Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

NO, I think it will hit Lincolnshire and South Lincolnshire but that it was also hit East Yorkshire.

Every forecast I have heard today has said that it would hit East Anglia as far north as Lincolnshire and as far south as the South East.

Cheers

gobby

thanks mate, after hearing all the good things happening north of here and talking to my family in sussex ,was getting just a bit jelous. lol

Posted

I haven't seen any of the forecasts recently.Is it looking really good for us in a few days then mate?

mate ill show you last years easterly radar image! youl see why im getting excited

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

It seems we've been in the firing line for a lot of the showers, we had a good hour of light snow earlier and another shower heading straight for us.

The roads are now white again (and this is a main road in and out of penistone where I live) . The council just don't seem to be bothered :unknw: I spoke to a driver earlier, apparently we have quite a bit of grit left too.

Anyway, temp is holding at -3.2ºc and DP at -4.9ºc

Posted

It seems we've been in the firing line for a lot of the showers, we had a good hour of light snow earlier and another shower heading straight for us.

The roads are now white again (and this is a main road in and out of penistone where I live) . The council just don't seem to be bothered :yahoo: I spoke to a driver earlier, apparently we have quite a bit of grit left too.

Anyway, temp is holding at -3.2ºc and DP at -4.9ºc

Mmmmmm did you know Barnsley have gave some grit to Sheffield because they running low!!

The council gritted the local graveyard this am and no road gritting in Royston for 2 days. :unknw:

Posted

Mmmmmm did you know Barnsley have gave some grit to Sheffield because they running low!!

The council gritted the local graveyard this am and no road gritting in Royston for 2 days. :(

Had another decent shower in the last hour

Got home at 6 at it has been on and off since then more on...

up to another 4-5 cms

I am just south east of Leeds and seem to be getting a good run...................

Posted

Seem to be missing all the showers in Halifax, just running slightly (very) to the east of us, need a gentle change in wind direction i think.

Posted

i know, i shouldn't complain, i'm a teacher and tomorrow will be my 3rd snow day, that's a record for me! I just want to see more falling from the sky. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

The council gritted the local graveyard this am and no road gritting in Royston for 2 days. :drinks:

Didn't know that, but it shows Sheffield are actually spreading the stuff - unlike Barnsley! Sometimes think we'd be better off under Sheffield council...

I went around the Flouch roundabout this evening, after visiting Stocksbridge. The Woodhead Pass is still completely blocked, and there's no sign that they are trying to sort it :blink:

Edited by Gumbo Briggs

Posted

Light snow shower here Pudsey.

Have got great views over to and past city centre towards east Leeds anditlooksas though they have ben getting pasted the last hr or two.

Anybody out there Roundhay / Sherburn way to report ???

Posted

i can't believe how little grit they've put down in Halifax, only the mainest of main roads are clear, the rest are lethal! it suits me fine though as it means more days off work!!!

Posted

Have got great views over to and past city centre towards east Leeds anditlooksas though they have ben getting pasted the last hr or two.

Yes I am in east Leeds in methley and we got pasted. Got nearly 2 inch in just over an hour :drinks:

Posted

I'm here in Chapel Allerton, it's snowing nicely, moderate density with good size flakes, find it difficult to describe but looking good! :D

Posted

With the permission of the two mods in this area if I may I'll repeat this until it seems I have most reports in?

thanks

John

Sure John..

Mine was 5 1/4 Inches.

Posted

Looks game over for tonight looking at the latest radar. Which is quite frustrating as Dhuram/northumberland are getting battered! dry.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Looks game over for tonight looking at the latest radar. Which is quite frustrating as Dhuram/northumberland are getting battered! dry.gif

Cant be too greedy now, think about these people that have nothing or only 6cm :D

Lewis