Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Absolute white out here - I've never seen snow like it - the precip is coming from the east

you'd swear we were on the top of everest in that one

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Absolute white out here - I've never seen snow like it - the precip is coming from the east

Still going from heavy to light here , gone very light here now with a bit of broken cloud overhead, clouds coming from the north east, would love a white out now!! lol

Posted

blue skies appearing here, very windy and the snow is driitng alot.

Posted

Ti'n siwr? Mae'n dwfnach fan hyn, Mesures i 17cm are y patio a 22cm ar y lawnt

Are you sure? It's deeper here then, I measured 17cm on the patio and 22cm on the lawn. Still snwoing although there are breaks in the cloud

Yes breaks in the cloud here too.

Ive noticed in your previous posts that Glanamman seems to have had slightly more snow and lower temps also

Posted

Yes breaks in the cloud here too.

Ive noticed in your previous posts that Glanamman seems to have had slightly more snow and lower temps also

That's unusual mind considering the alititude o Brynaman, Maybe jus the right place for the heavier precip who knows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Big flakes and very heavy now

Edit: gap in the cloud to the north so gone light, if it had snow like it just did then all of last night, we would of had loads!!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

comment by Barb on the Model output thread:-

Latest NOGAPS showing Blizzard #2 from the East for the weekend, was showing earlier too:

nogaps-2-108.png?06-11

ECM and UKMO hint at this too.

Some GFS ensembles showing it too.

gens-3-2-96.png?6

Man the snow plows again!

and here's what the winds will be doing:-

http://69.16.188.115/c9s4a5k3/cds/gfsimages/gfs.20100106/06/96/airpressure.png?dopvhost=charts.netweather.tv&doppl=0bb8f22340fc7de240ac7db2916976f940ac7d8a&dopsig=e0ff23ec8d8ef25dc0a64a468f4bba20

basically, a snow conveyor!

:rofl:

Posted

At least between now and sunday we might get a chance to get out and about carefully cause tonight it's gonna freeze bad and tomorrow night - before it adds to the 6 - 7 inches + we've got here

this rain today radar cracks me up - all last night it was advising we were gonna have "light snow showers" instead we had a blizzard for about 4 - 5 hours and now we're having these blizzard like showers enough to frighten any everest mountain climber and still it's showing "light snow showers" very weird!!

Edited by andymusic

Met Office now warnings out for Wales for Sunday's snow:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting many parts of Northern Ireland, Wales and much of England.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow, which could locally become heavy and prolonged at times. This will lead to further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

It looks a little similar to first snowfall we had in Feb 09... a real beast from the East with snow blasted right across Britain.

Posted

just watched the sky news -WOW is all i can say to them snow showers, is it to soon for them to tell us could it all dissapear by then

Posted

just watched the sky news -WOW is all i can say to them snow showers, is it to soon for them to tell us could it all dissapear by then

i thought wales got cut of from the rest

only thing they are reporting is in westmister

Posted

must of turned over at the right time the weather lady was on worth taking a watch it will put a smile on your face!

Posted

This is mad, one min its hammering it down with snow, the next there is a gap in the cloud and its hardly snowing, now there is a gap coming voer but its hammering it down lol

unfortunately the temp is now 2C and there is a thaw setting in. Hope temps start to drop soon so it can all freeze!

And lol, the NE wind has really picked up and getting quite gusty at times

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

This is mad, one min its hammering it down with snow, the next there is a gap in the cloud and its hardly snowing, now there is a gap coming voer but its hammering it down lol

unfortunately the temp is now 2C and there is a thaw setting in. Hope temps start to drop soon so it can all freeze!

And lol, the NE wind has really picked up and getting quite gusty at times

temp will start dropping within the next hour or so as the sun goes down - don't worry and then it's gonna go down to -7 or less

Edited by andymusic

Posted

temp will start dropping within the next hour or so as the sun goes down - don't worry and then it's gonna go down to -7 or less

good good, im guessing most of the showers will of died out by tonight?

Posted

Just been out to walk the dogs - absolutely biting wind snow blowing everywhere into drifts - can't remember the last time I felt it that cold and rural areas will get down to -10 tonight - ice station zebra comes to mind

Just been out to walk the dogs - absolutely biting wind snow blowing everywhere into drifts - can't remember the last time I felt it that cold and rural areas will get down to -10 tonight - ice station zebra comes to mind

Brilliant isn't it, well over knee deep snow up my mountain where it's drifted.

Posted

Just seen a flake of snow in the wind, and cloud coming from the east now, looks like possible another snow shower! will wait and see

Posted

Just seen a flake of snow in the wind, and cloud coming from the east now, looks like possible another snow shower! will wait and see

I'm thinking the same - theres nothing anywhere near us on the radar tho?? How strange?

Posted

I'm thinking the same - theres nothing anywhere near us on the radar tho?? How strange?

they don't pick up all the small flurries!

Posted

Yeah i was thinking that with the radar, will have to wait and see but hope it is! Also strange how the wind seems to of picked up, but the clouds seem to be moving slower now, well here they are anyway/

Edited by Deepsnow