Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

should be still snowing late morning I think - NEWS 24 couldn't give a monkeys about us - Derek's not that bothered either - NEWS 24 did also show some additional snow coming down off of the north eastern showers later today.

If you look at the current meto radar I'd say we were at the centre of it all at the mo!!!!!!!!!

agreed LOL!! yes A470 is a right mess andy! still no gritters or ploughs! lets hope this stays with us! no work for me tomorrow! cant see me getting into office or going on flights coming to think about it.

Posted

better to stay safe and warm at home - no chance of a nasty accident - writing off the car - breaking an arm or a leg etc etc

Posted

looking good for your area in about 45 minutes

ut owww.... another excuse for me to have to stay up even later then.... need the matchsticks for us all inthe morning. lol

Ok... excited again.

Posted

hope I don't offend anyone - but some of these 4 x 4 drivers think they are immortal in this weather but when we had the snow back in Feb - some 4x4 driver tried the Griag hill here in Ponty and ended up shearing off his axle

Posted

better to stay safe and warm at home - no chance of a nasty accident - writing off the car - breaking an arm or a leg etc etc

god no! i deal with that every week! nice to have a day off - december was so so busy for us!

Posted

Beasts???????????? you got more coming I think - new low centre pushing up from the south should get things going again for you shortly

I am so Excited...... I could...... crush a GRAPE. Thanks again for your advice,, will wait with anticipation. May regret it in the morning, but so will everone else. lol

Posted

seen a few pass my house must be 4 inches on the ground at 35 mph they must be willing organ donors

Posted

god no! i deal with that every week! nice to have a day off - december was so so busy for us!

met office emergency weather warning in place and wow - they mentioned south east wales!!! on bbc news!!

Posted

seen a few pass my house must be 4 inches on the ground at 35 mph they must be willing organ donors

the only transport that will be dashing up our single track country lane will be the farmer in the morning in his tractor to feed the sheep and cows in the field next door to us

Posted

carries on like this and they'll be posting avalanche warnings for round here

ha,,,, hope it misses the farmer and sheep on the tractor.... well. not sheep on the tractor but you know what i mean.

Posted

I doubt i will get 30cm here, maybe 10cm.

I suppose we already had a head start as well from this mornings snow

This cold spell doesn't seem to have an end - we'll all start suffering snow fatigue - bit like at xmas with over indulgence on turkey!!!!

Posted

full on blizzard conditions now here

i have lived here for 15 years, and this is the FIRST time i have seen drifting snow outside my front window.

Posted

GFS 00z models will be out shortly (start at 3.30am) lets see how much longer this snow will really last - GFS has been exactly right with the snow for us - and a lot of people including the pro forecasters got it totally wrong it seems

Posted

snow has gone very fine here blowing almost horizontal at times think it will lighten for a while then the next line of heavu stuff will move in.

Posted

ok.... going to go to bed. probably not asleep though as will be lampost watching on and off all night i feel. Thanks for everyones great advice on weather tonight and thanks for the great company. Good luck all for futher white stuff. Fingers crossed here as well.

night night xx

Posted

full on blizzard conditions now here

i have lived here for 15 years, and this is the FIRST time i have seen drifting snow outside my front window.

get used to it - if Joe B on accuweather is right and I believe him - the solar influence on the earth is dropping over the coming couple of decades and so these winters like this could well become the norm just like the 70s - he also don't believe much in global warming and laughs to himself when the governments of the world think they can control the temperature of the earth

ok.... going to go to bed. probably not asleep though as will be lampost watching on and off all night i feel. Thanks for everyones great advice on weather tonight and thanks for the great company. Good luck all for futher white stuff. Fingers crossed here as well.

night night xx

night night xx

Posted

as a courier Andy, this scenario is the one i have dreaded the most.

i think Joe B is right.

time to find another job i think.

polar bear mucker outer, or something? :o