Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion.

Posted

Working from home today because of the icy roads - office is in Sydenham - and Gravesend is alternating between sunny skies and heavy snow flurries! Sent my youngest to school on the bus this morning and he called to say they are closing at 240 - 20 mins early!! Can anyone give an update please on the predictions for Friday/Saturday for this part, as I need to get my boys to Canterbury. Thank you!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

My sister's school is closing !

Still snowing :whistling:

Posted

Morning mate, it will be here much quicker than that, slightly decaying now but still there, should be here within the hour.

All over my gritted road!!! :whistling: Cheers Jas :yahoo:

Posted

People in Kent are just being greedy. Send some this way please....

I could load you a 20 tonne lorry now if you want?haulage costs apply though,might as well let mother nature deliver it,delivery times vary with her ,but she can spread it about nice and evenly,and not leave it in one big heap,non snow loving neighbors might be a tad upset with 20 tonnes of snow sitting in the road :whistling:

Edited by TN9

Posted

People in Kent are just being greedy. Send some this way please....

You must have just missed it. Apparently was snow in Bromley quite hard in last hour, I'd make that about 4-5 miles at most!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

All over my gritted road!!! whistling.gif Cheers Jas good.gif

You have grit on your roads blink.gif

Not even seen a gritting lorry here, MK councils salt is so low they are only going the main grid roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

50 mins of snow, still going lol

Yeh same! LOVE IT!

Posted

Had a heavy spell of snow for the past hour here in mid-Kent, was particulary heavy or 45 minutes but has eased of slightly in the past 15 minutes.

Posted

Suns out and Bournes Green and Eastwood schools have just said they are closing, haha

Mine are @ Fairways in Leigh and the headmaster would have to have 30ft drifts to send them home or close the school :whistling::yahoo: That one is not on the list I take it!

Posted

Not entirely sure what's wrong with the BBC graphics? They are bone dry, very odd. Apparently there will be no snow across East Anglia or the SE at all during this afternoon on the new graphics. Even John Hammond has realised there is something wrong - a dodgy 06z NAE perhaps?

Posted

Clearing to the North, can see some Blue(ish) Sky heading down the Medway, soon be at Maidstone!

Looks like a window before the next showers within the hour. (Anyone got a subscription Radar to confirm??)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Mine are @ Fairways in Leigh and the headmaster would have to have 30ft drifts to send them home or close the school rofl.gifrofl.gif That one is not on the list I take it!

lol, no mate, they havent mentioned The Fairways.....doesnt look like we have anything heading our way for a while

Posted

Not entirely sure what's wrong with the BBC graphics? They are bone dry, very odd. Apparently there will be no snow across East Anglia or the SE at all during this afternoon on the new graphics. Even John Hammond has realised there is something wrong - a dodgy 06z NAE perhaps?

He said his clicker thingy wasn't working?

Jan

Posted

Clearing to the North, can see some Blue(ish) Sky heading down the Medway, soon be at Maidstone!

Looks like a window before the next showers within the hour. (Anyone got a subscription Radar to confirm??)

Yeah turning lighter here now too. Still it was fun while it lasted :(

hiradarzoomv42-1.png

He said his clicker thingy wasn't working?

Jan

He did indeed, but it did work eventually. However, that would've been the first airing of the 06z NAE model which looks bone dry!

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

All over my gritted road!!! :( Cheers Jas :(

Youuu love it! Gives you another excuse to get out in the snow again, Be here in half an hour, you can see the clouds building to the north of us, not sure if it will be that heavy now but maybe an hours worth with a little extra bump thats developed behind the main (small) band.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Does anyone think the showers pushing south from east anglia look quite light at the moment? Cant quite see where this 5cm is meant to come from.

Posted

Does look quiet on the radar bar that band clearing Kent and a few rogue showers in Suffolk and Essex.

No more organised bands showing, that's for sure.

Not looking good.

Edited by LeighShrimper