Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Would still love to get a foot of snow at some point this winter, fingers crossed will happen at somepoint! this snow looks great, not sure how long it will last though.

not gonna melt hardly at all - around zero during the day and up to -7 at night for the next 4 -5 days at least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Same Icequeen I've got that snowy sky with me and it's -5 here lets get fingers crossedrolleyes.gif

Any chance the snow in the south will move north?

Edited by snowmadsam

Posted

Is there more forecast for Swansea this am ? Most schools are closed and some very black clouds looming, some forcasts say yes but not sure

no not today for you but the winds are gonna swing round to a nw over the next couple of days and start bringing snow showers in from cardigan bay again

Posted

no not today for you but the winds are gonna swing round to a nw over the next couple of days and start bringing snow showers in from cardigan bay again

This snow will last at least a week i'd say....looks like next area of snow gonna wrap around us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

not gonna melt hardly at all - around zero during the day and up to -7 at night for the next 4 -5 days at least

Awsome, hope for snow over the weekend and into next week then to top up what we got!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice covering 4-5 inches by the looks so on par with last Feb and Feb 2007. Hope the temperature stabilises or a gradual thaw will be underway as its just above 0c. We need the low to move off so the colder north/ NE air can resume. Would not like to lose it as the potential has been for a good covering to stick for a week or so to come!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

baro rising and temp now 2.7 here :-)

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I can see a band of closu to the east and a band to the west and clear skies overhead. That was the same all ruddy night!

woody

Posted

Measured ours is 13cm on the back lawn that is accumulated total over the past 5 days though. Yesterday and last night about 9cm. Temperature rising +0.4c now. Oh well its not going to stay pristine like it did in the old days!! Used to snow well below zero in those days (poor Old Man!).

Posted

We've still got really strong, fine snow in Newport. is this the tail end? Around 7- 8 inches so far, preventing me getting into work this morning...happy days! yahoo.gif

Posted

We've still got really strong, fine snow in Newport. is this the tail end? Around 7- 8 inches so far, preventing me getting into work this morning...happy days! yahoo.gif

pretty much - might be the odd shower popping through from the ne

Posted

pretty much - might be the odd shower popping through from the ne

Oh well, can't complain- best snowfall for me since Feb '96 I think. Snow cover lasted five days then, would be great to see something similar this year.

Posted

stopped here now in blackwood gwent but god didnt we have some amazing snow brill anymore today or this week

Posted

stopped here now in blackwood gwent but god didnt we have some amazing snow brill anymore today or this week

GFS is firming up the easterly for sunday and monday and that could deliver then

only the odd shower over the next couple of days though

Got about 4 inches here, wasn't really expecting much so that'll do me. Drifted quite a bit too, 2 foot drifts in places. Should stay on the ground for a long time and potentially a lot more next week. Turning into a decent winter now.

Edited by Barb-

Posted

is it me or does it look like we are getting showers from the thames streamer coming towards us not including whats dropping down from the north? west wales might see some of that

Posted

west wales could be in for a fairly decent shower shortly - in mid wales at mo

is it me or does it look like we are getting showers from the thames streamer coming towards us not including whats dropping down from the north? west wales might see some of that

think that's gonna drop below us now - look for the showers coming in from the ne

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Here at work, near Aberystwyth (SY23 3EB) it's been lightly snowing since about 0830.

Blue sky overhead now, but some greyish cloud trying to get to us from the east.

2 inches accumulated on ground overnight (i.e. not a proper measurement, just a 'finger in the car park snow' test.

Posted

snowing lightly here in Ponty - more showers coming in as well - winds really picking up and blowing the snow we already have into drifts - even throwing "snowballs" at the window

long way off in weather terms but gfs has upgraded easterly again and brought forward snow for friday into saturday now!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

snowing lightly here in Ponty - more showers coming in as well - winds really picking up and blowing the snow we already have into drifts - even throwing "snowballs" at the window

I would like some more snow:) pleeeaaaasssseee