Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Temperatures are generally above freezing at the moment as 850hPa temperatures are rather close to marginal - currently around -6C to -7C. This, along with the onshore breeze around that low pressure out in the North Sea means temperatures are unlikely to get much below freezing (in most cases staying slightly above) for the time being. However by tomorrow morning we pick up a more potent flow from the east with the -10C isotherm touching the east coast around 10am.

Posted

BBC news saying an emergency warning for the South of England...

We up North are a tough lot. :cold:

Posted

We up North are a tough lot. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

We up North are a tough lot. :shok:

It made me laugh in devon earlier when the councils had declared an emergency or something, and it had only just started snowing by the looks of it. On another note it was nice to see people smiling everwhere i went today, even though people couldnt get arount. Snow brings out everyones inner child. :D

Posted

It made me laugh in devon earlier when the councils had declared an emergency or something, and it had only just started snowing by the looks of it. On another note it was nice to see people smiling everwhere i went today, even though people couldnt get arount. Snow brings out everyones inner child. :shok:

But you always get one miserable laminate floor, a next door neighbor LMFAO

lewis

Posted

It made me laugh in devon earlier when the councils had declared an emergency or something, and it had only just started snowing by the looks of it. On another note it was nice to see people smiling everwhere i went today, even though people couldnt get arount. Snow brings out everyones inner child. :(

I agree and everythings really quiet, not as much traffic. Nothing here for a while now, don't know whether we'll get anymore tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Evening.

What an interesting day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I'm rather optimistic tonight. A little more snow to cover up the slushy sutff would be nice. But lets not get too greedy, its the most we have seen in years and we all still want more. We still wouldnt be happy if that film ,the day after tommorow happend.

Posted

Pics from Dore in south west Sheffield.

These pics were taken 2 hours ago. Another cm has fallen since and covered most footprints.

A good 6" here.

post-1042-12627292377952_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12627292963252_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12627293341452_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12627293639552_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12627294190152_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12627296690452_thumb.jpg

Edited by stumathers

Posted

Gutted! Just had a heavy hail shower, Nipped out again to check the depth and it's piggin raining! drainpipes gushing, mega thaw.

I give up and am off to bed to sulk :wallbash:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better?

Posted

I'm rather optimistic tonight. A little more snow to cover up the slushy sutff would be nice. But lets not get too greedy, its the most we have seen in years and we all still want more. We still wouldnt be happy if that film ,the day after tommorow happend.

Lol, I know. After gowing up in the 80's I seem to remember being knee deep in snow, don't know how true that is though, and of course I was smaller;0)

Posted

Is it heavy? Had nothing here for a while.

Not heavy but proper flakes not that fine stuff. Hope kids schools put on websites if they shutting tomoro because they sent kids home then put it on... :huh:

Posted

Gutted! Just had a heavy hail shower, Nipped out again to check the depth and it's piggin raining! drainpipes gushing, mega thaw.

I give up and am off to bed to sulk <_<

Hopefully tomorrow will be better?

Know what you mean mate, sleety graupel here in Brid, water dripping off everything and slush everywhere!

Hopefully better through the night. :unsure:

Posted

This is turning into a pretty good spell, it's still snowing nicely with decent sized flakes. I thought those showers looked good on the radar

Posted

Not heavy but proper flakes not that fine stuff. Hope kids schools put on websites if they shutting tomoro because they sent kids home then put it on... :yahoo:

Yes, they just sent kids home today without phoning its a good job I was in! I know one of my kids schools are closed tomorrow but apparently the other one will inform on the website after 7am. The good thing is, i get to work from home:0)