as it dripped away but can see just aout a mile further inland away frm the sea and higher up (150m) the forests retain their snow where it must have stayed just below freezing.

We had a slow steady drip all day yesterday and although froze during the night is already dripping slowly. Only a cm during the night and a very light snow coming down now.

Hi Catch, These Fax charts you posted show the fronts only making a 200 mile movement in 24 hours so fairly slow I would think.......Mountains will certainly take a further pasting.

Posted

Heavy snow here all morning! Settling at a fair rate! I can't believe it's raining in Aberdeen only 20 miles away. Temp here is 0.7C.

Posted

Looks like another band of showers is moving SW off the North sea. Hope its snow!!

Posted

Hi all, it would be nice to see some photos of your deep snow (if you have some) as here we're rather being starved and teased! :yahoo:

My back garden for your enjoyment.:(

post-2738-12624238848513_thumb.jpeg

Hi Catch, These Fax charts you posted show the fronts only making a 200 mile movement in 24 hours so fairly slow I would think.......Mountains will certainly take a further pasting.

In my experience of occlusions (that would be the one last year, nothing beyond that :yahoo:), they move slowly and drop light precip only, so probably no pasting as such. Although the slow moving nature can mean between 2-3 inches of snow. Having said this the occlusion last year swung in from the south, so I can't predict what the Highlands will do to it.

So time will tell :( :( :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

AAArgh!! still hasn't turned back to snow. Trees etc dripping- it should be snow!!

Posted

AAArgh!! still hasn't turned back to snow. Trees etc dripping- it should be snow!!

Aberdeen is nearly down to zero.......cant be far away plus quite a few showers offshore

Posted

Ok, now turned to soft hail.

Posted

Morning. Not much for Abdn during th night. Tmps at 1 point +3, now down to +1, Dwpoint asIo +1. Airport rportd rain, haiI, snow grains & now snow.

TBH, this coId hasn't producd as much snow as many thought wouId faII in Abdn, just that snow that arrivd just b4 Christmas mainIy.

ps/ sorry for my computr probs...Ioss of Ittrs making typing difficuIt!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Been snowing for a couple of hours in Livingston this morning.

Heavier earlier, just a light dusting right now..

Will try to get a photo of the top of my shed later - it has a perfect set of layers on it where the snow has fallen then frozen, then a new layer and so on..

It is currently onto the 6th layer !

The hits just keep on coming...