Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Will do mate,

Dew has dropped too 0.9c so it's dropping a lot, maybe its just your North of me, and so is Beverley, so the dews and colder air is filtering :)

Lewis

GFS 06z a slight upgrade for precipitation tomorrow, has the LP a little further N and E, kind of game on if you live about 30 miles from the coast.

Lewis

Nope I'm just off Salthouse Road - I think one of them stations on wunderground is Reef's he maybe able to tell you better :)

Posted

Im just concerned about the temp and slow thaw mate.

It's thawing a little here too, it's bound to happen. Don't worry about it mate.

More snow showers tonight push South as they stop penetrating inland to West Yorkshire/Leeds are. So it's our turn tonight. The flow is very unstable, very cold uppers strong flow. They are bound to rattle in this evening and tonight.

Tomorrow is looking like an upgrade now, and Friday looks very good too for some heavier snowfall.

Saturday is the day i'm watching with close attention, -10 to -13/-14 850's on a very strong direct Easterly wind. I expect some whiteout coniditons for eastern coastal areas with the showers blowing right inland. I expect the showers on Saturday to have a more WSW movement, so once they penetrate inland, Sheffield area looks good again.

Staying fairly dry the further North you are in Central Yorkshire, West Yorkshire etc.

Sat night/Sunday looking good too..

So all in all mate our area has a lot more to come.

Lewis

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing now for 30 minutes, and sort of heavy. These bands that are coming down from the North seem like they could dump a fair bit of snow today. Given I was expecting today to be largely snow free this is a bit of a surprise - and a bad one as I need to get out today :wallbash:

Edited by cowdog

Posted

Having some very nice snow showers here, which are beginning to become more frequent :D

Your getting very luckly recently mate :( Im stuck in the gap for the 3rd time in the last few weeks :(

Posted

Your getting very luckly recently mate whistling.gif Im stuck in the gap for the 3rd time in the last few weeks nonono.gif

Its annoying isn't it :D The showers will hopfully move south during the day :( Just keep an eye on the radar!

Posted

Just had an ultra light snow shower here a minute ago so there is some hope :lol:

Posted

Its annoying isn't it :lol: The showers will hopfully move south during the day :D Just keep an eye on the radar!

Watching the radar is too stressful mate when everything is missing by a few miles :drunk: Having said that im very happy with what ive got here, which is around 3 inches :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Snowing heavy here in Calderdale again!

I didn't think they'd penetrate this far inland but obviously they are.

That being the case there looks like more to comedirol.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

Your getting very luckly recently mate :D Im stuck in the gap for the 3rd time in the last few weeks ;)

I certainly am mate, we're having another beefy shower atm. The radar is looking excellent for here. I think you'll get a good pasting during the next few days. ;)

Posted

First light snow of the day in Halifax! Very happy!! I hope more will make it this way today and over next couple of days.

Posted

Have been into Driffield. Cleared the snow from the drive, again, then a very heavy shower as soon as I cleared it, but left anyway. A mile out of the village on top the Wolds the wind suddenly got up and it was almost a total whiteout and within almost seconds began drifting across the road, quite horrific. Didn't last long though and drove back in sunshine. Temp dropped to -0.1 but up to 1.3 as soon as the sun came out. Anothe heavy shower now.

Posted

hey everyone.i was just wondering how accurate the WILL IT SNOW? is in the winter area as it has my postcode down as 100% chance today

Posted

just talking to my sister in sussex and they are still getting pasted. im gutted ,north and south of me have had loads and the little ammount i have will be gone by the end of today as the thaw is setting in. is there anyone out there that can cheer me up with some positive news about snow here over the next cpl of days. lol

Posted

hey everyone.i was just wondering how accurate the WILL IT SNOW? is in the winter area as it has my postcode down as 100% chance today

It just collects the conditions needed which are very accurate, but one thing i dont use it/trust it, is because it only goes by the GFS precipitation charts, but as a tool, it comes in handy for a rough guide.

lewis

Posted

It just collects the conditions needed which are very accurate, but one thing i dont use it/trust it, is because it only goes by the GFS precipitation charts, but as a tool, it comes in handy for a rough guide.

lewis

Hi mate. do those showers seem to be moving slowly south towards us, or is it wishful thinking :yahoo:

Posted

It's thawing a little here too, it's bound to happen. Don't worry about it mate.

More snow showers tonight push South as they stop penetrating inland to West Yorkshire/Leeds are. So it's our turn tonight. The flow is very unstable, very cold uppers strong flow. They are bound to rattle in this evening and tonight.

Tomorrow is looking like an upgrade now, and Friday looks very good too for some heavier snowfall.

Saturday is the day i'm watching with close attention, -10 to -13/-14 850's on a very strong direct Easterly wind. I expect some whiteout coniditons for eastern coastal areas with the showers blowing right inland. I expect the showers on Saturday to have a more WSW movement, so once they penetrate inland, Sheffield area looks good again.

Staying fairly dry the further North you are in Central Yorkshire, West Yorkshire etc.

Sat night/Sunday looking good too..

So all in all mate our area has a lot more to come.

Lewis

i like the sound of your forecast mate :yahoo: if the showers were pepping up just a lil further south now then this area would be getting showers including hull and lincolnshire! I can see the shower clouds coming over here all morning so just shows you that they dont actualy miss you, just not intense enough if all that makes sense :lol:

Posted

:lol: I've just heard on the radio that the Harrogate Naturists Society meeting has been cancelled

Opening the back door gives me a chill right through, so can you imagine the wind chill for them guys??

They would need de-frosting.

ROFL

Posted

Showers now moving South/SW, Humber area HERE THEY COME :lol:

yep they are getting closer and can see them in the distance :lol:

Posted

Have been into Driffield. Cleared the snow from the drive, again, then a very heavy shower as soon as I cleared it, but left anyway. A mile out of the village on top the Wolds the wind suddenly got up and it was almost a total whiteout and within almost seconds began drifting across the road, quite horrific. Didn't last long though and drove back in sunshine. Temp dropped to -0.1 but up to 1.3 as soon as the sun came out. Anothe heavy shower now.

Leaving for Stamford Bridge in a sec then up to Kilham (work not play), should be fun in the Navara. Feels milder out but it certainly isn't wet snow. Snowing again I'm off!