Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

i think so because there were no signs of them on the latest forecasts. not complaining lol. i think they're underdoing shower potential here tomorrow evening too. fingers crossed.

Posted

i think so because there were no signs of them on the latest forecasts. not complaining lol. i think they're underdoing shower potential here tomorrow evening too. fingers crossed.

lets hope we get as much as poss, my family in sussex and my outlaws in gloustershire have had tons of the stuff and was feeling a bit left out down here. what is you take on the possibility of snow on sunday?

Posted

to be honest im not sure at the moment. we are certainly due some heavy stuff as we seem to be part of the minority that missed out. im going to stick with my original thoughts the other night and say 2-3 inches lying by sunday night, but any more is perfectly welcome :rolleyes: I can't see this small cover thawing until next week

Edit: I think you'll do better than me by an inch or two being more north and closer to the coast...you guys always seem to have twice as much lol

Edited by dapick2002

Posted

to be honest im not sure at the moment. we are certainly due some heavy stuff as we seem to be part of the minority that missed out. im going to stick with my original thoughts the other night and say 2-3 inches lying by sunday night, but any more is perfectly welcome :rolleyes: I can't see this small cover thawing until next week

just about to watch the hudson forecast on look north, see what he is going with and i will expect to opposite. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Took this picture earlier with R0b on the bank of the river hull, i have more that i'll add later.

Hope you like it.

post-2644-12628865264152_thumb.jpg

What makes that the River Hull as opposed to the Humber Estuary? Huh Huh.

Posted

Just been out for a couple of pints and missed the forecasts, any chance of white stuff for Halifax tonight?

Posted

well not much to talk about on that forecast

Interesting for my area - he suggested the snow showers will reach as far as the Sheffield area by 0600 tomorrow. We will know in the morning if he's right about it.

Posted

lol where is everyone. Looks like things are becoming interesting smile.gif

Showers should now begining to push much further inland, expect a good 2-5cm in some areas!

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

lol where is everyone. Looks like things are becoming interesting smile.gif

Showers should now begining to push much further inland, expect a good 2-5cm in some areas!

I really hope so mate!!

Last nights snow showers missed the bradford/leeds border by a few miles.

Heres hoping tonight we get something , i dont want to go to bed in a mood again!!:cold:

Posted

What kind of time would you estimate the snow will hit this area and for how long?

Well according to bbc graphics and latest forecasts, a band of snow showers should reach us bye around 2am..

But looking at the latest radar, I think it could be much sooner, whether that be just a few preceding showers or the main lot im not sure.. Just have to keep an eye on the radar mate drinks.gif

I really hope so mate!!

Last nights snow showers missed the bradford/leeds border by a few miles.

Heres hoping tonight we get something , i dont want to go to bed in a mood again!!whistling.gif

Ye was a dissapointing, some areas got 1-2 inches.. Just goes to show how hit n miss those streamers can be dry.gif. Woudnt complain if one affected my area though biggrin.gif

Posted

I shall be to far South for those showers however I'm hoping for one or two flurries later tonight forming in that gap, i won't hold my breath though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I shall be to far South for those showers however I'm hoping for one or two flurries later tonight forming in that gap, i won't hold my breath though.

Mark anything can happen look at last night i wasn't expecting any snow at all yet we had 2 heavy snow showers that left a decent covering again on the roads aswell. :good:

Posted

Mark anything can happen look at last night i wasn't expecting any snow at all yet we had 2 heavy snow showers that left a decent covering again on the roads aswell. drinks.gif

I got an extra dusting as well from a further snow shower, however thats all im expecting may happen tonight. Could be worse, the snow could be melting !! :wallbash:

Posted

Keep an eye on www.raintoday.co.uk. You can see the showers gradually pushing in from the NE. They are now extending inland beyond York.

Hi, you no how to zoom right in?? It doesnt seem to let you do that anymore :wallbash:

Posted

Hi, you no how to zoom right in?? It doesnt seem to let you do that anymore :D

Irritating, isn't it? It did until a few days ago. Don't know the answer to that, sorry.