Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Righty, i'm off to bed.

Goodnight everyone.

Posted

Ok, Night Brian!

Night Stelmer.

Fingers crossed for some snow overnight and tomorrow!

Rob

Posted

Ok, Night Brian!

Night Stelmer.

Fingers crossed for some snow overnight and tomorrow!

Rob

Going by the NMM, I think you'll do better than I will tomorrow. I think it will be dry and sunny where I am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Just waking myself up with a nice coffe and a check of the radar, theres a rather large arc just clipping Grimsby at the moment. Does anyone think it will push far enough inland to give s.yorks a bit more? otherwise looking like quite a boring day for me..Mind you getting to school with the baby in tow is a nightmare at the moment.. and here I am wishing for more snow.

Posted

Just waking myself up with a nice coffe and a check of the radar, theres a rather large arc just clipping Grimsby at the moment. Does anyone think it will push far enough inland to give s.yorks a bit more? otherwise looking like quite a boring day for me..Mind you getting to school with the baby in tow is a nightmare at the moment.. and here I am wishing for more snow.

Its difficult to say really, as it wasnt actually forecast to be as far North as it is. The latest NMM model run suggests it will clip East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire before petering out and moving south, however already the arc of precipitation is further North than even that. It'll just come to nowcasting and radar watching I think.

It has been a rather cold night with a min temp of -3.7C. It was still -3.5C when I left for work at 6am despite cloudover increasing as the precipitation approaches. There had been some light graupel overnight which had covered over areas that had thawed yesterday.

Posted

well it looks like the LP went south but its just started snowing here drinks.gif hope to get something from this LPwhistling.gif

well after 10mins of snow its stoped radar shows more but i think this is going to be a none event for humber wallbash.gif

Edited by clee_snow

Posted

Good Morning all. Snowing quite heavily here in Grimsby at the moment. Had another covering in the night so now have approx 6cms. Not bad for this area. Temps not been too bad - a low of -1.6C, currently -0.7C

Posted

snow flurries over night, as yet nothing falling here.Looking at the radar it looks like we may miss out on the heavy stuff as the low pressure seems to be pushing the main band of PPN into the wash southwards. there is more snow on the northern edge of the low but it looks marginal to me, best we can hope for is for the snow to come in on regular showers.Current conditions:-2°CRealfeel®-12°CPartly CloudyHumidity: 86%Dew Point: -4° C Pressure: 1010 mbVisibility: 16 kmLO

Posted

Heavy snow pellets now here. :D

Same here falling quite heavy, Be nice to see some big flakes of snow though!!...........Oh as i speak the gods have produced, almost blizzard like conditions due to the wind strength.

Posted

We have had about 45minutes now of quite heavy snow at times here. Looking at the radar there is a chance we might see snow for a little while longer. Does anyone know if the prospects for tomorrow and the weekend are still looking good for our area?

Posted

We have had about 45minutes now of quite heavy snow at times here. Looking at the radar there is a chance we might see snow for a little while longer. Does anyone know if the prospects for tomorrow and the weekend are still looking good for our area?

the snow had stoped wallbash.gif but more snow here rolleyes.gif phew

Posted

Nothing doing in Lincoln this morning - blue skies and a very sharp frost. I've been lucky enough to have this week as leave but will be back at work next Monday morning and the current forecast for that is rain! So an end to the cold snap by the end of the weekend?

Posted

Look North are forecasting snow for pretty much most of the day over a lot of the region - I wonder how accurate they will be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Snowing lightly here now too ..

and thundering !

BL :lol:

Posted

we have heavy snow hope it heeps updrinks.gif .this LP has added about 2cm to the 3cm i hadyahoo.gif