Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion.

Posted

This is the M20 near J8 or J9.

post-7342-12628583776752_thumb.jpg

As you can see, heavy snow and road is closed........ (Nearly whiteout)

Must be closer to J8 as the gap between J8 and J9 is 13 miles(J8 being south Maidstone and J9 is North Ashford) Sunny here closer to J10(South Ashford) which is another 2.5 miles south.

Posted

Feel a bit lonely here, has anyone else not got any snow ?? :drinks:

I know - depressing isn't it. The Cambridgeshire snow-shield working wonders again today!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Holy Crap!!

I was out in the fields since 6.30am this morning doing photography , some huge drifts up there.. On the way back i got hit by a snowstorm and couldn't see very well at all , struggled to get back

never seen anything like it :drinks: :drinks:

Posted

Note to Optimus Prime - don't be rude to me. That was completely uncalled for. My observations can be confirmed by one other resident of South Woodham who posts regularly. We got 20 minutes snow, 7 minutes of moderate PPN in the middle. Total laid 0.5cm as measured on my bare car roof.

Light snow currently blowing about in South Woodham, slightly larger than dandruff in size.

ATF, using CM3 which I believe is South Woodham as postcode at about 08:20 light snow started then at about 09:35 it stopped.

However the difference being, you quite literally missed the heavier PPN during that entire period (yellow's and oranges on the radar I am using)

However for SS9 for Leigh on Sea, at 08:55 snow started, almost immediately became heavier and stayed in a heavier band, then even heavier (orange) for a time. What has then happened up to 10:00 on the radar is SS9 has stayed in heavier band for a longer period of time.

Hope that helps explain what happened, it seems SWF got unlucky.

Posted

What is it with people taking posts and claiming they've said something they hadn't, think some on here need glasses

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Line of snow seems to have developed over the north downs and is moving south across here now:

post-1052-12628590274852_thumb.pngpost-1052-12628593495552_thumb.png

SNOW GETTING HEAVIER

Posted

According to guy on BBC News, there is no pattern in these cold winters, it's a 'random thing'.

Oh god, he can't help but boast at how well they predicted this snow and advised the army to be on standby on the A3

snow started here

There's a definite pattern I see - winter's normally cold :drinks:drunk.gif

Posted

I don't understand how the showers off the North Sea coming into Lincolnshire and Yorkshire don't fizzle away when they move inland, but they do when they come into the Wash. It's amazing how they are not making an impact in Cambridgeshire. We should be getting hammered!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

According to guy on BBC News, there is no pattern in these cold winters, it's a 'random thing'.

Oh god, he can't help but boast at how well they predicted this snow and advised the army to be on standby on the A3

snow started here

What do you expect from the met office? Yesterday the head of the met office still insisted that global warming was still taking place even though the official data shows a cooling trend since 2002!

Posted

ATF, using CM3 which I believe is South Woodham as postcode at about 08:20 light snow started then at about 09:35 it stopped.

However the difference being, you quite literally missed the heavier PPN during that entire period (yellow's and oranges on the radar I am using)

However for SS9 for Leigh on Sea, at 08:55 snow started, almost immediately became heavier and stayed in a heavier band, then even heavier (orange) for a time. What has then happened up to 10:00 on the radar is SS9 has stayed in heavier band for a longer period of time.

Perfect Summary - My Postcode is Indeed SS9

And it stopped at exactly the time you said - God Netweather Radar is good :drinks:

Now crystal Clear Blue Skies and Sun coming out, love these Convective Days down here!

Posted

Those showers do seem to be peping up the further south they come.

Guest archiesmummy

I know - depressing isn't it. The Cambridgeshire snow-shield working wonders again today!!

whave snow on the ground but nothing else yet...no idea if its due...sky is very grey...fingers crossed!

Posted

Booo. Sun is about to make an apperance after 1hr of heavy snow.

Everyone in Kent should have the same as we did I think... Heads up!

Anyone care to comment on the sat images of the low and what its going to bring today?

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

I don't understand how the showers off the North Sea coming into Lincolnshire and Yorkshire don't fizzle away when they move inland, but they do when they come into the Wash. It's amazing how they are not making an impact in Cambridgeshire. We should be getting hammered!

Its probably because of where the low is, once it gets a little further south the bands of snow that are further north should start to come a little further south towards you guys hopefully!

Posted

Wow, thanks for that info, very interesting. Sorry folks, I'm not on a "wind-up". Even though we got unlucky - although I don't think it's a coincidence, the dry-moderate-heavy pattern - I would give up an inch on top of what I have for slinky getting some there in Norfolk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Clear and calm here at the moment in Eastbourne, but I can see the large cloud base of the LOW to the North (about 20 miles away I guess). I reckon snow in about 3 hours or maybe less! drinks.gif

Posted

Its probably because of where the low is, once it gets a little further south the bands of snow that are further north should start to come a little further south towards you guys hopefully!

Based on that, longish wait here in Herts!:lol:

Posted

Been snowing here for around an hour now and probably had around another 2cms. Difficult to say as it is blowing around a lot. This really has been a cracking start to the day. Reckon here in Iwade we now have around 5 inches and with the temp at -2.4c and heavy snow, this is the coldest it has been whilst snowing in the last 6 years since living here!!

James

Guest archiesmummy

hi KW I dont know if you remember but i told our snow yesterday to head your way and it did! anything for lil ol me today?

Posted

Seems to be quite a clear slot coming into a Lot of Essex now, but things could change as the Low pulls Southwards and the orientation of the showers change, but for now nuch much happening in SW, S & SE Essex for an hour or so.

Paul S

Posted

I fully suspect like with all Polar Low activity the band will weaken considerably as it passes southwards inland but the east looks like retaining it's heavy snow.

Edited by Optimus Prime