Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Interesting looking at the Sat pics because there is a huge area of cloud ( E of Scotland) that is moving directly S and looks to hit Norfolk, Cambs later on. Definately worth keeping an eye on for later.

TEITS

Sounds good another 'radar day' then? How do you think SE will do out of this if at all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Interesting looking at the Sat pics because there is a huge area of cloud ( E of Scotland) that is moving directly S and looks to hit Norfolk, Cambs later on. Definately worth keeping an eye on for later.

yes, been looking at that - fingers crossed old boy :cold:

actually you look more likely to be in the firing line - some angry looking stuff in there too!

Edited by stratty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I reckon you will be ok later.

The BBC are suggesting the snow from the Wash will move well inland. They even suggested this snow moving as far SW as Beds/Bucks.

Any chance of it beefing up and consolidating a bit or will it stay as is? Just snowing here now as we are under the innermost sliver of it.

SW direction of the rest of the curl over the Wash looks good so we might get another half hour's worth later on… have to be grateful for any meager flurry we get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Am I right in thinking that the Met Office orange over the whole of the SE today is a little over the top?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

I always wondered that myself so thanks for the info!!

Another day of radar watching for me, although I don't hold out much hope.

Hi anita, yeah im prob gonna be glued to the 5 min radar again all day, so sad! fingers crossed for us all, bit rubbish yesterday.

Posted

Looks like another frustraing day for Londoners, watching snow bands drift by to our West and East. It seems the only direction that deliveres here is an ENE or a straight Easterly.

wallbash.gif

Yep - even a straight easterly can be iffy. The ENEly is the one for our location - lob it all along the Thames! Not today though...

Am I right in thinking that the Met Office orange over the whole of the SE today is a little over the top?

Ice.

Guest archiesmummy

morning all

just seen BBC weather and weekend looks not so good...Carol spoke of snow from europe but looked as if only going to affect SW england....any ideas to rubbish that?

Snow is melting here.....are we going to get top ups?

also, the mass orange on the maps are also for ice, a bit of over forcasting too i think as they are just not sure!

more snow please!!!

Posted

Morning ALL

- 6 here this morning dp -9.3 and altogether 5/6 " of snow.

Never seen so much on the coast and i'm over 30 !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Morning folks,

We're just in the middle of our second (at least) heavy snow shower, it looks that possibly it could be our turn today :cold:.

Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Ice warning - so no :cold:

Posted

Morning,

-6c here currently, have around 6" of powder snow, looks great outside. Later this afternoon into this evening looks good for costal Suffolk, Essex and Kent, with showers piling in off the N.Sea

Posted

morning all

just seen BBC weather and weekend looks not so good...Carol spoke of snow from europe but looked as if only going to affect SW england....any ideas to rubbish that?

Snow is melting here.....are we going to get top ups?

also, the mass orange on the maps are also for ice, a bit of over forcasting too i think as they are just not sure!

more snow please!!!

She also forecast a shedload of snow for London and the SE yesterday morning, ie got pretty much a 'nowcast' wrong (as did the MetO, to be fair, and most of us on here!). Propspects still look promising but I've struggled all along to see this as a 'heavy' snow event.

Edited by pureasthedriven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Amazing that parts of East Ipswich saw 5 inches of snow last night, and to the west of Ipswich there is around 2/3 inches - big difference in just 4 miles, but that's snow for you :cold:

Hopefully more to come later on today... these snow showers around the wash are way too north for me !

Posted

That BBC Forecast saying it will miss the SE on Sunday and hit SW parts seems a load of tosh to me... Met Office are still saying snow from 18:00 Saturday until the end of Sunday for Kent it seems. and that was updated at 0801 this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Doesn't it seem that the Met O are supplying the BBC with duff info because the two forecasts often conflict ?

Or does the BBC use stale data?

Posted

Morning everyone, as an earlier post mentioned, deep snow here in Clacton, wasnt as bad in Colchester, but a very stunning drive in none the less.

Posted

No the showers are heavy, we had 2" in just over 1hr by the sea! so in land even more..

Guest archiesmummy

She also forecast a shedload of snow for London and the SE yesterday morning, ie got pretty much a 'nowcast' wrong (as did the MetO, to be fair, and most of us on here!). Propspects still look promising but I've struggled all along to see this as a 'heavy' snow event.

that, is very true!

i think you might be right

thanks for replying good.gif

hope you have a good day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

That BBC Forecast saying it will miss the SE on Sunday and hit SW parts seems a load of tosh to me... Met Office are still saying snow from 18:00 Saturday until the end of Sunday for Kent it seems. and that was updated at 0801 this morning!

Yeah I was not impressed with that forecast at all. Pile of poo if you ask me and goes against what the Meto are forecasting.

I think Carol has been out in the cold too long and her brain is starting to Freeze! cold.gif

Edited by mam500

Posted

Morning,

up until around 11pm last night, MK had one teeny tiny snow shower which I noticed while I was clearing my driveway at around 6.30pm-6.45pm. Last night was not as cold as Wednesday night with a low of -5. I am quietly confident of a few more showers before nightfall!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Total Snow Depth 10.4CM

Posted

Amazing that parts of East Ipswich saw 5 inches of snow last night, and to the west of Ipswich there is around 2/3 inches - big difference in just 4 miles, but that's snow for you :)

Hopefully more to come later on today... these snow showers around the wash are way too north for me !

8 inches a bit further east in Felixstowe!