Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I can tell you there is most certainly not 16cm in east Hull as Ive just been through there. Take away the '1' and its closer to being accurate. :nonono:

We had about an hour of moderate snow but the main band was mainly to the west of the city. Currently -0.1C after a max earlier of 2.2C.

16cm in my back garden mate :( there was 14cm on the last pic i took....

On all surfaces it's a good 7-8cm on the front and on paths, with the cold e sac much deeper.

Got some drifting too

post-2644-12629702224342_thumb.jpg

Posted

nice big flakes now

Its just light snow here now but its covered the cars (the ones taht were clear anyway). Mine still has about 6 inch of snow on :nonono:

Posted

Same here this afternoon and a good 3 inches has fallen.

Road problems in the village and it seems that an HGV has overturned coming down the hill from Scarborough.

Is that it for the showers now, or will we pick any up when the wind turns?

Posted

again all the showers heading towards us in Leeds and surrounding areas are just fizzling away over North York Moors why is that happening ?

It has happened more than once this week......

Posted

oh wait theres a few flakes just made it but now its stopped again! LOOOOOL :nonono:

still going here mate

Posted

It's done that repeatedly to us over here over the last two days.

it did the opposite here last night, and it snowed heavy when nothing showed on the radar :nonono:

Posted

Its just light snow here now but its covered the cars (the ones taht were clear anyway). Mine still has about 6 inch of snow on :nonono:

struggling to snow here! only few small falkes and its ment to be bad! update its starting to snow a bit now LOL

update: its stopped again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Craigers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I can tell you there is most certainly not 16cm in east Hull as Ive just been through there. Take away the '1' and its closer to being accurate. :)

We had about an hour of moderate snow but the main band was mainly to the west of the city. Currently -0.1C after a max earlier of 2.2C.

LOL figured as much. And that ruler says 13cm not 16cms Mr Lewis :rolleyes::pardon:

I am sure you only bought that the other day.. perhaps ask for your money back? ;-)

Edited by rikki

Posted

Its just light snow here now but its covered the cars (the ones taht were clear anyway). Mine still has about 6 inch of snow on :rolleyes:

its stopped now

Posted

Cars gettin stuck near me... i live on edge of moors snow depth about 7 inches! just spoke 2 my dad hes been stuck for about an hour now in the same place... scarborough has come to a standstill!!!! no traffic movement!

Posted

Cars gettin stuck near me... i live on edge of moors snow depth about 7 inches! just spoke 2 my dad hes been stuck for about an hour now in the same place... scarborough has come to a standstill!!!! no traffic movement!

my mate its stuck there also!

Posted

LOL figured as much. And that ruler says 13cm not 16cms Mr Lewis :rolleyes::pardon:

I am sure you only bought that the other day.. perhaps ask for your money back? ;-)

Hey,

The 13cm pic was taking half way through the heavy snow earlier.

If you listened to my post, you would have seen what i wrote.

I have 7-8cm on most surfaces including paths etc. In my back garden wheres its untouched and after every fall of snow its not squashed down and compacted and it continues to accumulate (my back garden gets hardly any sun at all) it's 16cm and there's lot of drifting... If i had 16cm on the front i would have about 28 in my back garden lol.

Lewis

Posted

Just had blizzard conditions here for about 20 minutes in DN11 giving a good 1-2 cm. It is still snowing quite heavily now.

Posted

Just spoke to a customer in Bridlington

2-3" in just 2 hoursbad.gif

yeh thats right mate, cars skidding all over,stopped now though , just built a 6ft snowman....just for the kids you understand lol :cc_confused:

Posted

Just had blizzard conditions here for about 20 minutes in DN11 giving a good 1-2 cm. It is still snowing quite heavily now.

its amazing how theres nothing here falling!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Yep taken me an hour to get home. Total gridlock in town. Roads are just total ice.

Posted

looks like this side of doncaster should get heavier ppn in 10mins NE if it does happen :cc_confused:

Posted

It was the same when you had it yesterday afternoon craigers. I could see it over the fields but we did not get a drop here!!

Posted

Lads in Leeds, the latest radar is a corker! i think we may get sumat now, lets just hope that big blob to the north east doesnt die before it gets here! biggrin.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hey,

The 13cm pic was taking half way through the heavy snow earlier.

If you listened to my post, you would have seen what i wrote.

I have 7-8cm on most surfaces including paths etc. In my back garden wheres its untouched and after every fall of snow its not squashed down and compacted and it continues to accumulate (my back garden gets hardly any sun at all) it's 16cm and there's lot of drifting... If i had 16cm on the front i would have about 28 in my back garden lol.

Lewis

Fair dos

Edited by rikki

Posted

Fair dos

No legs im afraid mate, my cable is not long enough. I'm nipping into town over weekend to get some longer USB cabling, and i'm going to buy a new HD webcam so i can hook it up on the wall overlooking the garden, i'll have to get some waterproof cielent so the webcam does not get any damp or wetness into it.

Lewis