Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

for all those people who think the easterly to north easterly wont be as good!

This radar clearly shows how easy showers formed over last feburarys easterly and the sea was colder then!

Hope you all know what im talking about! :)

Posted

This radar clearly shows how easy showers formed over last feburarys easterly and the sea was colder then!

Hope you all know what im talking about! smile.gif

Hi, do you have dates for that Easterly please, just so i can check the archives :)

How much snow you got now, going out to do a measure in a bit :)

Posted

Yet again no fun for Leeds!!!

How can you say yet again ? I have 27cm of lying snow in NE Leeds !!! How much do you need ?

Posted

Hope you all know what im talking about! :)

Hopefully a top up in the next few days mate :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

snowing very heavily in hull againclap.gif

And Hull seems a light-year away...

Edited by rikki

Posted

Hi, do you have dates for that Easterly please, just so i can check the archives :)

How much snow you got now, going out to do a measure in a bit :good:

That was monday morning on the 2nd feb 2009! and we had 5-6cm in like 1hour with that shower!

Still leveld at 16cm here with odd 17cm :)

Posted

That was monday morning on the 2nd feb 2009! and we had 5-6cm in like 1hour with that shower!

Still leveld at 16cm here with odd 17cm smile.gif

Lost a cm of snow here, which is odd because if it had melted slightly you would expect a hard or crusted top. Yet there is none. Unless its being blow about with it being powdery. Will go and measure in some other places later!

Posted

If you use this site

xcweather.co.uk if gives accurate upto date readings, at Brid it was 2 degrees not so long since. What impressed me was that manchester airport was -11 at 11 o clock!!! Hope this help you a bit.

Thanks for that. It amazes me that there are no official stations from Bridlington right up to Fylingdales. Especially with a town the size of Scarborough. We always get different weather to Brid and Fylingdales being inbetween the NYM and The Yorkshire wolds.

Temp now showing 4.8C and there does'nt seem to be a major thaw so must be wrong.

Lewis - Did'nt you have a problem like this recently? Did you get it figured out?

Does anybody reckon we will get any heavy snow here in Scarborough today? As i said just light showers so far.

Posted

Here was the Feb Easterly

post-6181-12628678439552_thumb.png

And the predicted one

post-6181-12628679459052_thumb.png

Not as good, i still expect some showers for our region. However only light and scattered giving a few cm's in places. smile.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Here was the Feb Easterly

post-6181-12628678439552_thumb.png

And the predicted one

post-6181-12628679459052_thumb.png

Not as good, i still expect some showers for our region. However only light and scattered giving a few cm's in places. smile.gif

with the sea being 2-3c warmer than febuary it could be nearly the same mate! alot of suprises im guessing :good:

Posted

Thanks for that. It amazes me that there are no official stations from Bridlington right up to Fylingdales. Especially with a town the size of Scarborough. We always get different weather to Brid and Fylingdales being inbetween the NYM and The Yorkshire wolds.

Temp now showing 4.8C and there does'nt seem to be a major thaw so must be wrong.

Lewis - Did'nt you have a problem like this recently? Did you get it figured out?

Does anybody reckon we will get any heavy snow here in Scarborough today? As i said just light showers so far.

Hi Mate, no heavy snow today for us.Maybe some tomorrow but latest beeb forecast showed rain here. Not

looking good.

Posted

with the sea being 2-3c warmer than february it could be nearly the same mate! alot of suprises im guessing smile.gif

We shall see, i can't see widespread heavy showers, just some light scattered (but fairly frequent) snow showers getting someway inland. A few cm's in places keeping people nicely topped up. Then turning drier as we head into the new working week with perhaps a few flurries. Not much of a thaw away from the coasts and remaining very cold. That's my view of things :cold:

Posted

Hi Mate, no heavy snow today for us.Maybe some tomorrow but latest beeb forecast showed rain here. Not

looking good.

Really! I didn't expect that. I'll be surprised if we get rain. Even with my temp being wrong @ 3.9C now the dew point is still 0.2C. So it must be well below 0.

We'll see I suppose!

We've got a pigging gas leak here so It might be a cold night tonight if they don't get it fixed! :cold:

Posted

Heavy snow on and off this morning in Spalding South Lincs - wind whipping it about - bitter cold

has been a decent morning for snow i think, chances of anymore today?

Posted

Have heavy snow here following bright sunshine for most of the morning I wasn't expecting this :whistling:

Edited by lizziek

Posted

Have heavy snow here following bright sunshine for most of the morning I wasn't expecting this smile.gif

Looking out the window at work in Leeds that cloud and snow looks so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

funny thing happening here, first clouds of the day... lower ones seem to be moving NW higher darker ones N NE bizarre.

Posted

What do people think that nice collection of snow that is moving southwards from scotland will do when it meets the showers coming in from the east? Is it likely to stay on course over me or pick up some motion to the South west?

Thanks