Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

This is turning into a pretty good spell, it's still snowing nicely with decent sized flakes. I thought those showers looked good on the radar

How well have you done so far today mate?

Posted

Paul Hudson just said, a lot more significant snowfall to come tonight, especially for East Yorkshire :cold:

I felt like kissing the screen when I saw tonight's forecast mate. :o

Posted

Paul Hudson just said, a lot more significant snowfall to come tonight, especially for East Yorkshire :cold:

bugger all here this evening, lost count the number of reports from a few miles to my ne, and nothing once it crosses the humber? mind you i think its a bit too marginal. might be better to stay away

Posted

I felt like kissing the screen when I saw tonight's forecast mate. :cold:

Looks fantastic don't it mate, from what i gathered at around 11pm to midnight, the showers start coming from the North. Not good if you live in the western parts of Yorkshire. but bloody well good for us mate.

Did you get the same feeling?

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Raining hard now. Wheres the cold???

It has been saying on the forecast rain on the coast. The sea temps are still quite high at the moment, you will probably have better luckk later in the winter. Still in the short term colder temperatures are on there way so just be patient.

Posted

How well have you done so far today mate?

It's snowed on and off all day mate, but it seemed to be melting inbetween the showers. It looks as though tonight, and the next few days, will make up for today's disappointment. having said that, I still had several inches of lying snow from the previous spell.

Posted

After 14 hours the snow has pretty much stopped (just the odd grain now) Overall i have just about 14cm. Hopefully a few showers to make it safe 14cm. The latest forecast has the main focus on East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire etc.. however did show a few showers getting inland biggrin.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Looks fantastic don't it mate, from what i gathered at around 11pm to midnight, the showers start coming from the North. Not good if you live in the western parts of Yorkshire. but bloody well good for us mate.

Did you get the same feeling?

Lewis

Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised by those graphics, which showed excellent snow potential for most of the week. It's snowing heavily at the moment here, and that's an added bonus. This winter has been an absolute cracker, so far, mate

Posted

Gainsborough, Lincs reporting in.

I've got 3 inches of snow on the ground right now and a temperature of 0.0 degC.

Not snowing right now but showers appear to be heading this way!

Posted

Showers now reaching here. New covering on cleared roads now. Moderate to heavy and large flakes at the moment.

Posted

Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised by those graphics, which showed excellent snow potential for most of the week. It's snowing heavily at the moment here, and that's an added bonus. This winter has been an absolute cracker, so far, mate

What did it look like for a Sheffield point of view? I missed the forecast :-(

Posted

Some pics from today, the snow started here at around 6am, the pics were taken at 9:30am and the snow stopped falling at 3:30PM. The pics were take at 130m ASL, we have around 8 inches of snow in the garden which hopefully will be topped up quite alotwhistling.gif . post-8968-12627318751052_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627318919152_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319028052_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319134452_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319260752_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319392352_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319531352_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319684052_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627319849552_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12627320001852_thumb.jpg

Posted

Some showers expected to reach Sheffield however the main focus further East. I think there may be an extra CM or two by morning if we come lucky :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Well Paul hudson said eariler that some snow showers would get to the west, and that the graphics wernt showing that much but there would be more. Just remember that one shower that sneaks inland can dump alot, so you may be lucky yet. Stay optimistic :rolleyes:

Posted

Gainsborough, Lincs reporting in.

I've got 3 inches of snow on the ground right now and a temperature of 0.0 degC.

Not snowing right now but showers appear to be heading this way!

Yep pretty much the same here mate and hopefully a top up during the night :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Well, I can say the 80's are back here...this is an article from 27/01/84:

n734994082_1558883_5870.jpg

This current cold spell has brought back all the great memories of experiencing the winters of the 80's as a kid!!!:lol:

My webcam shows the depth of the snow here very well!!!!!

Edited by Stelmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Evening all !

TYERSAL area of pudsey had a good fall of snow from 6am-ish till just after 4pm

Got the tape measure out earlier on the drive [ got just over 10cm of fresh snow :lol:]

Eldest kids schools were closed today [priesthorpe in farsley,and not opening till 10am tomorrow]

My little girl was gutted that her school was open [pudsey-tyersal] this morning , but then we got the call before midday it was closing !

So the kids .me and our bulldog went snow ramping down tyersal /black carr woods but never took no pictures :lol:

IT snowing again!!!!!

Hopefully thursday I might have some pics of a jolly good snow ramp!!

Edited by stevied

Posted

Really heavy now. If this continues, I'm going to have problems getting down our track tomorrow. That's just what I was hoping for :lol:

This winter has been AMAZING so far mate :lol: :lol: :D

Posted

Some showers expected to reach Sheffield however the main focus further East. I think there may be an extra CM or two by morning if we come lucky smile.gif

Well Paul hudson said eariler that some snow showers would get to the west, and that the graphics wernt showing that much but there would be more. Just remember that one shower that sneaks inland can dump alot, so you may be lucky yet. Stay optimistic smile.gif

Good luck all for tonight! You gets to the east look like you're getting ready for some really beefy showers atm!

Posted

Suprisingly its just started snowing again here, albeit light :)

looks like a more organised batch of showers heading into north/east yorkshire may just push over here! could do with a top up on my 4/5 inches biggrin.gif

looks like a more organised batch of showers heading into north/east yorkshire may just push over here! could do with a top up on my 4/5 inches biggrin.gif

Posted

18z upgrades precipitation tomorrow, a fair few showers pushing in, favors the East and NE, with the showers not penetrating as far inland, but N Yorkshire right down to Lincs looks very good.

Agree with SUFC, amazing winter so far.

Lewis