Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

J10

Posted

No, Atlantic lows are normally assosiated with rain, however the cold air over the UK would mean it would be snow.

( Thats if it actually happens after this coming weekend's drama )

It might be sleet / rain on far western coasts but would only be able to tell closer to the time ( if it even happens )

The current position of the jetstream at +102hrs points to the possibility at some point in the future. But anything that far away should be taken with a pinch of salt ( if possible )

The Newsnight weather just put a massive 5oc over the south west for Sunday....Whhaaaattttt?!

with regards to rain, i was looking at Ians PPN chart: HERE

The circles are rain and there are quite a few about?

Im sure in land its fine, but I think im living in a high risk place: Plymouth will probably get some of the highest rates of PPN, but will it be snow?

We shall see.

Night everyone - Shall be one here tomorrow checking how things are shaping up i think.

Also, am i the only one who is desperate to go out for a run during the day, but cant because its icey? aggressive.gif

Posted

According to BBC, METO, SKY NEWS yes! lol.

Jay,,,, don't count your flakes untill they are layed.......... All around Magor I hope. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

The Newsnight weather just put a massive 5oc over the south west for Sunday....Whhaaaattttt?!

Im sure in land its fine, but I think im living in a high risk place: Plymouth will probably get some of the highest rates of PPN, but will it be snow?

We shall see.

Night everyone - Shall be one here tomorrow checking how things are shaping up i think.

Also, am i the only one who is desperate to go out for a run during the day, but cant because its icey? aggressive.gif

I wasnt referring to the event on Sunday / monday ( ians post )

I was referring to a hypothetical situation we may see over the coming weeks.

Sunday / Monday, is just a upper cold&warm front.

Posted

Hi guys

The (Sunday 12z) continuity of the UKMO-GM might prove of interest..... cold enough, anyone? whistling.gif

Hi everybody...I am fairly new in this forum. I have a couple of questions regarding this charts.

1. What model is it?

2. I see SUN12Z on all the 3 maps +72 then +84 and then +96...what does that mean? When the model has been initialized?

Sorry if they are stupid question, I just would like to understand.

Thanks,

Leo

Posted

Tell me about it! My gym had a new year offer running with £200 off so I went along and signed up for another 12 months on Tuesday and haven't been able to get down there since!

Frustrating isn't it! To be fair I only joined for the steam room and sauna, it's my treat for actually running on a running machine.

Does your gym have tv's? What a fabulous invention! Plug in the headphones and before you know it you have run a couple of kms and watched Corrie :drinks:

Back tot he weather. I would love to put something temp wise now but I have no idea so I am going to make one up so it looks as if I have something of value to add to this thread.

-20! Yes I am shocked. :lol:

Posted

well Bristol is not cooling off rapidly - many urban stations reporting -3 to -4 - it was about a degree cooler this time last night so I am doubting if it will be the coldest night of the winter here.

Yes, agreed - will be interesting to compare with last night!

We shall see.

Hi Paul

The continuing level of regional uncertainty remains an issue and certainly regarding snowfall. For that reason, a UKMO early warning is yet to be issued. Watch this space...

Does your gym have tv's? What a fabulous invention! Plug in the headphones and before you know it you have run a couple of kms and watched Corrie biggrin.gif

Why not Eastenders???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Post number 1002!!! Just realised I've got over 1000 posts. Not sure that's something to celebrate really :p

Night all.

PS temp is -4.9C so yes warmer than Staverton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just hit -10 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Frustrating isn't it! To be fair I only joined for the steam room and sauna, it's my treat for actually running on a running machine.

Does your gym have tv's? What a fabulous invention! Plug in the headphones and before you know it you have run a couple of kms and watched Corrie biggrin.gif

Back tot he weather. I would love to put something temp wise now but I have no idea so I am going to make one up so it looks as if I have something of value to add to this thread.

-20! Yes I am shocked. tease.gif

Yup, stick in the smart key and away ya go. TV screens on the bikes, steps (evil), treadmills and cross trainers. Pretty awesome if you ask me! Can also plug your iPod in and it will bring up the playlists on the screen and being touchscreen you just go from there. All very nice.

Posted

Post number 1002!!! Just realised I've got over 1000 posts. Not sure that's something to celebrate really :p

Night all.

Perhaps we can all celebrate and drink milk as everyone buying it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

-20! Yes I am shocked. tease.gif

LOL! I have no idea either but just looked out of my window and the 8" of snow that was there half an hour ago has all gone so it must be about 15 degrees by now! dirol.gif

Posted

Post number 1002!!! Just realised I've got over 1000 posts. Not sure that's something to celebrate really :lol:

Night all.

:drunk:

temp here -6.3 falling now

I wonder when we will feel warm again :cold:

I have forgotten what 25oc heatwave feels like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Night all... work tomorrow and all that jazz.

Well, working from home, but still.. have to show willing right?! Actually have to go into the office on Monday, that'll be a shock. Coffee is crap to. :drunk:

Ciao

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Down to -9.6C now and the drop off seems to have dropped off, and on that note time for bed - night all!

Posted

-9 now.. so whats the latest snow or no snow for the weekend nobody snow's :drunk:... According to itv we are all going to get rain in the SW turning to snow the further north it goes..

kaz x

Posted

-9 now.. so whats the latest snow or no snow for the weekend nobody snow's :)... According to itv we are all going to get rain in the SW turning to snow the further north it goes..

kaz x

Hi Kazza

I personally I dont follow Itv as I haven't found them very accurate.

Over many yrs,

BBC first then Sky second...Are the one's that do best

Just my opinion over many moon's

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Yup, stick in the smart key and away ya go. TV screens on the bikes, steps (evil), treadmills and cross trainers. Pretty awesome if you ask me! Can also plug your iPod in and it will bring up the playlists on the screen and being touchscreen you just go from there. All very nice.

Oooh yours sounds much nicer than mine. No option to plug in the iPod and we only have individual tv's on the running machines. For bikes, cross trainers (evil...which freak invented those?), rowers etc we can plug in and watch the screens on the wall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Stuck at -6C here for the last 3 hours, too breezy. Hopefully it eases down. If I'm going to have dangerous roads then I may as well have some exciting temps to go with it!

Posted

LOL! I have no idea either but just looked out of my window and the 8" of snow that was there half an hour ago has all gone so it must be about 15 degrees by now! dirol.gif

Lets just make up random numbers then to confuse and annoy people. :)

Posted

I'm a 40 year old woman at the gym, in the evening. Do you not think my life is depressing enough? biggrin.gif

Touche Ma'am, clever-clogs drinks.gif

Lets just make up random numbers then to confuse and annoy people. biggrin.gif

Classic science! (and humour)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Lets just make up random numbers then to confuse and annoy people. biggrin.gif

Shall we? Go on then...... -18 now in the left hand corner of my garden next to the geraniums lol!! yahoo.gif

Posted

Jay Wynne didn't go into the weekend like he did earlier a few times,

maybe thing's still chopping and changing..

For the better or the worse

Edited by dogs32