Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion.

Posted

Seems to be quite a clear slot coming into a Lot of Essex now, but things could change as the Low pulls Southwards and the orientation of the showers change, but for now nuch much happening in SW, S & SE Essex for an hour or so.

Paul S

Good because I've gotta head to the station, as far as I'm concerned I'd like an hour dry slot then it can come down again!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Blizzards in Tunbridge Wells centre ... lol. Settling thick on main road outside :lol:

Didn't expect snow to arrive this early today

Posted

After a brief spell of beautiful sunshine, just started snowing lightly here again.

Seems to happen every time hubby goes out to clear the drive:lol: Hmmm, shall I make him stay out there all day?!!:lol:

Posted

Sun is out here now and there are icicles forming on the roof due to snow melt. Amazing, sun been out for just 5 minutes and it must be -3C.

Posted

Incredibly heavy shower in last hour dropped 2cm in 15 minutes flat!! Temp was minus 3 !

Radar suggests just a few sprinkles behind, light flurry now!

That 10 minutes deluge was some of the heaviest snow I've seen in this area! (Shame it didn't last long!!)

Posted

Snowing quite well here in Sawbridgeworth. CM21. Hertfordshire.

Wind is reporting to be coming from North West at the moment. Temperature -3.4°C

Ok so between 3 and 4 inches here in total of past few days is not massive, but it just really reminds me of some good winters of old. Been really impressed so far.

Posted

Up to the heady heights of -4.2 DgC now! Just finished gritting the 100yds or so from my house to the main road in a hope that some people can now drive off our estate. Can I get a rebate back from the local council for the £15.00 we spent on rock salt earlier this week as the yellow bin was empty??

Posted

Will any of the snow fall in East Kent later? I'm hoping so but not sure... If so how much could we expect? Last night we got much more than was predicted.

Posted

Nothing here at all. Had a hours snow yesterday and thats been it. My son been watching the rader and said we keep missing it by just a few miles.

Posted

Snowing quite well here in Sawbridgeworth. CM21. Hertfordshire.

Wind is reporting to be coming from North West at the moment. Temperature -3.4°C

Ok so between 3 and 4 inches here in total of past few days is not massive, but it just really reminds me of some good winters of old. Been really impressed so far.

hi hammer,

do you think it will get into hertford??...jus wondering weather to leave work early or not?

thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

After a brief spell of beautiful sunshine, just started snowing lightly here again.

Seems to happen every time hubby goes out to clear the drive:lol: Hmmm, shall I make him stay out there all day?!!:lol:

lol.. yes lock him out there!

Just out of interest where is Silver End in Essex?

Posted

Someone in the KNOW?

Would i be right in thinking that as the low pulls further south the clump of showers in the north sea will effect the eastern side of Norfolk/ Suffolk and Essex before moving into Kent as at the mo alot of the showers seem to be further inland?

Posted

Will any of the snow fall in East Kent later? I'm hoping so but not sure... If so how much could we expect? Last night we got much more than was predicted.

getting heavier in herne bay...hopefully it's headed your way!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy Snow! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Very heavy snow for last 20 mins or so here in mid-kent. Nice top up to our 10cm following yesterday evening heavy fall

Posted

Its probably because of where the low is, once it gets a little further south the bands of snow that are further north should start to come a little further south towards you guys hopefully!

Thanks, Kold. Here's hoping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Lovely blue skies now. Nearly had a snowday for the children today, radio said at 8.10 the school was closed...10 minutes later it was open again!

really fancied sledging today too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Stopped now , Winters Over :acute: