Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Interesting, tonights snow is mainly going to be north yorkshire into west Yorkshire. Think the clump of showers should push in around 7-9pm.

Hi mate,

Where did you hear that?

Posted

the drops in dry bulb being reported are almost certainly linked to the 850mb cold pool swinging in over the area, most are now under a -8 and some might get under a -10C.

It does have an effect lower down.

Posted

Just measured the snow on the grass in the back garden and there is 25cm of snow and up to 30cm where the snow drifted slightly. In the coming days I'm expecting all of Yorkshire to see more snow, we saw 4-5cm of fresh snow last night which was really good.

Winds have strengthened over the last 10 minutes causing the snow to blow of trees and telephone lines.

Posted

Saw it on either look north or itv regional weather. He said north yorkshire - westwards into west yorkshire should be the focus.

Yea couple of problems with this Look North(Leeds) is different to Look North (Hull & Lincs) - the next one is Calendar weather is total tosh and nothing east of the M1 corridor exists - waste bin please ! - next -still snowing horizontally here ;)

Posted

Yea couple of problems with this Look North(Leeds) is different to Look North (Hull & Lincs) - the next one is Calendar weather is total tosh and nothing east of the M1 corridor exists - waste bin please ! - next -still snowing horizontally here drinks.gif

It was look North (Leeds), Paul Hudson said the main area of risk is West/North Yorkshire later tonights.

Posted

Yea couple of problems with this Look North(Leeds) is different to Look North (Hull & Lincs) - the next one is Calendar weather is total tosh and nothing east of the M1 corridor exists - waste bin please ! - next -still snowing horizontally here drinks.gif

Ye, I think a lot just comes down to nowcasting and radar watching.

After tonight though the focus should shift to east yorkshire (especially hull wink.gif ) and linconshire.

Im praying that the next gfs jumps in line with ukmo/ecm and shifts the easterly another 50/150 miles further north ;)

Posted

just repeating for those getting back home

morning folks

Yet another favour from me PLEASE?

would you mind giving me, again I know, your snow depths from yesterday only IF you can differentiate from any previous fall.

I'd be grateful for any pm's along with your post code as well.

Many thanks if you can do that-and PLEASE try not to exaggerate, as with a detailed report

a) it will be obvious and

your report might well not appear when I EVENTUALLY get round to writing up this snowfall.

very many thanks.

With the permission of the two mods in this area if I may I'll repeat this until it seems I have most reports in?

cheers

John

Posted

Measured 7cms on table in garden this included any previous fallen snow.

HU17 8YA

Posted

Looking at the news it is hammering it down with snow in london, with us in Grantham being lucky enough to have received 3 inches of fresh snow, this morning from the quite narrow but very heavy band of snow that moved south earlier. We now have about 4 inches of lying snow, which I am very happy with, but I always want more... please can I have some more...

Posted

The band of showers over Hull looks to be moving westwards quite quickly. Will they last until West Yorkshire? If so, it looks like there could be a few heavy falls in the next hour or two!

Posted

The band of showers over Hull looks to be moving westwards quite quickly. Will they last until West Yorkshire? If so, it looks like there could be a few heavy falls in the next hour or two!

Dont worry about these showers, there nothing. A little later we should hopefully see a big batch of potent showers push into north yorkshire/North east england, with a good few pushing into west yorkshire.. well thats if it goes to plan lol smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

With the permission of the two mods in this area if I may I'll repeat this until it seems I have most reports in?

cheers

John

Most definitely John, please feel free :clap:

Posted

Dont worry about these showers, there nothing. A little later we should hopefully see a big batch of potent showers push into north yorkshire/North east england, with a good few pushing into west yorkshire.. well thats if it goes to plan lol smile.gif

I hope you are right. Snow is a bugger to drive in and I am a bit fed up of having to constantly dig out the car to drive for 2 hours to travel 10 miles, but I can't get enough of the stuff!

Posted

just repeating for those getting back home

morning folks

Yet another favour from me PLEASE?

would you mind giving me, again I know, your snow depths from yesterday only IF you can differentiate from any previous fall.

I'd be grateful for any pm's along with your post code as well.

Many thanks if you can do that-and PLEASE try not to exaggerate, as with a detailed report

a) it will be obvious and

your report might well not appear when I EVENTUALLY get round to writing up this snowfall.

very many thanks.

cheers

John

John,

Pudsey LS28

2cm snow Monday night.

16cm snow Tuesday night.

23cm snow Wednesday 7am

measurements taken from level snow on patio.

Grass 26cm at present.

Posted

I hope you are right. Snow is a bugger to drive in and I am a bit fed up of having to constantly dig out the car to drive for 2 hours to travel 10 miles, but I can't get enough of the stuff!

Hehe same here mate. After this mornings very heavy shower it just made me want even more laugh.gif