Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Paul on now with a load of low intelligent people for company in the back ground. Perhaps a few will get run over while jumping infront of the camera.

Anyway he says it could get interesting over the weekend withs trong winds and drifting.

Posted

mate paul hudson hant been on yet luvair_kiss.gif

He had been on when the original post was posted. He does the weather on look north for Hull and Lincs at 6.40 then does it on Look North for Yorkshire at 6.50.

Posted

Paul on now with a load of low intelligent people for company in the back ground. Perhaps a few will get run over while jumping infront of the camera.

Anyway he says it could get interesting over the weekend withs trong winds and drifting.

they was just kids laugh.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Evening all

Just checked the met office for Hull weather,not going to snow much here tomorrowcold.gif

DateTimeWeatherTempWindVisibilityDirSpeedGustWed

Jan2100w0.gif-1 °C NNE14 mph ExcellentThu

Jan0000w2.gif-1 °C N13 mph Excellent0300w2.gif-1 °CN14 mph Very Good0600w7.gif0 °CN23 mph Very Poor0900w17.gif0 °CNNW18 mph Very Good1200w1.gif2 °CNNW21 mph Very Good1500w1.gif2 °CN20 mph Very Good1800w2.gif2 °CN16 mph GoodNightw22.gif0 °CNE14 mph Very GoodFri

JanDayw23.gif2 °C NE16 mph Very GoodNightw24.gif1 °CNE20 mph GoodSat

JanDayw23.gif3 °C NE25 mph Very GoodNightw22.gif3 °CENE28 mph Very GoodSun

JanDayw3.gif3 °C ENE25 mph42 mphVery GoodNightw24.gif2 °CE23 mph42 mphVery GoodLast updated: 1801 on Wed 6 Jan 2010

Posted

big shower just on my door step hehehe! should accumulate like hell with it being -4c here under the shower cloud

Posted

Evening all

Just checked the met office for Hull weather,not going to snow much here tomorrowcold.gif

Jan0000w2.gif-1 °C N13 mph Excellent0300w2.gif-1 °CN14 mph Very Good0600w7.gif0 °CN23 mph Very Poor0900w17.gif0 °CNNW18 mph Very Good1200w1.gif2 °CNNW21 mph Very Good1500w1.gif2 °CN20 mph Very Good1800w2.gif2 °CN16 mph GoodNightw22.gif0 °CNE14 mph Very GoodFri

JanDayw3.gif3 °C ENE25 mph42 mphVery GoodNightw24.gif2 °CE23 mph42 mphVery GoodLast updated: 1801 on Wed 6 Jan 2010

crazy.gif Oops that didnt paste well.

Posted

Terrible getting home from Leeds tonight, car showed minus 2 to minus 4 in different parts and the main roads were freezing over

Motorway quiet

Off at Normanton at about 6pm and it started snowing and still is as I type.

All main roads completely covered and side roads are terrible

I am a sales Rep and have never drove in conditions like this for 17 years and tomorrow will be another day of oh so slow driving until you get to the motorway.........

I would say with this snow and other showers today we will be pushing five and a half inch...........

Ian

Now 7.15pm still snowing and quite heavy............

Now 8.00pm stopped snowing about 10 minutes ago..........2-3cms of the fresh stuff

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

Temperature rising here. Now -2.8C. Hopefully its to do with moisture feeding in from the north sea :lol:

same here mate its -3.4 now but snowshower cloud to my NE

Posted

Evening all

Hi tinkerbell,

Like i tell everyone, the met office 5 day and BBC 5 days are as worthless as a rusty bucket :)

Keep checking the radar, and listening to others reports :lol:

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Hi

Any idea if Hull will getting more snow soon ? ive had it with the met office and bbc because they never give you a straight answer and change the forecast every five minutes. Is forecasting snow difficult ?

Hi tinkerbell,

Like i tell everyone, the met office 5 day and BBC 5 days are as worthless as a rusty bucket smile.gif

Keep checking the radar, and listening to others reports biggrin.gif

Lewis

Hi Llewis,I always listen to you and watch your forecast,but just find all these conflicting reports very frustrating on the other sites.

Don't know what your trying to show there, but the metoffice does show East Yorkshire and Lincs in prime position along with West Yorkshire. Warnings seem fine too me.

Lewis

Looks like it'll be mainly dry with just the odd light shower to me, and speaking from a selfish perspective after a 2 hour journey home on roads like glass the sooner it stops and warms up the better.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/lincoln_forecast_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Paul Hudson just said, more showers tonight.

Then tomorrow, concerned about the heavy snow and mainly concerned about the uncertainty, as its too hard for them to predict. Possible disruption, for East Yorkshire and Eastern and NE parts of lincs.

Also said this weekend potential for further heavy snow and drifting :drinks:

GET IN W00T

Yes, a very positive forecast for us for the next few days, and underlined what Keeley Donovan said on Radio Lincs this evening - frequent heavy snow showers over the next few days, penetrating a fair way inland and accompanied by a strong E or NE wind. She specifically warned of significant drifting over the Wolds and blizzard conditions in the heavier showers.

The wind is already getting up, there was drifting snow on the A157 between Wragby and Louth coming home this evening.

Posted

thick flakes now :drinks:

never seen it snow like this in -2.4c!

OMG its heavy now!!!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

Looks like it'll be mainly dry with just the odd light shower to me, and speaking from a selfish perspective after a 2 hour journey home on roads like glass the sooner it stops and warms up the better.

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

grumpy guts

Posted

thick flakes now :drinks:

never seen it snow like this in -2.4c!

OMG its heavy now!!!

Must have what we still have this a great shower just under 2 hours and still coming down pretty steady....

On another matter does anybody have a link to down size pictures to put on here as I have quite a few now and am waiting for it to stop to go out with the ruler..

Took some pictures of this and want to prove the latest in WF6..............

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

Must have what we still have this a great shower over 2 hours and still coming down pretty steady....

On another matter does anybody have a link to down size pictures to put on here as I have quite a few now and am waiting for it to stop to go out with the ruler..

Took some pictures of this and want to prove the latest in WF6..............

mate its still going here fast and hard! to down size photos go on microsoft office picture manager and theres a resize option!

Posted

mate its still going here fast and hard! to down size photos go on microsoft office picture manager and theres a resize option!

Cheers

If you get the same shower well over 2 hours now...................

Sorry just spoke to the wife started at 6 not 5.30 and has just stopped 7.50 possibly another 2-3 cms

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

Been snowing steadily for past 20mins, nice flakes, another cm on the cleared car. :)