Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I know i am gonna regret tonight as i will probably get called into work as someone is snowed in and i can walk it in 10 mins. this all nighter is not going to seem such a good idea then lol :p

Posted

So what's the situation? It seems to me like the heavy snow is slowly moving away but with a good few hours of light snow to come.

Posted

Well the posters seem to be fading fast unlike the snow lol.

Sat at the pc lights off curtaims open enjoying the view wondering how deep will this actually get as its sure chucking it down.

Posted

Well the posters seem to be fading fast unlike the snow lol.

Sat at the pc lights off curtaims open enjoying the view wondering how deep will this actually get as its sure chucking it down.

Yep, the streamer keeps a going - might start easing up a little in the next hour or so but still seems to be coming through

Looks like this might be our base level just forming - GFS is starting to conjour up further snow for us in the coming days - mostly showers between later today and sunday but then the biting easterly that has been mentioned looks like it might be back on with more widespread snow through sunday and monday

This ain't over till the fat lady sings and I think they are all on a diet right now

Edited by andymusic

Posted

looking at the radar the low seems to be pushing NE which could benefit us depending on how quickly it moves away.

To be honest not ruling anything out at the moment but i reckon we have a few more hours yet before we know roughly what will actually happen.

Posted

looking at the radar the low seems to be pushing NE which could benefit us depending on how quickly it moves away.

To be honest not ruling anything out at the moment but i reckon we have a few more hours yet before we know roughly what will actually happen.

The main low has moved west south west - we now have the main band which seems happy to keep coming across us - but for how long I'm not sure as it's all being pulled southwards - but is still being fed from behind from all the way from London - that secondary low though might throw a chink in the works as it's also revolving and throwing it's band a little further north - so it's still not over yet

GFS keeps bringing up a battleground event now 14th - 15th with the cold winning out - usually brill for us in this neck of the woods - lots more snow

I was right - that secondary low is keeping the ppn for us and pushing it across to south wales - more good amounts of snow yet to come

This is a bit like that film - The Perfect Storm - and the phrase - "It doesn't want to let us out"

Edited by andymusic

Posted

well just had our first gritter through how much good that will do to 6 inches of snow i dont know :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Been snowing most the night heavy at times, id say there is maybe 2inches? still snoing lightly, can we expect much more?

Posted

Looks like it may be slowly easing here although still blowing a gale and heavyish snow

Been snowing most the night heavy at times, id say there is maybe 2inches? still snoing lightly, can we expect much more?

looks like you picked the right user name for today - we got Deepsnow up here - about a foot i wood say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looks like it may be slowly easing here although still blowing a gale and heavyish snow

looks like you picked the right user name for today - we got Deepsnow up here - about a foot i wood say

Lol not a great deal here compared to that, only a few inches at best, any chance of more today?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Lol not a great deal here compared to that, only a few inches at best, any chance of more today?

once this band leaves wales there maybe some showers moving down from the north east - otherwise more possible showers between later and next sunday - GFS is now picking up a much stronger easterly wind event for sunday and monday which may well give some widespread snow - between now and then freezing temps keeping the snow we have

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Not sure if this is a temporary lull or the start of the end watching the radar intently :rofl:

Edited by djwayne

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

About 8 inches of snow outside here in Cwmbran. Blowing hard and drifting up against peoples doors. Haven't seen weather like this since....the last time...

If this continues until midday then a further 6 inches possible. Amazing.

Cwmbran S E Wales - 150m asl West Pontnewydd ( 5 miles east of newport )

Posted

Not sure if this is a temporary lull or the start of the end watching the radar intently :cc_confused:

it looks like there's more on the way. there's a low moving west and it's just south of bristol now. if it keeps on the track it's on it should throw a bit more snow our way.

Edited by bennytes

Posted

Looks like it's trying to keep going here in south east wales - no let up yet - got at least a foot of snow if not more here - been an amazing night!