Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Coming down really quickly here in Newbury, Berkshire and backed up the NW radar, a good half an hour or so more yet I would imagine. It's heavy but the its real snow grains pardon.gif

AT 0.4c and DP bang on 0c.

Snowy Cheers

STORMBOY

Posted

looks like the southern extent of that ppn is fizzlin out !!

fingers crossed it will pick back up as it gets closer, the northern end seems to be peppin up a bit so fingers crossed it will ripple down to the southern end lol

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

Littlehampton here.

Just drizzle in the wind

Maybe will modify if it gets inland at Arundel service station into a Mcflurry.

I sense a channel low in the coming weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Attempting a screen grab/link for those that may not believe me.

http://www.netweathe...74421f343fec73c

Also,

Edited by STORMBOY

Posted

Littlehampton here.

Just drizzle in the wind

Maybe will modify if it gets inland at Arundel service station into a Mcflurry.

I sense a channel low in the coming weeks.

Love the McFlurry! Reckon that's all i am going to be able to hope for. Watch what you wish for. A channel low will surely bring us more rain.:D

PS. Why is it that you cross the railway bridge into Arundel and go straight into the arctic?

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

links broken i think mate or ya have to be a subscriber

Subscriber to what? I have NW radar access but cant replicate a screen grab for the good folk in here.

Coming down well now for over 20 minutes and settling.

STORMBOY

Posted

nah what i ment was it takes ya to the nw extra page

well looking at the radar it seems i was right the southern end of the pnn has died off :whistling: lol

straight past to our north lol DOH !!!

Posted

oh well, cant show you lot what i'm getting. ooeer missus air_kiss.gif by we're getting a good top up and who knows happens next. Incidentally my fathers memories of 62/63 were that the SNOW often came in the overnight period while clear by day, so maybe this is a good omen for the rest of winter to come drinks.gif

STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Yes indeed - it seems to be almost snowing everywhere in the majority of the threads except this one lol!!

Posted

well looking at the radar it seems i was right the southern end of the pnn has died off :wallbash: lol

straight past to our north lol DOH !!!

Those blank blank Downs again!!!!!! I should have known but hope springs eternal when snow is around. Oh so sad now. :cray:

WooHoo! Don't believe it, radar not showing it but light snow now falling!!!:yahoo: Probaly only a small shower but hope lives again.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Good news! I think the radar doesn't always show things up - read about it on another thread but can't remember why! Well, will it come this way I wonder.... if it does I hope it hurries as I'm off to bed shortly!

Posted

According to the radar we're at the back end of the second wave of snow now. So far the snow's been light and rather wet here and has given the cars a slight dusting. But the radar does show a hint of a Thames streamer, so who knows what's next...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Evening All

Snow has just arrived in Andover this last few mins and has gone from nothing to jusy below moderate although flakes are a bit granular.

Seems to be pepping up as it travels West. Just off outside for a true visual . I may be gone sometime.

Cheers

Edited by flyer

Posted

Evening Flyer, light snow just arrived in Horndean about 6 miles north of Portsmouth.

Posted

Hiya,

They are a little grainy up here and dying off now. Still a nice surprise though!

Posted

Evening Flyer, light snow just arrived in Horndean about 6 miles north of Portsmouth.

Hello slb

Good to hear that. Still granular here quite unexpected so just goes to show all to play for over the coming days if synoptics hold up.

Main bulk seems off the Thames estuary ENE direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Surprised to see some moderate snow in Reading, a fresh light covering on cars here! rolleyes.gif Still snowing.

Posted

Great! Think south of the M4 is quite patchy in nature hence the tiniest of sprinkling we're getting here right at the bottom (it's stopped now) - still didn't expect to get even that!

Posted

Hiya,

They are a little grainy up here and dying off now. Still a nice surprise though!

Yep, not sure if it's still snowing now as I went out into back garden in just my T-shirt (& jeans obviously!) twas rather nippy... though the snow was still melting off my roof & driping down... dry.gif

Posted

Great! Think south of the M4 is quite patchy in nature hence the tiniest of sprinkling we're getting here right at the bottom (it's stopped now) - still didn't expect to get even that!

Looking at the radar it appears to be advecting off the Eastbourne coast. Leading and trailing edges more intense. Interesting to see what gets generated off the Dover straights and up through the Wash.

Posted

Yep, not sure if it's still snowing now as I went out into back garden in just my T-shirt (& jeans obviously!) twas rather nippy... though the snow was still melting off my roof & driping down... dry.gif

lol! the snow may be coming off your roof due to central heating - our neighbours is doing that. Still going up here but such tiny tiny flakes and lots of them. No...wait...they're getting a bit bigger again !!

Thanks flyer - sorry to sound stupid but what does advection mean?

Just seen a fox running down the road bless him!

Someone on the south west thread just posted:

"Oh no, just as I feared, Dorset is in the firing line according to the NAE, just as it was on the +48 a week ago!!

All you fellow Dorseters know what that means don't you? sad.gif A last minute detour to the Isle of Bl**dy Wight again! biggrin.gif Or... maybe, *crosses ABSOLUTELY everything*, just maybe - it means we have missed out so far in order to receive the motherload! ohmy.gif Or maybe not... "

Would be good to get more this week but as Dorset hasn't got any so far I hope it works out for them!