Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion.

Posted

The radio & tv forecasters are rubbish . they promised snow for london within 2 hours at 8am . Now 10:30. Nothing.

Snow looked threatening for the past hour but have now come under a rather clear slot here in SW London/Surrey. Can see plenty of shower activity way to my east from my vantage, which ties in with reports of snow from posters that way. Nothing yet but potential for fairly rapid evolution in this sort of set up. And if you see my post earlier re the updated MetO warning, that sets a start time of 11.45. Their rush hour warning yesterday was excellent, despite it looking very unlikely shortly before the 'event'.

Hello to all

Im in NW London (Harrow) ive got arount 15-18cm lying! Temp right now is -6 Sunny spells with clouds and looks like more snow to come for me today. Anyone know how much i could be getting?

Thanks

Rajeev

Ps I also have had 2 days of school yday i got off and today hopefully tomrrow aswell!

Edited by Rajeev Samant

Posted

That low doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Just meandering around 100 miles of the N.Norfolk coast.

To me, if anything it looks like it's heading WSW rather than S :acute:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
:acute:

Posted

It has just dawned on me that there have been no buses running down here to East Beach for the last hour. Not that I've seen anyway. They normally run this bit about every 20mins. They have been whats been keeping my little road clear up till now, as its been gritted well being a bus route. In fact cars getting fewer and fewer. :acute:

No let up at all here, and I would say about 3cm on our wall, which was basically clear an hour ago. I reckon we should be hearing about midday school closures very soon in this area. :yahoo:

Edit as I type this a bus has just crawled down the road. :)

That's the same road that goes right by my house, Eve! And I just heard a bus go by. I'm sure the buses are in cahoots, because every time I get in the car and am about to reverse out one comes along and pulls up at the bus stop opposite or the one outside my neighbour's house (or both) and I have to wait until they pull away - and then wait while the old biddies cross the road. Always in a direct line to my driveway! Yet when I am rushing to get to the station and wait for a bus there are never any.

Anyway, back on topic... :) The shower stream seems to have dried up a bit for the moment looking at the radar, but with that potent low just off Norfolk I am pretty sure there is far more to come.

I need to get to Kent either tomorrow evening or on Saturday, returning late evening. Question is, which day is likely to be less disrupted by the weather or leave me possibly stranded. Thoughts, anyone?

Posted

Ohhh snowballs.

Picking the lad up at 12:00 now as they have finally decided to close his school. After being only one of three open in Southend.

There goes the radar watching this afternoon! :acute:

Posted

Beautiful sunny start to the day after blizzard conditions last night, the icy small stuff which hurts when it hits you. Can see a bunch of cloud north of me, presumably the snow-bearing stuff which is currently hitting the Ashford / Maidstone / Tunbridge Wells peeps.

More snow. Yum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Ohhh snowballs.

Picking the lad up at 12:00 now as they have finally decided to close his school. After being only one of three open in Southend.

There goes the radar watching this afternoon! wallbash.gif

What school is he at?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Clear and calm here at the moment in Eastbourne, but I can see the large cloud base of the LOW to the North (about 20 miles away I guess). I reckon snow in about 3 hours or maybe less! drinks.gif

Morning mate, it will be here much quicker than that, slightly decaying now but still there, should be here within the hour.

Heres the most recent radar attached

post-157-12628608834652_thumb.txt

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

That's the same road that goes right by my house, Eve! And I just heard a bus go by. I'm sure the buses are in cahoots, because every time I get in the car and am about to reverse out one comes along and pulls up at the bus stop opposite or the one outside my neighbour's house (or both) and I have to wait until they pull away - and then wait while the old biddies cross the road. Always in a direct line to my driveway! Yet when I am rushing to get to the station and wait for a bus there are never any.

Anyway, back on topic... :acute: The shower stream seems to have dried up a bit for the moment looking at the radar, but with that potent low just off Norfolk I am pretty sure there is far more to come.

I need to get to Kent either tomorrow evening or on Saturday, returning late evening. Question is, which day is likely to be less disrupted by the weather or leave me possibly stranded. Thoughts, anyone?

yes I think I was just so pre occupied with the snow I didn't notice them. Seen at least another 2 number 9's since..

It's a hard one to call about travelling. I am due to travel to Ware in Hertfordshire Sat and back Sun. Going to wait until the day to see how it is. I have the same concern about getting stranded.

Just need that low to head into our area and not drift in another direction and we should be in for some more. Fingers crossed and lots of radar watching for the next hour. :)

Posted

Looking pretty quiet on the radar. Let's hope this is the calm before some heavy showers after lunch.

Posted

Hamstel in Southchurch.

Funny I thought you would say that as they just said it was shutting on BBC Essex......

Posted

Funny I thought you would say that as they just said it was shutting on BBC Essex......

Yeah. It's a joke really. Not in my day and all that.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can palm him off on the in-laws, so I can get back on the radar watch!! :whistling:

Then again. May head down Paul S neck off the woods and get the sledge out on Belton Hills! :yahoo:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Ohhh snowballs.

There goes the radar watching this afternoon! :whistling:

my sons is at Shoebury High and they were open. Half expecting him to appear back by lunchtime though. Get out there and enjoy it then with him :yahoo: Either that or teach him what to look for on the radars and get him watching with you lol.

Posted

Hello. After heavy snow here in North Norfolk this morning it has gone really quiet. Is there any chance the showers will become heavier and frequent this afternoon?:yahoo::whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Morning mate, it will be here much quicker than that, slightly decaying now but still there, should be here within the hour.

Heres the most recent radar attached

Cheers for that jasonuk, I think your right, less than a couple of hours and slightly weakening.

Posted

Thanks, Kold. Here's hoping!

so frustrating we have a pathetic 1cm of snow here thats gonna melt if we dont get some cloud cover

trying to stay optimistic but this winter has been awful for snow for us regardless of wind direction

DEEP BREATH

thats better........... its gonna snow today whistling.gif

Posted

Yeah. It's a joke really. Not in my day and all that.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can palm him off on the in-laws, so I can get back on the radar watch!! whistling.gif

Then again. May head down Paul S neck off the woods and get the sledge out on Belton Hills! yahoo.gif

Yeah I went to Heycroft in Eastwood, dont ever remember going home for snow when I was there, we were hard back then, lol