Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi im new here and from sheffield, are they likely to be getting any snow tonight, thanks

BBC are predicting snow showers in Sheffield area for about 0600 tomorrow morning - check the Look North forecast at about 2220.

Posted

wow that snow is really packing in now to the east and moving westwards. hope to god my 6th form isn't closed again as that would be the third time its been shut and i am way behind on work and cannot get off here to do work at home lol.rolleyes.gifwallbash.gif

Posted

What I don't understand is the BBC has forecast a area of snow to push in from the north east at 3-6am, and making it into North/West Yorkshire and into Manchester, yet the GFS doesn't show any of this, why is that?

Posted

RESULT!

Hammering it down now, The showers seem to have grouped into a longer spell. Not overly sure of the direction though. If it was to sink south we could be in for a good couple of hours of heavy snow.

Any thoughts?

Temp now 0.1C, Was 2.2C before the snow hit!! :good:

Posted

wow that snow is really packing in now to the east and moving westwards. hope to god my 6th form isn't closed again as that would be the third time its been shut and i am way behind on work and cannot get off here to do work at home lol.rolleyes.gifwallbash.gif

Which part of Leeds do you live in?

Posted

RESULT!

Hammering it down now, The showers seem to have grouped into a longer spell. Not overly sure of the direction though. If it was to sink south we could be in for a good couple of hours of heavy snow.

Any thoughts?

Temp now 0.1C, Was 2.2C before the snow hit!! drinks.gif

yes i just on -will it rain today? and noticed the radar picture of scarborough,looks good for you guys

Posted

The temp is now down to -4c, so it will be interesting to see how low it gets here tonight :D

Might have bottomed out for the next couple of hours as the cloud is encroaching and possibly one or two showers may hit us. :D .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Been hammering down for quite some time now here. Roads are starting to get covered again. I'd be happy but I know the chances are I'll be the only one of 3 on my team at work tomorrow if this keeps up :/

Posted

Might have bottomed out for the next couple of hours as the cloud is encroaching and possibly one or two showers may hit us. :cc_confused: .

The radar was looking great a short while ago,but everything weakens as it gets towards the humber sadly.

Posted

dam, i bet that big shower pushing in towards york reaches leeds, but is a few miles to my south east wallbash.gif

That thin band further north looks nice but would deliver 20 mins heavy snow at best (providing it keeps its intensity) :cc_confused:

Normanton WF6 in the firing line again!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Currently having very light flurries here, the temp has managed to get below freezing which was my main concern. Took the dog out earlier and there appears to have been very little thaw, thank god. What is going to happen tonight?

Posted

Been hammering down for quite some time now here. Roads are starting to get covered again. I'd be happy but I know the chances are I'll be the only one of 3 on my team at work tomorrow if this keeps up :/

Where In Scarborough are you? I'm in Osgodby and it seems to be slowing for now. Looks good for more through the next hour or 2.

Posted

Where In Scarborough are you? I'm in Osgodby and it seems to be slowing for now. Looks good for more through the next hour or 2.

Just wanted to know if the sand works at melting the snow? The reason I ask is that snow has settled on the beach here. I went up to scarb the other day, whats happened to the beach,never know it so dirty? Hope you get loads of snow mate.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Looks even better for tomorrow, especially afternoon onwards. Fingers crossed. :lol:

Posted

Like I said earlyier, i think most of the precipitation is guna head south of leeds dry.gif I think castleford/huddersfield are in the firing line..

Normanton WF6 in the firing line again!!!!!!!!!!!

Ye you could get a pasting mate :lol:

Posted

Like I said earlyier, i think most of the precipitation is guna head south of leeds dry.gif I think castleford/huddersfield are in the firing line..

Normanton and a Man U fan................................

Posted

Normanton and a Man U fan................................

Ah bless suppose someones got to support em!! :wallbash:

Hope that nice blob thats on its way doesnt fizzle out, hope to see more showers thru night.

Posted

I've heard we have swapped Beckford for Berbatov!!!!!!!!

Well u got the best deal!!! lol :)