Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion.

Posted

hello can anyone tell me if they can open the meteocie web site because i cant ,thanks

Posted

Just went to the local waitrose here in Haslemere, they opened at 1 due to powercut. It was complete carnage n there, people fighting for milk and bread, the shelves are bare now. 1 and a half foot here and no sign of thawing, cars abandoned everywhere.

yeah was like that in the supermarket I work in yesterday, the car park was like an ice rink, cars sliding everywhere, people slipping about because Tunbridge Wells Borough Council couldn't be arsed to grit the car park. We have no salt, bread or eggs in stock because the distribution centres have none in stock either! So many empty shelves, some woman bought 12 loaves yesterday - we should've really put a limit on! Do you really need 12 loaves?!

Posted

Befofe I shoot off I just want to explain whats happening to my fellow Peterborough members.

So far today due to the positioning of the LP system we have seen NW/N,ly flow. This means the snow showers have to travel along Lincs before reaching here. This is why many lose their intensity. However this afternoon/evening the LP system tracks SSW and as it does so our winds veer NNE/NE/ENE,ly. This means come this afternoon any showers will travel through the wash. This means the showers will be heavier due to less travel over land.

I actually think come later this afternoon into this evening we shall see an increase of snow shower activity. At the moment there is a distinct line of showers running from the wash to the N Sea. Keep an eye on this to see if it widens because later this may move into our region.

P.S Don't blame me if im wrong!

Thanks TEITS, much appreciated :nonono:

Mrs F x

Posted

No, I can't get on either. Just get the 'unable to connect' message.

thank you for letting me know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

As usual the Met Office use the old "El Nino" and/or "Lower Jet Stream" chess nuts to explain the current severe winter completely contradicting their initial forecast of a mild one. Piers Cobyn and his colleagues predicted a very cold Winter back in October, 2009 focusing on solar activity.WeatherAction.com

If you forecast cold winters every year like Corbyn does, you are bound to be right once every so often. that does not make him a genius!

You'll find after every major weather event that it was something Corbyn had predicted. Trouble is...you try and find what he predicts BEFORE it happens!

Posted

Dave, for the last few days people have been saying " we will get some tomorrow or some in a few days time" or " watch the radar it's coming", like this morning . well tomorrow comes and goes with us seeing bugger all so does the few days. Can you see why I starting to think that we will see nothing of any siginificance?

Seriously I am thinking we may be one of the only places in the UK that does not see laying snow from this!!!

When you recieve bad news from the hospital like I have today you begin to realise how unimportant snow actually is!

Sorry mate but im not in the mood for any moaning today. Some places have seen heavy snow showers but such is the nature of showers they are hit and miss.

Posted

I am at London Bridge at the moment in the office and the sky has taken on that very stormy convective look. Might get a few suprises this afternoon, look at this mornings snow in Kent, not forecast, not even on Radar until 1/2 hour before it started.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just went to the local waitrose here in Haslemere, they opened at 1 due to powercut. It was complete carnage n there, people fighting for milk and bread, the shelves are bare now. 1 and a half foot here and no sign of thawing, cars abandoned everywhere.

Just over an inch in South Walmart Ferrers and still they panic buy, no milk in asda...lucky for me we have goats milk anyway!post-642-12628728343652_thumb.jpg

Edited by moogyboobles

Posted

When you recieve bad news from the hospital like I have today you begin to realise how unimportant snow actually is!

Sorry mate but im not in the mood for any moaning today. Some places have seen heavy snow showers but such is the nature of showers they are hit and miss.

Sorry to hear you've had bad news

Posted

Very black skies all around but nothing on radar hmmm

tbh it looks like a summer storm brewing to my NW it's so black!

Yeah same here. The sun has been owned! Looks very storm like. Perhaps it's the low moving in?

Very dark skies, but nothing on the Raintoday radar (Not sure how accurate that thing is?)Perhaps just heavy cloud and no PPN.

Still a definite NW/SE flow with the clouds as well.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

I've just driven back from the Ilse of Wight and what a stunning drive it was! Deep deep snow across a beautiful wintery countryside. Absolutely gobsmaked by some of the depths of snow I've seen across parts of hampshire and west Sussex!

What a fantastic cold spell! With more promised and the weekend nearly here. If I never see naother cold snap in my lifetime I will allways have the memories of this epic winter wonderland!

WOOP and indeed WOOP again!

Posted

Hi Tetis

Sorry you have had bad news- keep your pecker up

Regards

Posted

Afternoon everybody, just got back from work, no deliveries went out today, wise considering the heavy fall of snow mid morning that we were'nt expecting. Looks like another band is coming in over the north downs as it is very dark over towards the Isle of Sheppey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Och well?? Part 39 is imminent...

New thread here: