Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

What do people think that nice collection of snow that is moving southwards from scotland will do when it meets the showers coming in from the east? Is it likely to stay on course over me or pick up some motion to the South west?

Thanks

Have a look here from 1500 onwards with rainfall layer switched on.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Seems to indicate it's possible for you 0000-0300hrs.

Posted

Have a look here from 1500 onwards with rainfall layer switched on.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Seems to indicate it's possible for you 0000-0300hrs.

It seems to show possibilities for Leeds from around 9pm as well?

Edited by ezman

Posted

It seems to show possibilities for Leeds from around 9pm as well?

Well hopefully things will get better for us tonight - a repeat of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning's delivery will do me just fine. Just to top things up a bit.

Posted

Hopefully another inch or so to level off all those footprints etc. from the past couple of days! I'm not too hopeful of snow reaching me in Cleckheaton to be honest, but it would be a nice surprise.

Posted

not this side Dee-you must be both north and east of me as the shower, very impressive it looked, past my front upstairs window as I sit at the pc?

Posted

Hi John, it went really dark and looked like it was in for the day. It cam down really heavy for about 5 mins and now its stopped. There are blue skies above now? :oops:

I can't believe you didn't get it either, I am in Auckley and you are in Cantley, only a stones throw away :rofl:

Posted

afternoon all, went really dark here had a few mins of heavy snow now just a few flakes blowing in the wind, it looked so good i thought we were going to get a good dumping but not to be. not sure what to make of the forecasts so far regarding the weekend but looks dry for us tomorrow.

Posted

Well after this morning almost blizzard type conditions this afternoon has been a bit of a let down. The snow generally has stood firm to the 2 degree temperature we have had here, only really melting where the sun has got to work, mainly roofs. Hope to get a bit more tonight and tomorrow, just hope we get below freezing again this evening, its been quite a challenge at times. Could someone explain to me how during the december cold spell we managed ice days here, but now we are hovering around 2/3 degrees. Would love to know why.

Posted

Well after this morning almost blizzard type conditions this afternoon has been a bit of a let down. The snow generally has stood firm to the 2 degree temperature we have had here, only really melting where the sun has got to work, mainly roofs. Hope to get a bit more tonight and tomorrow, just hope we get below freezing again this evening, its been quite a challenge at times. Could someone explain to me how during the december cold spell we managed ice days here, but now we are hovering around 2/3 degrees. Would love to know why.

same here the temp got to 4.5c max and now is only starting to go down at 2.7c, makes no sense in a cold spell cc_confused.gif

Posted

Looking on the radar, it appears that there is a shower heading directly for the Leeds area - currently just to the north of York.

Let's hope it doesn't fizzle out before it gets into West Yorkshire!

Edited by BA Baracus

Posted

North Sea Modification under different flows and wind speeds.

Posted

New weather warning out:

Yorkshire & Humber: E Riding of Yorkshire Kingston upon Hull N Lincolnshire N Yorkshire NE Lincolnshire York

Heavy Snow1415 Thu 70600 Fri 8Snow showers will be heavy at times giving accumulations of 2 to 5 cm and possibly up to 10 cm in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1214 Thu 7 Jan

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/uk/yh/yh_forecast_warnings.html

Posted

Looking on the radar, it appears that there is a shower heading directly for the Leeds area - currently just to the north of York.

They have been dieing away above me, but I guess some will push further inland.

Posted

same here the temp got to 4.5c max and now is only starting to go down at 2.7c, makes no sense in a cold spell cc_confused.gif

Wow, that seems very high. On xcweather.co.uk, it has showed Donna Hook at 3 degrees all afternoon! I really hope you have a faulty temp sensor as that would really melt all the snow away. Lets hope for a frost of some kind tonight.

Posted

Let's hope it doesn't fizzle out before it gets into West Yorkshire!

Yes I am just watching that one on the Radar, most have fizzled out before they reached us but this looks more promising I am at work in LS11 and it is looking a bit cloudy now.

Fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Good afternoon all.

Not looking forward to a 12 hr night shift tonight up in the Seacroft area of Leeds. It seemed to me this morning on my way home that not one of the main roads had been treated. With a band of showers forecast to go through our region tonight my worry is that the roads with be covered by morning if they are not treated again.

Craig.

Posted

Wow, that seems very high. On xcweather.co.uk, it has showed Donna Hook at 3 degrees all afternoon! I really hope you have a faulty temp sensor as that would really melt all the snow away. Lets hope for a frost of some kind tonight.

I use a local weather station http://freespace.virgin.net/grimsby.weather/Frame4.html rolleyes.gif

Posted

I use a local weather station http://freespace.vir...her/Frame4.html rolleyes.gif

I like that, thanks! Don't like the temperature though, lets hope its taken right on the sea lol.

Posted

The shower is losing intensity but may make it in it's last breath! There does seem to be a line behind the initial burst so something may make it as far as Leeds.

Posted

I like that, thanks! Don't like the temperature though, lets hope its taken right on the sea lol.

a friend tells me that is near peaks parkway not far form B & Qrolleyes.gif

Posted

Just got back from a business meeting with Rob.

We had a drive around too, went for a meal etc, and got some lovely photographs, will upload the best soon. I have some of the Harbor in hull frozen over.

Posted

It's clouding over in Leeds but no flakes yet. The shower is steadily dying but has made it past York. Bitterly cold outside and very icy.