Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes, I think snow amounts mon-tue should be quite small though as slightly less milder air advects westwards. the less cold the air travelling over the north sea is, the less moisture gets picked up, so less snow...

I think wed onwards though, fronts trying to push in may give us heavier snow, but i doubt they will get further north east than the west midlands, if that. then after that hopefully a cold easterly should set in. smile.gif

yes then the pattern restarts again hopefully. might get a bit bored of this winter next week. havent had any rain here since 15th december. truly astonishing. nearest to rain was sleet when we had that warm front coming down from the north a week or so ago. i cannot remember the day. but everythign fallen from the sky has been snow or sleet since mid december. when you think about it, its shocking. would love a good wind and rain storm now lol.laugh.gif

Posted

Amazed how slowly the band is creeping in - anybody in York and suroundings know how heavy it is at the moment?

i cant understand why its heading towards me (dn5) because i thought it was moving west!

shows you how right the 700vectors are!

Edited by Craigers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

ive pulled my blinds on for now, and watching a rerun of ireland v ENGLAND from italia 90 on espn classics to take my mind off the snow for a bit:wallbash:

Posted

Amazed how slowly the band is creeping in - anybody in York and suroundings know how heavy it is at the moment?

Been a white out north of York. Very heavy indeed.

Posted

Flows just changed, showers now moving SSW

Those in Scunny heads up :drinks:

Lewis

Do you think those showers in the north sea will effect us later mate?

Posted

ive pulled my blinds on for now, and watching a rerun of ireland v ENGLAND from italia 90 on espn classics to take my mind off the snow for a bit:wallbash:

Great - thanks for that! A bit of Lineker and Peter Shilton will take my mind off it, too. Was a great tournament! Ahhghh..it's just finished. LOL

Posted

Its so slow moving, on the plus side even if its light it should accumulate to something if it gets here. Good net-weather warning. Should be very interesting for our region overnight :drinks:

Posted

Flows just changed, showers now moving SSW

Those in Scunny heads up :drinks:

Lewis

cant believe im in the firing line now! i was thinking it was gunna miss here

Posted

Great - thanks for that! A bit of Lineker and Peter Shilton will take my mind off it, too. Was a great tournament! Ahhghh..it's just finished. LOL

Ha ha soz mate,

remember watching it back in 90 when i was only 14 !

Crap game after so much build up [ abit like weather watching!]

Posted

Do you think those showers in the north sea will effect us later mate?

Put it this way mate, it's looking a lot more promising for you then earlier, and tomorrow you and Craigers are in for some nice showers :drinks:

Posted

cant believe im in the firing line now! i was thinking it was gunna miss here

Me to! Will be interesting to see the intensity when the shower arrives. Temp at -2.6c here however it has gone cloudy.

Posted

is it looking good for here then people? because i went crazy and told everyone in the house to expect more snow by end of the night. i predicted a few more inches to them.pardon.gif

Ha ha you and me both!

Posted

Just wanted to know if the sand works at melting the snow? The reason I ask is that snow has settled on the beach here. I went up to scarb the other day, whats happened to the beach,never know it so dirty? Hope you get loads of snow mate.

Cheers mate! :p

Just had another pasting! First decent snowfall we've had since Tuesday morning.

All you guys in the path of these showers should have some large accumulations. Family and friends in Pickering are reporting large totals and a friend of mine is snowed in at Cropton!

As for the sand! It's caused a right storm! Apparently it's gonna block all the drains when the snow thaws! The council also had to get a special licence to use sand because it's "the queens sand!". A report in the evening news here said that if the general public were caught taking sand from the beach they could be prosecuted!! :p

I see some more showers forming out in the North Sea, Not sure if they'll hit here. Up at 5am for work, Should be a fun trip!

Posted

lol the latest radar is **** for us in Leeds.

what is happening? i thought it was all systems go...bah :p

edit: getting the sparsest of snow falling now, like a second between each flake but it's there!

Edited by ezman