Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

what is happening? i thought it was all systems go...bah ohmy.gif

god nos. i think the radar is faulty because it is snowing in north yorks because my friend just texted me saying its very very heavy and blowing. i do not know what is happening, but this is weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

LOL. Well it looks good on the radar anyway i think.

Think we might get the odd bit here and there by 1am , but i aint no expert.. just plodding along learning and watching the lamppost :drunk:

Posted

Craigers should be posting a snow report soon... Hopfully! :drunk:

ill put my flood light on in back garden n check for you :cold:

snowing very lightly at mo :lol:

Edited by Craigers

Posted

my lampost is not working, typical. i can only see it if i turn on the lights on the decking in my garden.

i had pulled the blinds on , so if i twitch em the fat bird over the road will think im pervin on her :drunk:

Posted

my lampost is not working, typical. i can only see it if i turn on the lights on the decking in my garden.

Ive gone cross-eyed staring at the bloody lampost!

Still extremely light snow.

Posted

omg i can see snow falling by looking at my neighbours lights outside. i can see snow falling. wonder if it will give us owt because i am wanting an extra covering on the trees to make it look nice in the morning, does anyone agree, that when trees have snow on them they look so much better. bloody all falls off days later.

Posted

the latest image for 2330 on Met Office Invent shows that it's advancing on us slowly - with what still appears to be light-moderate PPN currently around York.

Yes - tiny flakes now.

Edited by paulw10

Posted

omg i can see snow falling by looking at my neighbours lights outside. i can see snow falling. wonder if it will give us owt because i am wanting an extra covering on the trees to make it look nice in the morning, does anyone agree, that when trees have snow on them they look so much better. bloody all falls off days later.

ye same here, but i dont mind it when snow falls off due to the weight biggrin.gif

Posted

i had pulled the blinds on , so if i twitch em the fat bird over the road will think im pervin on her air_kiss.gif

lmao. i am sick of looking out of my bloody window and people just start walking past and stare at you, like your some freak. annoys me does that, happens moslty during the day.dry.gif

Posted

Its wins the award for the slowest moving band :)

If anyone has not got the net-weather radar then its well worth getting. For £3 or what ever it is then its a bargain for what you get! I'm sure people who have it will fully back me up :)

Posted

Sssshhhh! Don't tell SUFC but it's snowing moderately outside :) .

Posted

ye same here, but i dont mind it when snow falls off due to the weight biggrin.gif

hahabiggrin.gif Oh also never seen so many long icicles in my life. there is so many whcih makes such a beautiful scenary. Did anyone see the news today of the scottishg borders with all that piled up snow and long icicles. looked something form the 70s winter, it really did.ohmy.gif

Posted

lmao. i am sick of looking out of my bloody window and people just start walking past and stare at you, like your some freak. annoys me does that, happens moslty during the day.dry.gif

Ha ha , feel like waking the dog up to take him on a late night walk so i can have a good check towards stanningley/farsley and around :)

Edited by stevied

Posted

Unless things pick up on the next radar loop or 2, we are looking at a dusting rather than a couple of inches.

Indeed. We are just that little bit too far inland.

Posted

Yep well worth the £3 something for it i think

Chris

Its wins the award for the slowest moving band laugh.gif

If anyone has not got the net-weather radar then its well worth getting. For £3 or what ever it is then its a bargain for what you get! I'm sure people who have it will fully back me up smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Its wins the award for the slowest moving band :rolleyes:

If anyone has not got the net-weather radar then its well worth getting. For £3 or what ever it is then its a bargain for what you get! I'm sure people who have it will fully back me up :)

agreed, the radar is great, postcode zoom work well too. quite accurate :)

only thing I miss is the 'real' map like on raintoday. mix that with NW radar, it'd be super cool ;)

Posted

Sssshhhh! Don't tell SUFC but it's snowing moderately outside :rolleyes: .

Thats was a pretty good shower in the end mate, and the roads are a whiteout now ;)

Edited by sufc