Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 12

Ross B

Morning. Not much for Abdn during th night. Tmps at 1 point +3, now down to +1, Dwpoint asIo +1. Airport rportd rain, haiI, snow grains & now snow.

TBH, this coId hasn't producd as much snow as many thought wouId faII in Abdn, just that snow that arrivd just b4 Christmas mainIy.

ps/ sorry for my computr probs...Ioss of Ittrs making typing difficuIt!!!

That's a bummer, living in Aberdeen and no "e" key working!! :wallbash:

Prhaps wii shouId aII com out in sympathy with you??!! :blink: :) :) :) :)

Could make for a funny day's cold chat thread :)

Some very light snow here now, very light snow is a phrase I seem to have typed quite often recently. I suppose it beats very heavy rain though??

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

well bit too warm here this morning. we had a dusting of snow and then rain!!aghhh everything dripping and some melt showing. How long till these colder temps arrive here i wonder?

Sky was very black this morning, must've been Joe who got the snow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Good morning all. Perth at +1.7C DP +1.0C with rain/sleet.

Posted

@ CatchMyDrift...I KNOW!!!! :lol: Nor I...I'm using a capitaI "i" for that !!!! :doh:

Anyway, it is now snowing in Abdn(!) at Iast...for now! I think Abdn snows most off a N Wind...most of this wind not a straight N, & marginaI conditions as a rsuIt.

And I nd to spnd mony on a nw bIoomin' computr!!! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

well bit too warm here this morning. we had a dusting of snow and then rain!!aghhh everything dripping and some melt showing. How long till these colder temps arrive here i wonder?

Sky was very black this morning, must've been Joe who got the snow!!

Don't worry, the lower dew points (though for the moment not that much lower temperatures) have arrived here, with the precipitation now wintry. Have maybe a fresh cm or two, but hopefully the showers during the day will be heavy enough to make up for the snow loss on trees and roofs. More showers will pile in to eastern areas in the next few hours, so many places are likely to see another inch or two, possibly more.

Posted

Don't worry, the lower dew points (though for the moment not that much lower temperatures) have arrived here, with the precipitation now wintry. Have maybe a fresh cm or two, but hopefully the showers during the day will be heavy enough to make up for the snow loss on trees and roofs. More showers will pile in to eastern areas in the next few hours, so many places are likely to see another inch or two, possibly more.

yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

I've just spoken to my son who lives in Sauchen and he tells me that there was heavy snow overnight and is almost snowed in!!

can confirm :cray: woke up to a lot of snow, and it was still snowing up until half an hour ago, must've got lucky with the showers

@ CatchMyDrift...I KNOW!!!! :lol: Nor I...I'm using a capitaI "i" for that !!!! :doh:

Anyway, it is now snowing in Abdn(!) at Iast...for now! I think Abdn snows most off a N Wind...most of this wind not a straight N, & marginaI conditions as a rsuIt.

And I nd to spnd mony on a nw bIoomin' computr!!! :cray:

Don't worry about the keyboard, anyone from south of Gretna will just think it's a strange northern dialect you're talking, and the rest of us in this thread will know what's up with your posts.

As for the wind direction for Aberdeen, you are probably right, anything east of North would bring the wind in off the sea which is bad news. Too far west and there are mountains in the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

we're also now having sleet with the odd flake of wet snow thrown in at times.

Gonna head into Edinburgh this am so see how it goes, thanks LS will hope for more favourable dewpoints etc later on.

Posted

snowing again big fat flakes, need to go out and measure soon

don't think we'll be equalling Inverness/Nairn any time soon but if these showers keep leaving this much you never now :)

for Richard eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - bank them for later :rolleyes:

Posted

Just started snowing here, nothing marginal about it! -3.5c with dewpoint -4c, a once in a liftetime moment for Kilmarnock? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heavy shower ofsnow pellets here at the mo. Temp 2C.

Hi Mondy. You about just now? What's appening in Falkirk?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Going to be much colder overnight tonight by the looks of this...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Shower bands are beginning to organise and push in from the ENE - most of these will fall as snow, I reckon. The window for convective showers in east central lasts through to about 8pm, which gives us about 7 hours of fairly heavy and frequent snow showers.

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Cheers LS knew we had the cold set up, not switched into this enough yet to get a good handle on streamers,troughs, shortwave and figure out the ppn.

Shower bands are beginning to organise and push in from the ENE - most of these will fall as snow, I reckon. The window for convective showers in east central lasts through to about 8pm, which gives us about 7 hours of fairly heavy and frequent snow showers.

LS

I am watching a huge shower come my way and hoping the wind is more E than ENE, although I think I'm going to just miss it. Having said that is has just started snowing now, so fingers crossed. Radar is great, but sometimes the showers seem to jog one way or another and either hit you square on or just dodge past.

LS

It's only 10.40am here LS?!! Surely that's 9hrs 20 mins to 8pm? Or is Inverclyde in a different time zone, as well we being 20 years behind the rest of Scotland?? :)

Posted

That small shower we just had, had some pretty big flakes! Covering most of the areas that have melted recently. Hoping for more!

Posted

LS

Just had our first. It was a cracker but did not last, looks like more to come though. Quite wet for now.

There is another warning out for Wednesday aswell. I saw some talk last night about wind direction being favourable for us last night. Any thoughts today about this?