Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion.

Posted

Note to Optimus Prime - don't be rude to me. That was completely uncalled for. My observations can be confirmed by one other resident of South Woodham who posts regularly. We got 20 minutes snow, 7 minutes of moderate PPN in the middle. Total laid 0.5cm as measured on my bare car roof.

Light snow currently blowing about in South Woodham, slightly larger than dandruff in size.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

COPIED OVER FROM PREVIOUS THREAD...

Note to Admins: To save trawling thorugh hundreds of pages today, is anybody able to provide a comprehensive breakdown on todays weather proceedings? Will the polar low develop?, PPN forecasts, timings, temps etc.

Would be really nice if this could be pinned to the top of each page also.

Thks in anticipation,

Shaun

Posted

c2c are still running of course so can't blame them on being late this morning - decent fall over last hour here. On train now and seems a touch worse in Leigh than Westcliff.

Posted

Quite happy now this morning, woke up to at least 3 inches of powdery snow, also cant beleive work just got cancelled as we have no water as all the pipes have frozen :wallbash::yahoo: Just build a snowman in my works carpark as well!

Posted

End of this shower now and a thin patch of blue sky visible - But behinf this Another Snow shower heading in!

Paul S

Posted

Looks like the low off the Norfolk coast (blood pretty as well - check sat images) is dragging PPN in off the N.Sea and sending the showers inland in a SE direction to me?

Posted

Morning!

Lovely bright blue sky here this morning. I see that quite a few showers have skirted by to the East of us this morning and will likely continue to do so.

Temp currently -2.1c and dewpoint of -4.1c

We got down to a low of -5.6c last night.

Posted

Note to Optimus Prime - don't be rude to me. That was completely uncalled for. My observations can be confirmed by one other resident of South Woodham who posts regularly.

You weren't just talking about your area, you were referring to the band itself giving 'dandruff'. Some areas could get quite a bit from this so I understand your frustration that you won't get anything, but other people will.

Posted

Thanks to the mod who posts the link to the new thread. Not all mods do but it helps for those on iphones and other mobile devices.

Posted

we have 1cm of snow 6 miles SW of the M20!! :wallbash: I think that is more to do with ice.

yea you right,salt cant be doing much though,must be nippy then :yahoo:

Posted

I have been looking for that as well, reckon you are about right with the -6 estimate though.

Any idea what we can expect in MK snow wise for today, as usual there seems to be difference of opinion depending on who's forecast you listen to!

And what about Sunday/Monday are we in the fireing line for 'the beast from the East' too?

Hi,

As usual whether it will snow is anyones guess, but I would not rule out the odd flurry here and there as the snow showers currently affecting East Anglia could travel further inland, but the current N/NE wind may make it difficult.

As with all easterlies, it depends on how far inland it travels, IMO I think MK is in a prime position for most snow situations, whether from the South, East or North. THe predicted strong easterly wind will definitely help!

Also, with a further 10 days of cold predicted, I think we are in with a chance of seeing further snow showers and possible organised heavy snow events.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

c2c are still running of course so can't blame them on being late this morning - decent fall over last hour here. On train now and seems a touch worse in Leigh than Westcliff.

It has just dawned on me that there have been no buses running down here to East Beach for the last hour. Not that I've seen anyway. They normally run this bit about every 20mins. They have been whats been keeping my little road clear up till now, as its been gritted well being a bus route. In fact cars getting fewer and fewer. :yahoo:

No let up at all here, and I would say about 3cm on our wall, which was basically clear an hour ago. I reckon we should be hearing about midday school closures very soon in this area. :yahoo:

Edit as I type this a bus has just crawled down the road. :wallbash:

Posted

Here's a 9.41 MetO update, if you haven't seen it:

London & South East England: Brighton + Hove

E Sussex

Kent

Medway

Surrey

W Sussex

Heavy Snow 1145 Thu 7 1800 Thu 7

Outbreaks of locally heavy snow are likely to give accumulations of up to 5 cm in places. Showers will ease this evening but roads and pavements will remain icy.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 0941 Thu 7 Jan

Posted

880-660-METE_RGB-12-12-1_europa1500m-ano_1001070945.gif

Looks like is heading in an WSW direction towards Norfolk atm?

Looks a real beast as well.

Which should bring those further W in our region into play, as showers spin off its Northern flank?

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
You weren't just talking about your area, you were referring to the band itself giving 'dandruff'.

Rubbish. I never do that. I nearly always refer to my area, and I certainly didn't use the word "band" - go back and read the post again. You do not accurately recollect what I said.

Some areas could get quite a bit from this so I understand your frustration that you won't get anything, but other people will.

There is no need to patronise me and be rude all over again. Snowfall here is now approaching a "notable" depth. Very satisfied, as long as people don't continue to claim I'm getting/going to get 3cm when I'm predicting correctly that this region will only get 1cm max.

Don't need to prove myself but blow up the Met Office 9.30 radar - shows Southend/Eastern tip under yellows and South Woodham under greens.

Now I don't want to hear another word from you to me on this - over, I don't hold grudges unless you're Hitler. Let's enjoy the snow!

Posted

According to guy on BBC News from Met Office, there is no pattern in these cold winters, it's a 'random thing'.

Oh god, he can't help but boast at how well they predicted this snow and advised the army to be on standby on the A3

snow started here

Edited by maidstone weather