Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

An excellent day here, went to creswell crags sledging. Witnessed a good snow shower while i was there. Looked very nice in the crags itself (pics later) snow was up to your ankles when walking along the hill! Currently -1.2c after a max temp of 0.6c. Perhaps some wintry showers in the next hour or so according to the radar biggrin.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Latest met office update for our region doesnt tie in with that forecast

This Evening and Tonight:

Some clear spells, but also further snow showers, these perhaps becoming heavy and prolonged at times near the coast. Widespread severe frost bringing very icy conditions to untreated surfaces. Minimum temperature -6 °C.

Hope I havent been duped in to believing one of paul hudsons wacky weather forecasts.. dry.gif

Posted

Which forecast are you goin off Jed?? The Beeb seem to playing down our chances and yesterdays total white out for Thursday has all but vanished?? I hope there wrong..

jinx.. Mr H does get a vit carried away with snow potential I think.. Fingers crossed anyway..

Edited by Clark3e

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Dont worry about these showers, there nothing. A little later we should hopefully see a big batch of potent showers push into north yorkshire/North east england, with a good few pushing into west yorkshire.. well thats if it goes to plan lol smile.gif

How far into West Yorkshire are you expecting these to venture?

Posted

Which forecast are you goin off Jed?? The Beeb seem to playing down our chances and yesterdays total white out for Thursday has all but vanished?? I hope there wrong..

It was look north forecast at 1:45

Posted

Latest GFS shows snow for the humber area tomorrow afternoon, though the beeb and met have totally played this down now.

Posted

It does not make sense, met office say dry and clear tomorrow. So does BBC, yet the metoffice still have a weather warning that they recently just issued for tomorrow..

WTF?

Posted

Yeh, The forecast I heard on the radio said that the South of the region would see the heavier snowfall. For my area area ,however, it's more likely to be the occasional shower.

Posted

It does not make sense, met office say dry and clear tomorrow. So does BBC, yet the metoffice still have a weather warning that they recently just issued for tomorrow..

WTF?

I gave up on the met office and bbc long ago rolleyes.gif they just can't make their minds up, you guys on netweather much better at predicting the snow drinks.gif they should come to you lot for weather Predictions clap.gif

Edited by clee_snow

Posted

Is that big one over hull at the moment going to his West Yorkshire?

I now reckon it will miss West Yorkshire. It is heading towards Doncaster and South Yorkshire.

Posted

I gave up on the met office and bbc long ago rolleyes.gif they just can't make their minds up, you guys on netweather much better at predicting the snow drinks.gif they should come to you lot for weather Predictions clap.gif

Hi,I second that. Its going to snow, so i check the met office and the bbc, low and behold both say the complete opposite. Im in hull and its dark at the moment,just had a hail shower. Well fingers crossed it snows soon, cause all i do is check this site out all day .whistling.gif

Posted

How much snow cover do you have now mate?

I'll take a ruler and measure it next time i go out :drinks: I'd say around 8cm mate

Posted

Had a really good day here today, woke up to around 3 inches of snow. I was quite concerned that it was around 2 degrees all day but this has done little to melt the snow appart from where the sun and grit has had an affect. Managed to play out in the snow this afternoo with my class (having done a risk assessment first lol) The kids loved it but struggled to make anything due to it been like powder. There was also a crisp layer on top which was quite strange. Had a few short heavy hail/snow showers recently, hoping for more tonight and over the next few days.

Posted

I'll take a ruler and measure it next time i go out :lol: I'd say around 8cm mate

That's a pretty good result mate :) I'm looking forward to the NMM update, this evening, which will give us a better idea of tomorrow's situation.

Posted

Woohoo what a difference an hour makes!

Gfs now showing plenty of showers pushing into west yorkshire this evening http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn124.png and the radar is starting to look better too.

Also late saturday and sunday now have snow showers piling into north/west yorkshire two! biggrin.gif As the easterly is a good 50-100 miles further north :clap:

I don't know if its me but at the edge of Meteox radar - it looks to me like there is more of an easterly component coming on board - any backers for this ? help.gif

http://www.meteox.co...oom&x=208&y=176

Looks north easterly to me

Posted

Is there meant to be any prolonged showers tomorrow or not? ... Forecasts suggested it previously yet seem to have backed away from it and suggest little in the way of ppn, despite the metoffice weather warnings still being out.

Posted

Paul Hudson - Latest Blog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/

I'm on an outside broadcast in Stamford Bridge, East Yorkshire, this evening. I will add more as soon as I can free up some time, and will comment about how well this was predicted and possible explanations for the type of weather we are having.

He's gonna be in Stamford Bridge between 6:30 and 7pm.

Does anyone fancy snowballing him live on air?

gobby :clap:

Edited by gobbyash