Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi Lewis, is there more heavy snow on the way to our part of the world later on in the night. The bbc forecasts have shows something interesting. Also whats this I here about Friday and saturday for the east? Cheers mate.

Hey,

Currently snowing here moderately now.

I would say tonight showers will become more widespread, and this time they will affect more Eastern parts of the region, some may flirt with the coast but they will definitely be some pushing at least 20-30 miles inland.

As ever tomorrow looks good, along with Friday and Saturday. More heavy snow showers piling in on a strong to gale force Easterly wind Saturday/Sunday, it will be bleak!

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Light snow showers in Queensbury but over the tops the wind is really strengthening and causing drifting of the snow already on the ground. It is feeling bitter up there aswell with the wind-chill!

Posted

YAY our road has been SNOW PLOUGHED haha! any how, just had a few light/moderate snow showers! is there any more for later?

Posted

Heavy showers from the east dieing away for now, forecast to pick up again tonight.

Posted

Hey,

I would say tonight showers will become more widespread, and this time they will affect more Eastern parts of the region, some may flirt with the coast but they will definitely be some pushing at least 20-30 miles inland.

As ever tomorrow looks good, along with Friday and Saturday. More heavy snow showers piling in on a strong to gale force Easterly wind Saturday/Sunday, it will be bleak!

Lewis

MATE if thats true then you have made my day :drinks::D

Posted

A very cold outlook with John Hammond on Beeb at dinner, not much snow about on the graphics though - but some nut crushing cold - in the offing ! drinks.gif

How cold did he say it is going to be?

Posted

Off topic, but my business partner in Farnham, S England is snowed in! Heres a picture he just emailed me (Sorry about lack of quality, its off his phone)

thomas.jpg

Over 12 inches level, with 1-2 foot drifts.

Lewis

Posted

There's a big shower heading straight for me FINALLY ;)

Here it comes. BLIZZARD

Edited by sufc

Posted

There's a big shower heading straight for me FINALLY :good:

Here it comes. BLIZZARD

Nice one mate :lol: We've had bright sunshine for the past hour;

However, there are more showers forecast for later.

Posted

Hey,

Lewis

I wonder if those big showers in the north sea will effect us in the next few hours :good:

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Off topic, but my business partner in Farnham, S England is snowed in! Heres a picture he just emailed me (Sorry about lack of quality, its off his phone)

Over 12 inches level, with 1-2 foot drifts.

Lewis

You sure he didn't just nick a picture from Canada via google :good:

Really impressive snow fall for the UK, especially given their height, etc.

Posted

You sure he didn't just nick a picture from Canada via google :cold:

Really impressive snow fall for the UK, especially given their height, etc.

HaHa,

That's what i thought at first! It's scenes you see in movies. Or if you live in the U.S you see it every day of winter lol.

LD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Do we think the Gulf Stream has shut down? :cold:

Sorry completely off topic! Back on topic - as the wind turns E'ly later in the week, is this likely to favour areas such as West Yorkshire to get the snow showers or is a NE'ly better for here?

Edited by Supacell

Posted

I wonder if those big showers in the north sea will effect us in the next few hours :nonono:

Possibly but they keep loosing intensity at the moment, they will pick up later buddy.

Lewis

Current temp here and dew has dropped considerably :cold:

-1.8C dew and 0.3c temp

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Well we got about 2cm of snow here in cleethorpes. drinks.gif Hope the showers tonight pick up for us in E Yorkshire and Lincolnshirewhistling.gif

temps at 14:02 pm 1.5c and droping ( had a high of 3.8c) cc_confused.gif , dew point at -2.6c.

Edited by clee_snow

Posted

Possibly but they keep loosing intensity at the moment, they will pick up later buddy.

Lewis

Current temp here and dew has dropped considerably :oops:

-1.8C dew and 0.3c temp

Yep the temp has dropped here with no thaw now :cold: Fingers crossed for those showers, as they are heading straight for us.

Posted

Yep the temp has dropped here with no thaw now :drinks: Fingers crossed for those showers, as they are heading straight for us.

Yep

Seems as if they are increasing with intensity now mate. Fingers crossed they continue to do so, would be nice and tasty as temp and dew is perfect, and it would readily add to my current snow.