Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Its down to -3.4 here already. I'm imagining the roads are going to be terrible, especially on the main roads where there was just slush before :(

Posted

For you again :(

Not me lol

Enjoy mate, best of luck.

Thanks mate, I'm going to make the most of tonight because tomorrow looks like being largely dry for me. I'd have thought you'd be well placed for tomorrow

Posted

Its down to -3.4 here already. I'm imagining the roads are going to be terrible, especially on the main roads where there was just slush before :(

thats why im not going out tonight lol

Posted

Thanks mate, I'm going to make the most of tonight because tomorrow looks like being largely dry for me. I'd have thought you'd be well placed for tomorrow

Im stuck in that gap again :girl_devil: Thankfully ive got a good covering, otherwise it would be much more frustrating.

Posted

thats why im not going out tonight lol

I don't know what'd be worse, the snow or the ice? :girl_devil:

Edited by Deelightuk

Posted

Im stuck in that gap again :girl_devil: Thankfully ive got a good covering, otherwise it would be much more frustrating.

its our turn by friday with that easterly!

Posted

ha tell me about it we missed out on all but a few showers and have about 5mm on the ground. hopefully we'll get some decents falls over the next few days.

Posted

well it cetainly is feeling like us in sth lincs have really missed out again today, we still live in hope for some big changes in the forecast and we see some snow soon.

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm961.gif

Shouldnt be long until yorkshire is added to the list of warnings for sunday :girl_devil:

And I think its that snow band currently affecting county dhuram/ northumberland that should move into north/west yorkshire later.. Perhaps arriving in west yorkhire for around 9/10pm

Posted

http://www.wetterzen...ics/Rukm961.gif

Shouldnt be long until yorkshire is added to the list of warnings for sunday smile.gif

And I think its that snow band currently affecting county dhuram/ northumberland that should move into north/west yorkshire later.. Perhaps arriving in west yorkhire for around 9/10pm

Yeah I think that is what Paul Hudson was talking about, he said the graphics were downplaying the showers, which is becoming a trend for the BBC to show little if any showers when there are plenty.

Posted

well theres a few showers heading my way which was a suprise! been just missing here all day, on my photos i posted on last page you can see the snow shower intensity!

Posted

Last little flurry clearing. Should be clear skies for a good few hours, or much of the night. Currently -3.4c. Should drop again when this flurry clears :lol:

Posted

Last little flurry clearing. Should be clear skies for a good few hours, or much of the night. Currently -3.4c. Should drop again when this flurry clears :lol:

its -5c here mate!

Posted

its -5c here mate!

Hopefully when the cloud clears from these fizzled out showers we should be down there! Roads are getting bad now with Ice, they never grit them. M1 only

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

temps going up here was -0.4c at 5:30pm now 0.5c at 18:27pm here in cleethorpes, dew point at -6.0c, and its a clear night cc_confused.gifcc_confused.gifunknw.gif (no snow thaw thank god) drinks.gif

Edited by clee_snow

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Down to -3.7C with some light snow showers on the way apart fromt hat nothing in the near future to really bother us bar the cold nights.

Posted

evening alltwo inches over night last night, with several snow showers of various strength through today. Still looking good for the low pressure system to hit us sometime Friday from the continent.Current conditions:

-2°C

Realfeel®-9°C

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 86%

Dew Point: -4° C

Pressure: 1010 mb

Visibility: 16 km

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Paul Hudson just said, more showers tonight.

Then tomorrow, concerned about the heavy snow and mainly concerned about the uncertainty, as its too hard for them to predict. Possible disruption, for East Yorkshire and Eastern and NE parts of lincs.

Also said this weekend potential for further heavy snow and drifting :shok:

GET IN W00T

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Then tomorrow, concerned about the heavy snow and mainly concerned about the uncertainty, as its too hard for them to predict. Possible disruption, for East Yorkshire and Eastern and NE parts of lincs.

Also said this weekend potential for further heavy snow and drifting biggrin.gif

GET IN W00T

mate paul hudson hant been on yet luvair_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Getting cold now: -3.1°C with a DP of -6.1°C. Looks like no more snow showers for a good while now.

Let's see what happens later tonight.

Posted

Also said this weekend potential for further heavy snow and drifting :D

GET IN W00T

No doubt i'll be to far west tomorrow then :wallbash: Hopefully the weekend will deliver if tomorrow doesn't :wallbash: