Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

temp -1.4C and snow and ice everywhere, looks like the slushy snow on the street road is now frozen. Step dad and friends parents dont think we will be back in school till after the weekend, and if it snows sunday/monday could be more days off smile.gif I dont think (well hope) we are not in tomorrow, but not sure about friday.

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

bloody cold here tonight no thaw today and 6-8 inches of snow outside brrrrrrrr

Posted

Cluster of showers beginning to form in the Northern Irish Sea - likley to affect Pembrokeshire in the early hours as the wind veers Northerly

Does bode well for later. The more precipitation the better. Hopefully get a dangler set up. Could be quite potent with the bitterly cold air and relitively warm sea...

-5.2c atm!

Edited by benb

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very cold this evening -8.3c now. Could beat Monday's -11.7c with ease if it stays calm and clear.

Very snowy across the county today, generally 3-6 inches lying with drifting on hills. Less towards the coast naturally, but still a slight covering, with an inch in Aberystwyth, and only Aberaeron still green.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

-7.1c here and falling rapidly road must be terrible. 8inches of snow is iceing up.

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

Very cold this evening -8.3c now. Could beat Monday's -11.7c with ease if it stays calm and clear.

Very snowy across the county today, generally 3-6 inches lying with drifting on hills. Less towards the coast naturally, but still a slight covering, with an inch in Aberystwyth, and only Aberaeron still green.

Poor old Aberaeron.

There cant be many places that did not get hit over the last 24hours???

Who missed out apart from Aberaeron ?

Posted

Poor old Aberaeron.

There cant be many places that did not get hit over the last 24hours???

Who missed out apart from Aberaeron ?

Saudi Arabia! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

it's -3.1 here currently which is very low for us. Very clear skies at present. Hope those showers turn into something Jon.

woody

Posted

Saudi Arabia! LOL

They are so rich they just make their own, im sure somebody somehwere in Saudi Arabia used a snow machine in the last 24hours, sultans party etc.

drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif ten pints of beer from me for the people of Aberaeron

Posted

it's -3.1 here currently which is very low for us. Very clear skies at present. Hope those showers turn into something Jon.

woody

There does seem to be a little more action up there. Developments to the s of the Isle of Man. Also more showers hitting the the north coast of Northern Ireland.

Posted

Anyone know when the Radar overlay options will get back on?

and yeah some nice activity up north, bit more of wind change and hopefully more showers streaming in.. sorted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Cluster of showers beginning to form in the Northern Irish Sea - likley to affect Pembrokeshire in the early hours as the wind veers Northerly

Do you think they could affect Ceredigion?

Posted

They are so rich they just make their own, im sure somebody somehwere in Saudi Arabia used a snow machine in the last 24hours, sultans party etc.

drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif ten pints of beer from me for the people of Aberaeron

actually there is an indoor ski resort in dubai, saudi arabia which alledgedly produces 6000 tonnes of snow to keep the attraction open!! when i said my earlier comment i was just trying to add a bit of fun and sarcasm to the conversation!! LOL

Posted

There does seem to be a little more action up there. Developments to the s of the Isle of Man. Also more showers hitting the the north coast of Northern Ireland.

Could this be anything like new years day for west wales again??

I missed that event as was away, but i think there was nearly a inch for Swansea , two for carmarthen area from that event??

Posted

Do you think they could affect Ceredigion?

The wind's meant to go nwesterly for a few hours, so it's possible.

Posted

actually there is an indoor ski resort in dubai, saudi arabia which alledgedly produces 6000 tonnes of snow to keep the attraction open!! when i said my earlier comment i was just trying to add a bit of fun and sarcasm to the conversation!! LOL

I know !!!

Im no serious Cyril Lol

How many snow days do the have in that ski resort??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Here's the scene near Aberystwyth today, had a few inches :fool:

post-10685-12628163686952_thumb.jpg

Posted

I missed that event as was away, but i think there was nearly a inch for Swansea , two for carmarthen area from that event??

These things are notoriously difficult to predict- a slight shift in the wind and you'll miss it all or get a pasting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I think the consensus is that if we do get any overnight or in the next day or two they will be fairly light by comparison, then then again who knows with this weather system!

woody _off to bed before I get moaned at again!LOL

Posted

18z also looking good for snow Sun/Mon. Too early to say exact amounts/locations etc...

Flash warning just released for snow in NI tonight...

Edited by benb

Posted

I think the consensus is that if we do get any overnight or in the next day or two they will be fairly light by comparison, then then again who knows with this weather system!

woody _off to bed before I get moaned at again!LOL

Thats the thing now, the bar has been raised once more by the events of the last 24 hours.

A inch which previously would have been met with giant whoop whoops, will now be seen as minor, hardly worth a mention versus the rest of the UK "BIG FREEZE"

Posted

18z also looking good for snow Sun/Mon. Too early to say exact amounts/locations etc...

Flash warning just released for snow in NI tonight...

sunday to wednesday if the gfs is to be believed

Ian Brown's comments are very encouraging re the low on Sunday.

As for tonight, wind direction is largely Northerly for tonight, so snow showers possible for Pembs and Carms, on or two may get further east, but probably staying dry elsewhere.