Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Theres lots of cloud scudding across the sky from the East which is darkening the sky every now & again & producing the odd flurry. I didn't realise that the radar wouldn't show up all clouds - you learn something new every day!

Posted

I know - I imagine the schools will be closed now until after the weekend. Lovely for the kids but a nightmare for us that need to work or lose pay / annual leave :)

Posted

Tonight will be a 'mare. This is going to freeze soooooo much. Tomorrow am people need to take very real care. I wonder if tomorrow will be an ice day?

Yep will be an ice day

The radar depends on the resolution - metos radar isn't very good - I know net weather's is a bit more detailed like the raintoday radar - these do pick up more of the smaller flurries

met check have real feel with the wind etc down to - 14 here in ponty - will be flippin freezin!

remember sking in zell am zee some years ago in austria and it was -20 in the middle of the day on the mountain and my moustache and beard just came over all icey and froze up - had to keep going into restaurants on the mountains to warm up - amazing though

Edited by andymusic

Tonight will be a 'mare. This is going to freeze soooooo much. Tomorrow am people need to take very real care. I wonder if tomorrow will be an ice day?

I'd expect so in the Valleys and Mid Wales. Around -10 widely tonight in rural areas with snow cover I'd say, temp currently 0.1c and dropping.

Posted

I think the Germans are doing a bit of ramping. laughs. Yes certainly it is looking as though Sunday is going to be an interesting day for many. Where exactly and amounts the snow will be at this point in time is hard to say. Although I have heard that some are expecting Sunday to be much worse than yesterday and today for the UK as a whole. With the very low temperatures this is going to be a real challenge to many...

Posted

Anybody care to guess the minimun for Sennybridge for tonight, based on the MetO reading?

Bearing in mind it was -11c on Sunday night (I think it was Sun), I'm going for -12.5c tonight.

Higher? Lower? Any offers?

Posted

I reckon Pembrey will get down to -9 tonight. Senny bridge -13? could get a -14 here we always seem a tad colder than senny bridge readings, but depends ond cloud cover and how cold it actually is. Had light snow flurries all ater noon with nothing on the radar.

Posted

I reckon Pembrey will get down to -9 tonight. Senny bridge -13? could get a -14 here we always seem a tad colder than senny bridge readings, but depends ond cloud cover and how cold it actually is. Had light snow flurries all ater noon with nothing on the radar.

I'll put you down for -13c, then.

The prize is to be named the Net Weather Cymru Temperature Predictor 2010- a very prestigous title!

Posted

Anyone know if the college's will shut tomorrow too? - all schools are closed.

All o Coleg Sir Gâr's campuses are shut tomorrow, that must bode well for you further east hey?

Posted

Surely mine will close, roads bad and still around 4/5 inches of snow on ground.

They should do all education has been on hold here all week :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im hoping that alot of teachers that live in Swansea wont be able to get here tomorrow, and they will close the school because of it being too icy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Just been told it's curently snowing on the hills behind Narberth, Pembs, we have come over very black here in Milford. Temp dropped to 1.1 degrees sharply.

As a side issue, have you actually felt the snow and made snowballs with it? It's really powdery and makes fab snow balls without being too hard. Just a big kid I guess, LOL. Not felt snow that isnt icy for long time.

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

I think that my school will be open for 11,12 and 13 for exams.

But I don't think I will have to go to school becuase i'm year 10 i hope school is closed for the rest the week it would be my dream.

CLoud increasing to the north heredrinks.gif hopefully will bring something

Edited by snowmadsam

Posted

Just been told it's curently snowing on the hills behind Narberth, Pembs, we have come over very black here in Milford. Temp dropped to 1.1 degrees sharply.

As a side issue, have you actually felt the snow and made snowballs with it?  It's really powdery and makes fab snow balls without being too hard.  Just a big kid I guess, LOL.  Not felt snow that isnt icy for long time.

woody

yes, it's the perfect snow as its not too wet that everything gets soaked as soon as you touch it, but its just damp enough to stick together. We could do with some more snow and I'm hoping those showers forecast for Pembrokeshire tonight manage to come as far East as Swansea.

Posted

yes, it's the perfect snow as its not too wet that everything gets soaked as soon as you touch it, but its just damp enough to stick together. We could do with some more snow and I'm hoping those showers forecast for Pembrokeshire tonight manage to come as far East as Swansea.

I'm just hoping they do make it to milford!

woody

Posted

Hi Jon, I don't know mate. Netwaether upgraded us to a 95% chance this evening, and met office show it early tomorrow so there is a chance I guess I really really hope!)

woody

Posted

clouds coming over now but nothing on the radarcc_confused.gif

Posted

Well my school is open to sixformers and year 11, Am i hell going in I'm sorry, my bus isnt coming so why should i go and get my mother to risk driving. Any snow showers for Carmarthenshire tonight, desperate here?